Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Starting a Ranger :)

Hey, I'm starting a ranger. I know there is a guide to rangers up the top of forums but I was wondering what is the best build for dual device? I'm going to be starting a ranger and my brother is starting a rogue so I wanted to know any ranger builds that would go well together with a rogue when leveling. Also I would love it if you could give me info on what items to buy level 50 for lux and level 100 and 150 :D :D :D :D

I have about 4 mill to spend on lux for both characters :)

Thanks to all who respond

AutoFire :D :twisted: 8-)
AutoFire - Mage

"The good news is, we figured out how the wand works. The bad news is, we figured out how the wand works"

Re: Starting a Ranger :)

Alright, so to start off the guide at the top is good for general things. You asked for dual devicing tips, however, in addition to lux tips. Rangers are really cool for two reasons for dual devicers: 1) they can pair easily with any other class (though for optimal dmg output it is suggested to go with a mage), and 2) If you wish, you can pretty much just plant your ranger in an area and ignore him outside of moving to fresh mobs once the old one is dead (Str build, of course).

With a warrior or rogue, the ranger heals both himself and the accompanying character.
With a druid, the ranger goes full dps and lets the druid bring bark, vines, and nature's touch to the table.
With a mage, the ranger keeps light heal in order to heal both, particularly the mage, while the mage can use energy boost to supply both characters with in-combat energy regen.

For you, since your brother is going to be playing a rogue character, you are going to need light heal. And since you are both starting from scratch...

Dex build:

1.2.0.2:
Str: 1
Dex: 2
Focus: 0
Vit: 2

Do NOT underestimate the value of vitality! Especially until you get to dragonlord armor (level 150 on up) you need to keep your vit twice your level. This is for optimum performance- remember: A dead ranger is a dead ranger. No one ever killed anyone while they were dead. Life= DPS.

You do want SOME str. You may not hit as hard as your brother, but you will be infinitely useful in the role of keeping both of your chars on their feet and fighting.

Dexterity is amazing, especially at the lower levels. Plus, the vast majority of all ranger skills is based off of dex, meaning that the more dex you have the better they will be.

Focus is a non-issue. You are not a caster, and therefore it is best for you to only have the base focus. Don't worry though, many items add energy to help you with that.

Skills:

Sharpshot (Maxed)
Light heal (Maxed)
Barbed Shot (Maxed)

If you can get it:
Longshot (Maxed)

The rest of ranger skills really aren't that great. and don't bother with bolas, it misses a lot of times and your brother is a rogue anyway, which cancels out the meaning of bolas. Camouflage is the one skill that you may find quite useful, but it is not a dmg skill, just a nice hide skill. You will most likely need some points in meditate, but DO NOT bother with worthless bandage wounds. Light heal is so much better- despite being not that great in and of itself with this update.

Lux:

Heroic ammy of rejuvenation- used to be 200k at Quigley's lux shop, it was recently taken out of lux shop but you may still be able to find 1-2 among the players of your chosen world that would be willing to sell them to you.

Other than that, Try buying an ammy that rejuvenates energy, as health is not your main concern.

Golden Gloves of Haste, for both you and your brother, is a worthy investment and will most definitely help you both.

After you hit level 50:

golden quiver of fire
perhaps the event ammy, or some other ammy that preferably has both hp and e regen.
perhaps an energy regen bracelet
Get your Warden armor and bow quests completed asap

For your brother make sure he gets a golden blade of fire.

After level 100:

Fiery quiver of beasts
Midnight Talisman
the next best e regen brace
the haste ring (it also adds 30 str)

Make sure your brother gets the Fiery axe and a haste ring
At this point you can sell your old haste gloves.

For level 150 I can have no real recommendations, as each person by then generally has their own way to walk down the path.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Re: Starting a Ranger :)

Alright, so to start off the guide at the top is good for general things. You asked for dual devicing tips, however, in addition to lux tips. Rangers are really cool for two reasons for dual devicers: 1) they can pair easily with any other class (though for optimal dmg output it is suggested to go with a mage), and 2) If you wish, you can pretty much just plant your ranger in an area and ignore him outside of moving to fresh mobs once the old one is dead (Str build, of course).

With a warrior or rogue, the ranger heals both himself and the accompanying character.
With a druid, the ranger goes full dps and lets the druid bring bark, vines, and nature's touch to the table.
With a mage, the ranger keeps light heal in order to heal both, particularly the mage, while the mage can use energy boost to supply both characters with in-combat energy regen.

For you, since your brother is going to be playing a rogue character, you are going to need light heal. And since you are both starting from scratch...

Dex build:

1.2.0.2:
Str: 1
Dex: 2
Focus: 0
Vit: 2

Do NOT underestimate the value of vitality! Especially until you get to dragonlord armor (level 150 on up) you need to keep your vit twice your level. This is for optimum performance- remember: A dead ranger is a dead ranger. No one ever killed anyone while they were dead. Life= DPS.

You do want SOME str. You may not hit as hard as your brother, but you will be infinitely useful in the role of keeping both of your chars on their feet and fighting.

Dexterity is amazing, especially at the lower levels. Plus, the vast majority of all ranger skills is based off of dex, meaning that the more dex you have the better they will be.

Focus is a non-issue. You are not a caster, and therefore it is best for you to only have the base focus. Don't worry though, many items add energy to help you with that.

Skills:

Sharpshot (Maxed)
Light heal (Maxed)
Barbed Shot (Maxed)

If you can get it:
Longshot (Maxed)

The rest of ranger skills really aren't that great. and don't bother with bolas, it misses a lot of times and your brother is a rogue anyway, which cancels out the meaning of bolas. Camouflage is the one skill that you may find quite useful, but it is not a dmg skill, just a nice hide skill. You will most likely need some points in meditate, but DO NOT bother with worthless bandage wounds. Light heal is so much better- despite being not that great in and of itself with this update.

Lux:

Heroic ammy of rejuvenation- used to be 200k at Quigley's lux shop, it was recently taken out of lux shop but you may still be able to find 1-2 among the players of your chosen world that would be willing to sell them to you.

Other than that, Try buying an ammy that rejuvenates energy, as health is not your main concern.

Golden Gloves of Haste, for both you and your brother, is a worthy investment and will most definitely help you both.

After you hit level 50:

golden quiver of fire
perhaps the event ammy, or some other ammy that preferably has both hp and e regen.
perhaps an energy regen bracelet
Get your Warden armor and bow quests completed asap

For your brother make sure he gets a golden blade of fire.

After level 100:

Fiery quiver of beasts
Midnight Talisman
the next best e regen brace
the haste ring (it also adds 30 str)

Make sure your brother gets the Fiery axe and a haste ring
At this point you can sell your old haste gloves.

For level 150 I can have no real recommendations, as each person by then generally has their own way to walk down the path.
Very great guide. I also have a ranger. My Druid would have abundance and anything else to keep my ranger alive. So he will have 5 vit. How would you build a ranger if your MAIN goal is to get mobs to half hp? (So my Druid can blow it up)

Ranger is currently lvl 50 and has all 50 lux.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D