Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ranger Build for knuckle blades

Hey guys, its snappi from epona and i wanted to hring up knuckle blades for rangers, i was wondering if anyone could provide any tips?

(please dont respond if you're not going to provide any positive feedback :D )

stats at the time of posting
level: 130
dex: 310(370)
focus: 10
str: 5(175)
vit: 350 (360) - 2300 hp
skills: (out of 30)
sharpen weapon: 35/30
light heal maxed
bolas maxed
any other skill points put into random skills

gear:
2x aggy 45 dmg rings and 1x aggy 40 dmg ring and a 3+ sharp weapons ring
majestic armlet of strength (50 + str) and mystic archers bracelet of the mesa (25 dex and 3+ sharp weps)
no ammy
15+ dex mallach misc slot item
weps:
diamond knucks and fiery conquest axe

armour:
full frozen except gloves which i use haste gloves to keep hits fast however i am looking to get a lvl 100 dmg helm and maybe get adamant legs and top for additional dex ( 25 from top and 20 from legs)

at the moment my average hit on any mob is about 300 and 340 sharp weps on
sadly the glitch with rapid shot and steady aim doesnt work so not able to use and then switch to knucks :(

so what i've picked up is that:

with dex it increases ur chance to hit and chance to dodge incoming attacks, for a ranger it also increases the effeciveness of sharpen weapons, where i can get additional damage from. it also increases the effectivness of light heal aswell, so i dont have any sigils atm (i cant afford :/) so this helps a lot. as u can see from my stats i have literally no energy but i get a lil extra from my gear so in order to regen energy with my extra skill points i put them on meditate which regens me quite fast (about 6 ticks and its fully regened to 600)
However, with only putting stats into dex and health means i cant increase my dmg with stats and have to buy damage gear which isnt that bad but is expensive :/

on the other hand if i went a full str build i could ditch my fiery axe and buy the knuckleduster offhand to increase my base damage meaning i would get more damage from each stat point i put on str and i could try buying some piercing damage braclets. also with all that additional damage gear my damage would be higher. but, with having so much str means i would end up ditching dex but that wouldnt make me hit as often and dodge as often

so should i become hybrid? or atleast putsome stats into dex?

feel free to leave comments and replies below! :) :) :)

but im using knuckle blades, meaning i hit so fast so it some what counters not being able to hit as often...

Re: Ranger Build for knuckle blades

Some will say don't do knucks, but do what you enjoy. That's why I've had a spear build ranger for roughly 170 of my 216 levels.

Knucks build is essentially same as spear build:
Sharpen weapons
Double attack
Light heal
Defensive spikes

This build relies on weapon speed and damage, so having high str is a must. You'll want to still have a good attack and defense since you'll be taking more hits so having some decent still helps.

Keep your axe offhand it's far better than offhand knucks.

Steady aim and rapid shot only work with bow and spear (have to equip bow to cast steady and swap to spear after)

ok so should i rebirth and put more into strength and less into dex?
No point in adding additional strength since the low pierce of the knuckle can only bring you so far and it's pretty wack. Pretty much allocate most of your stats into dex so it can give sharpens a buff.
Sulis

BlueExorsist

Yeah that was my original plan but should I still pump up my strength a bit more? Or just go complete dex and have like 0 str
You honestly don't need strength. You just need lots and lots of damage gear since you will be hitting faster and you want to take advantage of those hits per second.
Sulis

BlueExorsist

Ok man cheers for the help, I got a dmg helm, now to get a sun dmg misc and a damage ammy, any suggestions? My budget for an ammy is 400k
With 400k you could get the lvl 100 lux dmg ammy or the lvl 90 glow stone ammy of the hunter which adds dex and a bit of extra dmg. The dmg helm is nice but if you want even more dmg try to grab some radiant earth stone armor.
Sulis

BlueExorsist