Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

My setup for my upcoming 200 ranger.

Hello!

I am going to be lixing my ranger alt to 200 in the next 1-2 months. So far I have this for him

-100 cold dmg / 600 defence / 1000 hp Mordris helm
-Shadow agonizing strike Necro bow
-full skain frost set
- 2 120 str / 100 dex / 900 hp prot braces
- DL I don't have currently but will of course get
- 2 +6 sharpen weapons prot ring and a +6 steady aim prot ring

My gear looks pretty solid but I have two questions. . .

1. I'll have 1000 free points to spend at 200, how many should points should I put in str, vit, dex and/or focus?

2. I have seen a lot of debate over quivers, should I get the 210 str haste quiver or the 400 elemental dmg dex attack quiver? (I am assuming the str haste one but I'm not a ranger expert lol)

Thanks for reading and appreciate any responses!
An old character. . .

Re: My setup for my upcoming 200 ranger.

1. Helm is a good start, if you can trade it for one that gives either dex or attack, you should.

2. Is that bow the one that does AoE damage? If it is, I'd avoid using it during lixes if you're solo. You will draw adds onto yourself constantly and die.

3. Skain/gara sets are over rated on rangers (besides poison, and even then it's not great), if you can, sell it for a good price and buy a runic ammy instead. Frees up a ring slot for something better.

4. Try to trade the prot braces for attack ones if possible.

5. I hope those aren't your permanent rings. They give like, maybe 100 or 120 stat points each? If I was you, I'd get either ranged combat/bow (if you're lucky) necro rings, or the level 200 lux ones that give str/hp and attack. You can hot-swap one sharpen weps and one steady aim ring to save skill points.

6. Based on your gear, you can probably go no vit points since your dl set/helm/prot braces will put you at 4-5k hp or so. Probably plenty for now, and will go higher once you hit EDL set at 205. For strength, the plateau is at 900 str or something, so go up to 900 str and dump the rest into dex.

7. I like the haste quiver, because you save a ring slot since you get the 30% attack speed from it, especially once you stop lixing.

Good luck.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

1. Helm is a good start, if you can trade it for one that gives either dex or attack, you should.

2. Is that bow the one that does AoE damage? If it is, I'd avoid using it during lixes if you're solo. You will draw adds onto yourself constantly and die.

3. Skain/gara sets are over rated on rangers (besides poison, and even then it's not great), if you can, sell it for a good price and buy a runic ammy instead. Frees up a ring slot for something better.

5. I hope those aren't your permanent rings. They give like, maybe 100 or 120 stat points each? If I was you, I'd get either ranged combat/bow (if you're lucky) necro rings, or the level 200 lux ones that give str/hp and attack. You can hot-swap one sharpen weps and one steady aim ring to save skill points.

6. Based on your gear, you can probably go no vit points since your dl set/helm/prot braces will put you at 4-5k hp or so. Probably plenty for now, and will go higher once you hit EDL set at 205. For strength, the plateau is at 900 str or something, so go up to 900 str and dump the rest into dex.

7. I like the haste quiver, because you save a ring slot since you get the 30% attack speed from it, especially once you stop lixing.

Good luck.
Thank you for the response! I really appreciate it. Why are Skain sets overrated? Many people have told me how overpowered they are for rangers etc, curious to know why. The set would add 420 dex and 325 str and it would also add the nice 200 cold dmg. Seems good to me lol.
An old character. . .

I’ve found that Skain sets are great for Ranger when you can’t get bow necro rings. I am an advocate for the use of dps sets for rangers, and while I went the attack route and got runic ammy/storm charm, skain sets are the better damage option, so for lixing, where attack doesn’t matter much, the skain set would be a good option.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
221-Ranger

Avarina (Black Frostbringer’s Hat)
210 Druid

StormySeas
220 Fire Mage

Good luck.
Thank you for the response! I really appreciate it. Why are Skain sets overrated? Many people have told me how overpowered they are for rangers etc, curious to know why. The set would add 420 dex and 325 str and it would also add the nice 200 cold dmg. Seems good to me lol.
You're going to be lixing at summoning where the mobs are extremely weak to cold damage.

