Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rangers

If you guys are saying that bow is so much better then ranged combat, and ranged combat doesnt really do anything why are there so many items with ranged combat skill added?
bolas, light heal, longshot, sharp, all ranged combat based skills will be better if you have more ranged combat
Unfortunately, long shot, barbed shot, and explosive arrow are mediocre skills, which is why ranged combat is inferior to something like cunning.
Wattzon of Sulis

just stack bow, 800 bow ring gives 800 attack and 80 dmg, methinks
nah adds alot more then 80 dmg, It adds like 120-140 i think without counting the str add
Ronin Clan, Belenus
CriticalBlade 221 Rogue, Full Wardens armor
CriticalSlayer 201 Warrior, Full Wardens except bp
CriticalSnipe 160 Ranger, Full DG armor

If you guys are saying that bow is so much better then ranged combat, and ranged combat doesnt really do anything why are there so many items with ranged combat skill added?
Filler drops that no one wants
That’s not what my emberdrake rings said lol

I used 2 imperial emberdrake rings which gave me 1k ranged combat ability. The most noticeable boost i got was on sharpshot, with the rings i got about 300 more dmg than without the rings on. I did switch one out for a mighty oblivion ring which gives 600 bow ability tho. Bow ability is better because rangers rely a lot more on autos than skills, and the only meta dps skill that is boosted by ranged combat is sharpshot which gets evaded and resisted a lot anyways.

Ranged combat also boosts sharpen weapons and steady aim. But when I compared the skills with and without the rings on, the difference was so minimal that it doesn’t matter.
Last edited by Zkills on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Bow
+ increases damage. Auto attack damage
+ attack. So better chance to hit with auto attacks, resulting in increasing overall dps

Ranged combat
+ boosts all ranger skills so:
+ better skill damage from sharp shot etc
+ increases the boost from sharpen weapon and steamy aim, both of which add to your auto attack dps, but not as much as increasing your bow ability will
+ increases light heal's healing amount

As far as abilities go you definitely want to aim to max both, but generally bow is more important especially at endgame. For gear, using necro rings as example, oblivion is best if it is available to you as it adds bow. Pit rings aren't that bad as the str and dex stats are nice to have. Rot rings, well they usually get left to rot in clan banks!
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia

Ranged combat rings aren’t awful, I’d probably use a high tier if I didnt have bow rings available.

Not only do the two available rings that add ranged combat (necro and emberdrake) give really nice bonuses alongside the ability points, but ranged combat literally adds so much to all your skills.

As someone pointed out, it also makes your buffs (sharp/steady) stronger.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Filler drops that no one wants

I used 2 imperial emberdrake rings which gave me 1k ranged combat ability. The most noticeable boost i got was on sharpshot, with the rings i got about 300 more dmg than without the rings on. I did switch one out for a mighty oblivion ring which gives 600 bow ability tho. Bow ability is better because rangers rely a lot more on autos than skills, and the only meta dps skill that is boosted by ranged combat is sharpshot which gets evaded and resisted a lot anyways.

Ranged combat also boosts sharpen weapons and steady aim. But when I compared the skills with and without the rings on, the difference was so minimal that it doesn’t matter.
Bah yeah they’re good those also add attack I meant those dumb necro rings and ranged event or gele braces
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Bah yeah they’re good those also add attack I meant those dumb necro rings and ranged event or gele braces
Ahem, I believe you used to use one of those godly braces that dropped from the sexy 210 monolith lol.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

bolas, light heal, longshot, sharp, all ranged combat based skills will be better if you have more ranged combat
Unfortunately, long shot, barbed shot, and explosive arrow are mediocre skills, which is why ranged combat is inferior to something like cunning.
I lix with solely combos, and i have gotten better consistently with explosive in my build. Of course, i am Dex build, 50/50 skill points, and imp mord brace for it. I usually get 4-5k dmg atm.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Ranged combat and bow ability are simply pieces in the damage formulas, ranged combat does the same exact thing bow just for skills rather the auto damage...the difference is that autos are a rangers primary form of damage and skills are simply supplemental damage additions, so bow ability gives a larger boost to your total dps
Thank you this has helped a lot
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +