Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sharp Shot or Sharpen Weapons?

I'm not debating whether sharpshot is free damage or good for personal dps. What I'm saying is if stuck with a choice between it or sharpen weapons I'm going with sharpen to boost the overall damage of the group which will yield more dps over time.
your exact wording was:
sharp shot isn't a viable endgame skill unless you have full DG or pvping imo.
this statement could not be any more wrong. Also, whilst it may be true in some cases, sharpen weapons does yield more overall dps however what also must be considered is the following: do any other rangers run sharpen weapons? If the answer is yes then you have 50 wasted skill points and are also left without sharpshot. Resulting in a loss of dps. And secondly what classes are you typically grouped with? A rangers sharpen is useless to any dps warriors or rogues. They are not even close to in range to recieve its buff. So that effects the overall usefulness of sharpen weaps.

In an ideal scenario a player should run both of these skill. If however for whatever reason a player can use only 1 of the two i would take sharpshot every day of the week
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Sharpshot misses like no other, I rather not use it and save my energy for other skills...Our groups are well planned out with all rangers huddled around the sharpener, "dps warriors" and rogues running back to receive the buff. And like I said it's not viable unless you have full DG or pvping "IMO". Whatever works for you is fine, but I don't use it in my skillet and still do tons of dps. My sharpen buffs for 207 and when multipled 8 times that's a win all around, I'll leave it to the other rangers to slot sharpshot. Everyone is entitled to throw in their two cents even if it ain't worth a nickel.
Lex Talionis -231 ranger
Moo Cow General
Ranger Corp 6* Boss
First Proteus kill on Fingal, First Gelebron kill on droid,Last one to sleep on
I've failed more times than you've ever tried, that's where we differ.

My sharp shot rarely misses on bosses where we have expose weakness active
Not every boss has expose tho. Personally I say sharp shot cause 9/10 times there are other rangers that can use sharpen, but rip dps if there arnt any other rangers
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Sharpshot misses like no other, I rather not use it and save my energy for other skills...Our groups are well planned out with all rangers huddled around the sharpener, "dps warriors" and rogues running back to receive the buff. And like I said it's not viable unless you have full DG or pvping "IMO". Whatever works for you is fine, but I don't use it in my skillet and still do tons of dps. My sharpen buffs for 207 and when multipled 8 times that's a win all around, I'll leave it to the other rangers to slot sharpshot. Everyone is entitled to throw in their two cents even if it ain't worth a nickel.
Energy is expendable when it comes to lock battles, and in the grand scheme of things, as in bringing the boss down faster and making up for the lost energy lix or resto pots from the time saved.

Also, sharpshot isn't that highly evaded.
Wattzon of Sulis

Sharpshot a great skill, I quickswap gele rings for sharpshot and longshot casting and it boosts dmg by a buttload. As for missing, on a regular raid such as gele my sharpshot does not seem to miss that much.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.