Start lixing in a group at rev (210) adds when you get around level 203-205, it will be fruitful exp if you have an ice mage with you.
Wattzon of Sulis

He's on Epona so trading his prot bracers won't happen unless he pays a lot of gold too. Those bracers go for 3-500k, if that. The least wanted of mighty attack bracers go for 1m minimum usually.

Necro bow rings are gonna be hard to come by as most maj+ are on ranger mains or alts who wouldn't sell. Better option would be runic valour rings.

Hello!

I am going to be lixing my ranger alt to 200 in the next 1-2 months. So far I have this for him

-100 cold dmg / 600 defence / 1000 hp Mordris helm
-Shadow agonizing strike Necro bow
-full skain frost set
- 2 120 str / 100 dex / 900 hp prot braces
- DL I don't have currently but will of course get
- 2 +6 sharpen weapons prot ring and a +6 steady aim prot ring

My gear looks pretty solid but I have two questions. . .

1. I'll have 1000 free points to spend at 200, how many should points should I put in str, vit, dex and/or focus?

2. I have seen a lot of debate over quivers, should I get the 210 str haste quiver or the 400 elemental dmg dex attack quiver? (I am assuming the str haste one but I'm not a ranger expert lol)

Thanks for reading and appreciate any responses!
Skain set is terrible.

The stats are bad and they add minimal attack. I'd HIGHLY recommend using a runic valour ammy with 4 runic valour ring (you can hotswap skill rings). Braces are also not great. You want to maximize attack as bosses have high defense so I'd recommend swapping those braces out as soon as possible for prot attack braces however in the meantime would recommend the lvl 200 shop dex brace giving 400 attack + 100 dex so 500 more attack. Also, the mord helm needs changing. No attack as well (if you haven't realized by now attack is very important lol). If possible grab a victory, duelist, earth or moon mordris helm. Quiver obiously use the strength one as it adds attack and the pierce damage is far superior to the elemental. I'd also suggest getting rid of the necro bow for raids for the shop one which adds 700 bow (700 attack + dmg). SKills I would HIGHLY recommend sharpen weapons, Steady aim, double shot, sharp shot and bolas. Rest in light heal or rapid shot. Stats with this gear i'd suggest full dex as str is very outdated on rangers. Str plateaus at 100/400/900/1600. Personally, i'd recommend 400 str if poor gear and 900 str if very nice gear. The dex adds buffs to skills as well as more attack which again is the most important stat for endgame bossing. Good luck
Hi

I use a gara/Skain blade set and it works out just fine for me, and saves me 850k on an ammy that doesn’t look very appealing to me lol (I like the vit my gara ammy adds). Plus I’d use a shadow Necro bow over shop bow any day of the week, faster attack speed is more beneficial in my opinion (if you already have good attack). I would swap agonizing strike for a blood rage bow if you can
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I use a gara/Skain blade set and it works out just fine for me, and saves me 850k on an ammy that doesn’t look very appealing to me lol (I like the vit my gara ammy adds). Plus I’d use a shadow Necro bow over shop bow any day of the week, faster attack speed is more beneficial in my opinion (if you already have good attack). I would swap agonizing strike for a blood rage bow if you can
It seems to me that the Skain sets are definitely good for lixing and killing non-endgame bosses, but when it comes down to endgame bosses, they seem to be less useful. Being on Epona, I'm not too concerned having super high attack. So, most likely I will only use the Skain set, but maybe down the road change. Also, I ended up getting a shadow blood bow and it seems overpowered when it comes to bosses and lixing in general. The extra 450 heat damage proc looks amazing! My ranger, I think, will be slightly overpowered with all the gear I got now :) Thanks for your opinion though!
An old character. . .