Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

It's a DPS guide, light heal is thrown out the door. If you're saying dex as a stat to add, for attack stacking yea, but it doesn't need special mention as a build. Dex as for skill build with longshot barbed shot etc, isn't a good dps setup so it has no place here.
Ah my young padawan ;) light heal does have a place! Scenario... your on mord, she has her skill active what reks your hp as you hit her.
Do you:
A) stop hitting her?
B) keep hitting, idol back, cast sw and steady again?
C) cast a cheeky light heal and carry on pew pew?

Personally i think it goes hand in hand for dps, because the other options are either lacking in dps(stopping) or time consuming (casting 2 skills rather than 1) res pots could be an option also or used in sync for those low hp builds. Casting a few skills isnt going to help really, doubleshot is really the only option for dps as the others miss too often and 1 doubleshot doesnt outweigh the dmg recieved

Thats just on mord, rev 6* light heal defo helps top up when the druid is napping

I do agree on the other skills though.

*Hybrid for top build*
Your scenario is not very good. I have 5.5k health with kite. I dont stop attacking when the cloak skill is cast. Not do i cast lh. With a health lix and maybe 1 pot you will survive. Each hit deals only about 300 damage to me and it lasts 30 seconds whilst every 5 seconds hp lix heals around 150. The cloak is actually very easy to get around.

With revenant i like to try and get into the tank grp with heals :) if i dont get in il be in dps grp and just accept dying a few times.

I do believe tho that a hybrid or dex build will usually be best.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Why wouldn't you use light heal?
I have used it since day 1. Not only is it good to help you survive u can throw a couple heals at your mates. Heck maybe they'll buy u a brew at the tavern after.
Double shot is excellent imo. It's a for sure hit when shatter or a similar buff is applied
Very good guide.
Pew Pew
Level 220 ranger
Full edl
World of Donn
Syndicate Clan

Why wouldn't you use light heal?
I have used it since day 1. Not only is it good to help you survive u can throw a couple heals at your mates. Heck maybe they'll buy u a brew at the tavern after.
Double shot is excellent imo. It's a for sure hit when shatter or a similar buff is applied
Very good guide.
I used to use light heal too, no gripes about the skill, but its time and energy consuming.

You lose out on a few auto(s) while you cast skill and HP lix along with resto pots replace the skill for me.

It basically lessens your DPS, it's a setback to use one during lock battles.

However, it is still a great skill for rangers who are just beginning the game and saving up on money.
Wattzon of Sulis

Updated: Strongly recommend sharpshot to all rangers. The skill has been fixed for some time now.
Yes it has been fixed and if you run a hybrid/dex build, it gives quite a punch. Only downside I see that it is still evaded quite a lot, while Longshot is evaded fewer times than Sharpshot, and Double is a sure hit.

Surely a good lvling skill.
Frejlheir from Sulis
Oliver Quinn from Epona