Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Serious Question to Endgame "DEX" Rangers

anybody can play any class the way they like to. if you like support thats great :) but you shouldnt say every ranger should at least be a hybrid because it is up to the player to play the way they would like to, if you dont want to be pure dps then thats fine honestly you dont have the gear to so its probably better you are support.

your 150 sharpen weps in a dps group is only 40 more dmg per toon then a full str rangers sharpen so lets do some math.

40x the number of rogues in your group(7) = 280 damage.

after resistances your whole group is autoing 70-100 damage more. honestly thats basically nothing on raid bosses and im positive a pure str ranger with decent gear would output alot more damage then having a dex ranger in the group using a slightly better sharpen.

you also just said you cant class anybody under 220 as endgame, yet you're only 218 so using your logic you yourself are also not endgame?

i find it hard to believe you 'destroy' the strength rangers on your server with full dl, a magic damage set and the rest of the gear you mentioned. but one day when you get better gear maybe you will, wish you luck :D
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

anybody can play any class the way they like to. if you like support thats great :) but you shouldnt say every ranger should at least be a hybrid because it is up to the player to play the way they would like to, if you dont want to be pure dps then thats fine honestly you dont have the gear to so its probably better you are support.

your 150 sharpen weps in a dps group is only 40 more dmg per toon then a full str rangers sharpen so lets do some math.

40x the number of rogues in your group(7) = 280 damage.

after resistances your whole group is autoing 70-100 damage more. honestly thats basically nothing on raid bosses and im positive a pure str ranger with decent gear would output alot more damage then having a dex ranger in the group using a slightly better sharpen.

you also just said you cant class anybody under 220 as endgame, yet you're only 218 so using your logic you yourself are also not endgame?

i find it hard to believe you 'destroy' the strength rangers on your server with full dl, a magic damage set and the rest of the gear you mentioned. but one day when you get better gear maybe you will, wish you luck :D
What suggestions do you have for better way of the ranger from my gear? Its a good point about the sharpen weaps and never thought of that to be honest. I should take back about the going dex also haha, went that way and its boring as hell, so ive gone back to old stats.
I do prefer support but im open to see the potential of rangers dps. As ive leveled ive had survivability in mind mostly but now i'm at 218 and leveling a mage now the ranger is open to anything.

So what gear would you recommend to change? Im on a droid server so access to old skool lux is not happening! Edl set will eventually come, i am patient for it. I dont consider myself anywhere near endgame btw, thats something what isnt gonna happen for a long time!

Do you get kills over rogues on endgame bosses?

Have you ever managed to outdps an EDL rondel rogue with a poison set? Or even one without.
i honestly cant compete with dl rondel rogues but i do not have my dl main or offhand to try. in my clan i generally out dps most of our members excluding alot of fresh new members we got recently. ive gotten kill over an edl ranger before. but in all seriousness i love being a ranger. I like that we are cheap to level. dont require many restos, and have good dps.

Do you get kills over rogues on endgame bosses?

Have you ever managed to outdps an EDL rondel rogue with a poison set? Or even one without.
i honestly cant compete with dl rondel rogues but i do not have my dl main or offhand to try. in my clan i generally out dps most of our members excluding alot of fresh new members we got recently. ive gotten kill over an edl ranger before. but in all seriousness i love being a ranger. I like that we are cheap to level. dont require many restos, and have good dps.
How exactly is ranger levelling cheap since we use twice the lixes rogues do?
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

How isn't ranger levelling cheap...

The amount of restos I used on my rogue was about 8000-10000 to get to endgame
The amount of lixes U use on ranger is probably twice as much so it evens out. Even with light heal too, ur most likely going to be spamming restos here and there when your heal gets interrupted constantly
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

How isn't ranger levelling cheap...

The amount of restos I used on my rogue was about 8000-10000 to get to endgame
The amount of lixes U use on ranger is probably twice as much so it evens out. Even with light heal too, ur most likely going to be spamming restos here and there when your heal gets interrupted constantly
Exactly
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal