Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is spear ranger viable?

Spear ranger is just terrible imo....yes you could just swap to a rogue or warrior because you have more skills available. Spear for rangers is just for fun or PVP....
Whats better then Celtic? Something called life I heard....
Epona
225 Ranger
217 Rogue
220 Druid
216 Mage
216 Warrior
Real life is more important

Yes it's viable, with a mordy spear.

Don't listen to the naysayers. It really shines at 180. If you can't get a necro bow or despoiler bow a spear build is pretty good. I've run a spear ranger on two different servers.

Mordy spears are getting to be fairly common and cheap.

Comparing a spear vs. vendor bow at 180:
Spear + offhand haste dagger
195 pierce
190 elemental damage
2950 speed
190 to stats
300 spear ability

Bow + haste quiver
185 pierce
3225 speed
300 attack
600 bow ability
180 str

By this level, most rangers are auto attack anyways. For lixing I've always gone spear as it nets more auto damage, swap to bow for bossing.

You can still use sharpen weps, and steady if you're willing to swap from bow to cast, then back to spear.

I used the 190'Trailblazer set and rarely used restos. It gave me a lot of attack, hp, str, dmg, defense etc.

I'd say it's quite viable depending on what you have available/access to.

Spear warrior works best with minimal gold to start. With full mete, spear from level 80 ow vendor, firey axe of triumph, and gloves of haste, I could easily kill pyrus with a group of 6 with a range of 10levels between us all. It was easy actually (level 125-second lowest at pyrus with level 100 Druid)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Spear warrior works best with minimal gold to start. With full mete, spear from level 80 ow vendor, firey axe of triumph, and gloves of haste, I could easily kill pyrus with a group of 6 with a range of 40levels between us all. It was easy actually (level 125-second lowest at pyrus with level 100 Druid) I got kill too ahah. Dropped it for a rogue I leveled earlier though
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I leveled using spear ranger at 180-200. I had a shadow spear spite dagger gara frost set and hrung damage braces etc. i got most kills even over all the rogues and mage i lixed with. Didnt stop them from complaining spear rangers suck and i should use bow tho :cry: had one warrior refuse to lox with me if i used spear...
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Spear warrior works best with minimal gold to start. With full mete, spear from level 80 ow vendor, firey axe of triumph, and gloves of haste, I could easily kill pyrus with a group of 6 with a range of 40levels between us all. It was easy actually (level 125-second lowest at pyrus with level 100 Druid) I got kill too ahah. Dropped it for a rogue I leveled earlier though
^This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on forums.
How is that dumb? That's the story of the alt I discontinued a couple weeks ago.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=