Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Lv 150 Ranger advice?

So I've just reached 150 and I'm trying to figure out how to develop from here. I've stopped levelling for now to chill and work on obtaining frozen armor as well as replacing my other neglected gear. I will mainly be bossing and doing dailies. I've only been playing since xmas so still getting to grips with the mid level gameplay and what gear is available.

My questions are:
1) Should I stay 2 dex 1 Str until 180, or switch to strength now? Which is better for dps on bosses? Is a Str auto build better for farming?
2) What gear would you recommend? Especially which 150 Quiver and jewellery.

Stats
Str 181(291)
Dex 303(582)
Focus 10
Vit 281(311)

Hp 2284, en 573
Atk 2021, dmg 618, def 1164, armor 336

Longshot 31
Sharp shot 30+3
Double shot 31
Rapid 1
Light heal 32
Sharpen weapons 30+4

My gear is a pretty terrible mish mash but here goes:

Head- Lunar
Chest- spirit shadow
Feet- Ancient beastbone
Legs- spirit shadow
Arms- ancient beastbone (+350 to sharp shot)

Opal bow 80 dmg, 2990 speed, bow 200
Freezing Quiver 150 cold damage, 120 dex, 20/20 regen

Neck- Talisman of earth 30/30 regen, 150hp 150en
Misc- minor sureshot 10 str, 20 atk
Wrists- OW quest 80 dex, OW 40 str
Rings-
Sharpen weapons lvl 4
Minor emberdrake precision 30 atk, 30hp, 60 ranged combat
Comrak spiritseed 50 dex, 250 en, 150 spell evade
Sharp shot lvl 3

Lvl 4 brown bear 30 str, 30 vit
Lvl 2 yellow spider 29 dex, 58 atk

Your advice is appreciated :-)
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia

Re: Lv 150 Ranger advice?

Armor- frozen
Quiver- 150 FIRE or MAGIC
Bow- frozen OR wrymbone (frozen if you boss more)
Jewlery:
Necky- get a item from the skain/garanak event for your level. This should be a 140/150 piece. Expect a completed set. If you cannot get a full set, use a lux ammy. I suggest a bright stone hunter or stalker.
Misc- get the same item to help complete the set. The best sets are bladeleaf and bloodthorn. If you can't get one, use a 2013 damage charm or a charm with attack and strength.
Bracelet 1: I highly suggest a godly strength ow.
Bracelet 2: either a lux one with strength and attack OR a godly dex ow brace.
Ring 1: get a ring to complete your bladeleaf/bloodthorn/or other set. If you decide not to go with the set, use the same thing as ring 4.
Ring 2: either reaper or haste ring
Ring 3: aggy damage ring
Ring 4: aggy damage ring OR lux ring withattack and strength.

If nothing else, that emberdrake needs to go ASAP.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Armor- frozen
Quiver- 150 FIRE or MAGIC
Bow- frozen OR wrymbone (frozen if you boss more)
Jewlery:
Necky- get a item from the skain/garanak event for your level. This should be a 140/150 piece. Expect a completed set. If you cannot get a full set, use a lux ammy. I suggest a bright stone hunter or stalker.
Misc- get the same item to help complete the set. The best sets are bladeleaf and bloodthorn. If you can't get one, use a 2013 damage charm or a charm with attack and strength.
Bracelet 1: I highly suggest a godly strength ow.
Bracelet 2: either a lux one with strength and attack OR a godly dex ow brace.
Ring 1: get a ring to complete your bladeleaf/bloodthorn/or other set. If you decide not to go with the set, use the same thing as ring 4.
Ring 2: either reaper or haste ring
Ring 3: aggy damage ring
Ring 4: aggy damage ring OR lux ring withattack and strength.

If nothing else, that emberdrake needs to go ASAP.
This is why I asked if he had access to better gear. He might not and then it's pointless to type out get skain or gara items and perhaps he doesn't have enough gold for a quiver not does he want to farm gold. Gear suggestions are good if the player has access or means to get the gear.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Considering you have only been playing since christmas i will assume you do not have much gold and loco already posted the best possible(and really expensive) gear at around your level.

Frozen is definately the best armour to be using and is great that you are gonna focus on that.

Frozen bow is good and also saves needing to buy vendor bows till atleast 160 so that is also a good idea to get.

The quiver that i recommend is the elemental dex quivers. Fire ice or magic. If you level with mages a lot try get fire or ice. If you dont, it doesnt really matter much which you get. I would advise AGAINST the haste quiver at 150. The damage is not high because people dont usually have much str at that level and the dex quivers are just better in general.
A lot of your gear is all the right things, just try to look for upgraded versions of what you currently have. So...

Try to look for a comrak/jallan ammy. Bladeleaf, stormleaf, bloodthorn or frostroot ammy are all good dps ammies. These shouldnt be too expensive and are great for your level. If you cant find, your current ammy is still okay and can be used till you eventually find something better.

If you do get one of these ammies, i would look to try and complete the full set and buy the matching misc and ring. If you cant tho, the misc you have now is also really good. Just try to find a higher tier. Lvl 140 or 150 req(grand or mighty i think?)

Your braces are fine. Just keep doing the quests and level those up over time.

As for rings, using one slot for a comrak/jallan set is ideal. contrary to what loco said, emberdrake rings are actually quite nice. Just work on finding a higher tier. The ring i would look at replacing is your sharpen weapons +4 ring before any of the others. If you can afford it or dont mind farming, a haste ring is an amazing investment and will help you out a lot. If you can afford it, aggy damage rings(royal or higher) are also really nice to have but can be expensive on some servers.

And to answer your question, thypically a dex ranger, or hybrid ranger is better than a full str ranger at end game. And that is the same for farming aswell imo.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Thanks guys. I've just joined a top 4 clan on my server so they might have some nice stuff in bank but I don't want to be greedy with requests straight away. But yes it's true I don't have much gold yet. However I appreciate loco's advice too as it's given me some good ideas, it's good to have something to aim for.

I was lazy at low levels scraping by with cheap gear. But now I'm committed to this game I've decided I'm in no rush for levelling, it will probably take me a few months until I have full frozen so meanwhile I can get properly geared. Thanks betus for the suggestions, very helpful :-)

Are my attributes and skill point distributions looking OK?
Werd - 226 Ranger
Meavy Hetal - 202 Warrior
Server: Donn - Clan: Concordiia