Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What to do?

Im a level 68 ranger. I am currently a dex ranger but i got the 'bow of winter king' from auction house. I cannot equip it because i need 100 strength but should i bother buying a book of rebirth and alteration to become a strength ranger with the bow. In the forums it says that its better to become a str ranger when you are a high level but this bow has 140 pierce so i think double shot will be good. The final option is to sell it but i may not get much profit because i wasted 25k on it.

Im confused so please send help!
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: What to do?

May as well buy the reb and alt books just to find out. But since all skills are dex based, might not be so great. Dex adds to your attack at 2:1 and def at 1:1, ao losing dex loses attack and defence. In other words, you will hit less and get hit more. And light heal will be much less useful as str ranger.
May as well go for it though. Oh, drom what I have read, piercing damage is also one of the more highly resisted ones. But, good str and pierce, tou may have some good hit, and double unfathomable will be far better as you noted already.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

If I were you I would go strength.
Vit double your level
Strength rest of stats
Get full warden asap and always stick with a full armor set. I.e. Don't trade warden gloves for meteoric just because you're 85.
Max sharp shot
Max steady aim
Max sharpen weps
Double shot 10 levels above you
If you have extra points put them in light heal. Some people max the other skills with jewelry and gear so they add in bolas alongside them. I don't suggest adding bolas until 160 when you do dl bosses.
Make sure that every few levels you get wisdom and haste lixs and max out your bow ability. If your bow ability is lacking you will always see "miss miss miss" above the enemy. Every level of bow ability equals one attack. For this reason, I find it's not worth it to add dex.
At 120 work on getting this gear:
Level 90 hunter ammy or a level 100 star stone ammy with str
Misc with attack, dex, or strength. The spider misc of needles is the best.
Bracelets. Try to get ones that add to double shot or rapid shot, with strength. If you have the ability to buy or obtain an aggy bracelet, look for these stats: strength, bow ability, bolas, double shot, rapid shot
If the aggy bracelet has any one of those it's worth it.
You could also get a level 90/100 frost/fire/poison set with ring, misc, and necky.
For rings I suggest ones that add strength/dex. Get a haste ring, definitely. Also try to get aggy rings that add direct damage. The best one of these is the firefang as I find fire damage works very well in both otherworld and carrow.
Best of luck bud.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I had a friend who was STR built with askord bow, he was hitting a 1.4k dmg from a crit double shot while I was doing about 800 from crit longshot , after a while he changed into DEX and sold the bow. as double shot was his only effective dmg . his autos were missing a lot. And he was loosing health like he has no defence. and those STR bows are two handed so no quivers to you
Arrow
Head
( 100+ ) Lir

I had a friend who was STR built with askord bow, he was hitting a 1.4k dmg from a crit double shot while I was doing about 800 from crit longshot , after a while he changed into DEX and sold the bow. as double shot was his only effective dmg . his autos were missing a lot. And he was loosing health like he has no defence. and those STR bows are two handed so no quivers to you
Good answer.
Additionally, uow slow is that bow OP? Damn slow is my guess. Easily twice as slow. So you need to do twice the damage to make up for that. IMHO, they are not worth it.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]