Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Opportunity Cost

Something that most rangers never take into account.

Light heal, bolas and entangle take time to cast, and while you're casting you do not do any auto damage, this is especially detrimental while lixing, you waste precious seconds casting skills when you can be levelling faster and using a couple restos.

And the cost of those restos could be somewhat made up by the extra time you save through farming.

This applies to other situations as well, there's a reason that longshot is a mediocre skill, it takes time to cast, can be evaded, and damage output does not make up for the lost autos.

Its all about the opportunity cost.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Opportunity Cost

I was using 25 restos a lix the other day cause i wasnt casting bolas when i lixed in 215 edl room 0.0 7 hours later and over 700 restos later... :lol: this room is an exception to opportunity cost cause those mobs hit like a truck. Otherwise i tend to agree with the whole post. Thisis why i have never liked heal. Restos are more convenient and i can dps more than if i was to cast heal also
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I was using 25 restos a lix the other day cause i wasnt casting bolas when i lixed in 215 edl room 0.0 7 hours later and over 700 restos later... :lol: this room is an exception to opportunity cost cause those mobs hit like a truck. Otherwise i tend to agree with the whole post. Thisis why i have never liked heal. Restos are more convenient and i can dps more than if i was to cast heal also
Solo on 3* or 4* mobs you can make an exception for one bolas, but soloing is terrible as a ranger anyhow.
Wattzon of Sulis

The fact that people have to use so many restos when lixing is ridiculous... lvling solo from 201-205 cost me at least 600+ restos while on combos, also used lightheal for the extra 600 hp heal. Hope the gardens give some easier mobs that don’t require everyone but warriors to get wasted on restos.

Wish using those skills mentioned didn’t interfere with autos... and it’s super annoying when you’re trying to cast light heal and it gets interrupted
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The fact that people have to use so many restos when lixing is ridiculous... lvling solo from 201-205 cost me at least 600+ restos while on combos, also used lightheal for the extra 600 hp heal. Hope the gardens give some easier mobs that don’t require everyone but warriors to get wasted on restos.

Wish using those skills mentioned didn’t interfere with autos... and it’s super annoying when you’re trying to cast light heal and it gets interrupted
That's why group lixing will always yield better exp for rangers, unless the lix partners don't know how to use their class wisely.
Wattzon of Sulis

That's why group lixing will always yield better exp for rangers, unless the lix partners don't know how to use their class wisely.
Group bonus helps a lot too.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

Never understood what the group bonus thing means ever since I randomly started seeing it after some update lol, so can someone explain to meh what it means? And ik I should probably have been lvling in a group, but I despise group lvling as I like to lvl on my own time and can form my own little lvling strategy. Find it more enjoyable than waiting around for someone to lix with and then cross my fingers they don’t randomly log out or go afk (has happened many times lol).

Solo leveling needs more love towards endgame, and I hope the Gardens gives that in the form of quests and easier mobs (many mobs in the tower are absolutely brutal)
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

...group bonus, ...what it means?
Group bonus:
Every member in a group evenly divides the xp/gold (before level penalty) such that 1 person gets 100%, 2 get 50%, 3 get 33%, etc. However, there is a group bonus of 30% per member (I think; I'm not in-game to check rn) such that if two people were to kill a mob that would have dropped 100 gold, each member would get 65 gold (rather than 50).
This makes it so that groups are more efficient (within limits); 2 people kill mobs twice as fast (all things being equal; in theory), but get slightly more gold/xp than otherwise.

Hope this answered the question, and/or was helpful.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Warriors are so bad. I've dumped 300 focus and I'm still using a lot of pots for energy
Hi