Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

CH Rangers Band!

I was trying to find chats for various classes where I could ask questions of all the experts from various servers in one place, and I was told buy a couple of Rangers that they were unaware of such a thing existing for their class so I created one. I am by no means an expert, but I will gladly push to get all the experts I can find to join and participate :-)

Hey, join our 'Celtic Heroes Rangers' group on BAND - The app for groups and communities!
https://band.us/n/aca0zfCa26E2y

Calling all Rangers! Your expertise are most humbly requested! Here is a cross server class chat for Rangers on Band:
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Re: CH Rangers Band!

Or, ya know, you could try using the forums...that's kinda what they are here for, and this seems like a great topic to kick-start a bit of life into the Ranger subforum!

If you are set on using Band though, enjoy, and I hope you can pick up some useful info!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Or, ya know, you could try using the forums...that's kinda what they are here for
Thread locked, please stay on topic.
It ain’t that hard to stay on topic, especially if the thread’s topic is super vague. For example, let’s say there is a new thread: “Pro tips for Rangers”. That’s a pretty vague topic, so pretty much anything related to helpful tips and thoughts for the Ranger class is sure to be welcomed there. However, if it turns toward criticizing VR for decisions about the Ranger class (and useless criticism of VR is what pulled most of the locked threads off topic), that’s quite off topic...the point of the thread is about tips and tricks for playing the Ranger class, not discussing what would make Rangers better.
On the other hand, if the thread was about discussing who has the highest auto attack across all servers, that’s a much easier thread to pull off-topic by insulting each other’s gear, builds, skills, etc. :?

There’s no reason to start branching off into multiple topics on a single thread...if you want to discuss something else, make a new thread. Discussing 4 different things on the same thread just leads to confusion about what everyone is talking about. I know a lot of players were upset about mod/admin thread locking decisions, but that’s a matter of judgement, and they don’t have to have the same opinions as you.

Anyways, since you brought it up, I personally think that the reason for all the trouble last year was simply because VR runs this forum. I’m not a part of any of the external (cross-server) chat groups, but I’d assume that most of them do a pretty good job of staying on their topics. The problem wasn’t just the moderators over-moderating (though that did happen occasionally)...it was mostly because many players would bring up every possible opportunity to bash VR or to bring up their personal changes that they want made. I’m not saying that those things don’t belong on the forums, simply that players were posting them everywhere, not in the right places, which meant that a lot of threads were pulled off topic.
On external chat groups, VR doesn’t officially see them (I’m sure some of the staff have accounts in some clan groups, wherever they play), so there’s no point in players airing their issues.

I think the forums have mostly calmed down again over the past month or so. The Unity fixes and the fact that certain people aren’t on as much really makes it a more enjoyable place to browse. Having some more active discussions would be really beneficial.

I’m personally counting this as on topic, seeing as the thread is (in my view) about ignoring the forums to discuss Ranger things elsewhere, and this post is attempting to argue against that ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Or, ya know, you could try using the forums...that's kinda what they are here for, and this seems like a great topic to kick-start a bit of life into the Ranger subforum!

If you are set on using Band though, enjoy, and I hope you can pick up some useful info!

My hope is to increase both activity here and activity on 3rd party apps. I read mage sub-forum pretty often but ONLY because I'm on a mage band. My experience leads me to believe that there is a section of people who can be reached through third-party apps who can liver be consistently reach to the forums, and vise versa.

We could also just look for and post each and every item in the database on the forum, but that's a difficult way to go about it. It feels far more effective to have website so when the website went down, I, and hopefully all of the siege Community was very grateful to you for bringing it back up online because one more resource. For me personally, band is at least a thousand times as flexible and functional as the forums. I was mostly inspired to do it because of how active the Mage band is. Also, if we can get an equally active community, it represents an opportunity to ask questions that for whatever reason I can't ask all the forums. sometimes it's time, sometimes this morning to upload a screenshot on the fact that the forums are very finicky about whether they'll let me do that, for sometimes it's asking the controversial question that I'm afraid we'll get derailed or called naming and shaming or something like that.

TL;DR

The forum and third-party apps both have their place and I think we should do both, not one of the other.
General of EXODUS

Clan Pantheon

Or, ya know, you could try using the forums...that's kinda what they are here for
It ain’t that hard to stay on topic, especially if the thread’s topic is super vague. For example, let’s say there is a new thread: “Pro tips for Rangers”. That’s a pretty vague topic, so pretty much anything related to helpful tips and thoughts for the Ranger class is sure to be welcomed there. However, if it turns toward criticizing VR for decisions about the Ranger class (and useless criticism of VR is what pulled most of the locked threads off topic), that’s quite off topic...the point of the thread is about tips and tricks for playing the Ranger class, not discussing what would make Rangers better.
On the other hand, if the thread was about discussing who has the highest auto attack across all servers, that’s a much easier thread to pull off-topic by insulting each other’s gear, builds, skills, etc. :?

There’s no reason to start branching off into multiple topics on a single thread...if you want to discuss something else, make a new thread. Discussing 4 different things on the same thread just leads to confusion about what everyone is talking about. I know a lot of players were upset about mod/admin thread locking decisions, but that’s a matter of judgement, and they don’t have to have the same opinions as you.

Anyways, since you brought it up, I personally think that the reason for all the trouble last year was simply because VR runs this forum. I’m not a part of any of the external (cross-server) chat groups, but I’d assume that most of them do a pretty good job of staying on their topics. The problem wasn’t just the moderators over-moderating (though that did happen occasionally)...it was mostly because many players would bring up every possible opportunity to bash VR or to bring up their personal changes that they want made. I’m not saying that those things don’t belong on the forums, simply that players were posting them everywhere, not in the right places, which meant that a lot of threads were pulled off topic.
On external chat groups, VR doesn’t officially see them (I’m sure some of the staff have accounts in some clan groups, wherever they play), so there’s no point in players airing their issues.

I think the forums have mostly calmed down again over the past month or so. The Unity fixes and the fact that certain people aren’t on as much really makes it a more enjoyable place to browse. Having some more active discussions would be really beneficial.

I’m personally counting this as on topic, seeing as the thread is (in my view) about ignoring the forums to discuss Ranger things elsewhere, and this post is attempting to argue against that ;)
This is not at all my intention. at least for me personally, if I am in an active third party app focused on a particular probably more than a hundred times as likely to be active in that class is sub for him on the forums as well. My YouTube channel is named after my rogue, but I don't remember the last time I was in that sub for him because I'm not in a rogue group either. I will work on finding one or making one once I've got the ranger one figured out.
General of EXODUS

Clan Pantheon

This is not at all my intention. at least for me personally, if I am in an active third party app focused on a particular probably more than a hundred times as likely to be active in that class is sub for him on the forums as well. My YouTube channel is named after my rogue, but I don't remember the last time I was in that sub for him because I'm not in a rogue group either. I will work on finding one or making one once I've got the ranger one figured out.
General of EXODUS

Clan Pantheon