Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New ranger

Acid Burn wrote:I don't understand why u ppl claim to know the rangers class and yet u keep recommending sharpen weapons skill ???
Why would anyone want to use sharpen weapons over steady aim is a mystery to me.
So all in all steady is way better than sharpen.
Acid Burn wrote:Obviously u missed the part where I say "sharpen OVER steady"

Don't understand what you're trying to say here.

You say that it's absurd for anyone to use sharpen weapons over steady aim. Then you say that steady is "WAY" better than sharpen. Now your saying I missed a part?

Are you confusing yourself with the names of both skills? I can understand because you're from android where everyone's peaceful, doesn't like lock battles and are fairly new to the game.
Wattzon of Sulis

LeGenDzZ wrote:
Acid Burn wrote:I don't understand why u ppl claim to know the rangers class and yet u keep recommending sharpen weapons skill ???
Why would anyone want to use sharpen weapons over steady aim is a mystery to me.

You say that it's absurd for anyone to use sharpen weapons over steady aim. Then you say that steady is "WAY" better than sharpen. Now your saying I missed a part?

Now I'm gonna explain it to you couse you obviously need explaining.
I said that if a person is going to use ONE(1) of the two mentioned skills he should use steady aim couse its better - gives more Dmg and adds to attack.

LeGenDzZ wrote:Are you confusing yourself with the names of both skills? I can understand because you're from android where everyone's peaceful, doesn't like lock battles and are fairly new to the game.

Now this is actually insulting.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

Moonie wrote:
betus wrote:
Muldar wrote:Going strong with a dex build at the moment. (SharpShot, DoubleShot, BarbedShot and a heal)

You think barbed shot is wortH using??? People I speak to say that it is not so good so just wondering your thoughts on that also :?:

I use barbed shot on my 165 ranger mainly because I dont use rapid shot and dont have haste. It speeds up kills. I also use double shot and sharp shot.

Longshot is pretty much the same dmg but all in one and pins :)

LeGenDzZ wrote:

Are you confusing yourself with the names of both skills? I can understand because you're from android where everyone's peaceful, doesn't like lock battles and are fairly new to the game.

Lol was a little insulting, i love lock battles! If i could i would make another toon on another device to lock battle myself, unfortunately when you level a ranger to 218 you loose the will to level anything up again...

And use steady and sharpen! Ftw! Hey acid, we used to argue about this last year! You convince me to use sharpen and now you change your mind?! Im done with this game!

Why would anyone want to use sharpen weapons over steady aim is a mystery to me. Steady aim adds MORE Dmg than sharpen weapons and also adds to attack. Yes I know that sharpen is group buff but in all fairness ranger do not run in packs and its never easy to buff all the players in group due to small radius of the skill.

somone having preferences about skills does not make them unaware of their class. And as a ranger i like sharpen weps a lot. 120dmg off of it and the best part is i use steady too! it has a lot to do with your build str dex hybrid. in dex builds sharpen is best. in hybrid obviously both are moderate. And tbh if you are 180+ and strength based build i cant see many possibilities of skills other then sharpen and steady that are frequently used. arguing over the only two good skills rangers have is funny.
in my build i use 1500str-200dex-80vit
steady-45
sharpen-50
bolas-45
rapid-48
double-45
Ranged Lotus 194 ranger

WHITExLOTUS wrote:
Why would anyone want to use sharpen weapons over steady aim is a mystery to me. Steady aim adds MORE Dmg than sharpen weapons and also adds to attack. Yes I know that sharpen is group buff but in all fairness ranger do not run in packs and its never easy to buff all the players in group due to small radius of the skill.

somone having preferences about skills does not make them unaware of their class. And as a ranger i like sharpen weps a lot. 120dmg off of it and the best part is i use steady too! it has a lot to do with your build str dex hybrid. in dex builds sharpen is best. in hybrid obviously both are moderate. And tbh if you are 180+ and strength based build i cant see many possibilities of skills other then sharpen and steady that are frequently used. arguing over the only two good skills rangers have is funny.
in my build i use 1500str-200dex-80vit
steady-45
sharpen-50
bolas-45
rapid-48
double-45
Ranged Lotus 194 ranger

Yeeaaahh... No.
120 Dmg from sharpen? U mean that's how much it say on skill description.
Actual Dmg u will get is like 50-60.Which is basically nothing on a mob with 10k hp.
Btw steady aim is also dex based so it will always add more Dmg than sharpen. And it adds to attack.

I got bolas maxed
Steady maxed
Double maxed
Rapid maxed
And I have 10 skill points just sitting there couse there is no skill I'd put them in anyway.

P.S. : u totally missed the point of what I said - I said I do not understand why ppl choose sharpen instead of steady.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

I think unless you have a lot of points in sharpen weapons, its not that useful. When you can hit 40+ it becomes better. I use steady and sharpen both 50 and works good.

Also i though bolas was working on a 220 at 42 points? Why put 45+ in if mobs only go to 220? Just curious if theres a reason behind it

Gazz wrote:Also i though bolas was working on a 220 at 42 points? Why put 45+ in if mobs only go to 220? Just curious if theres a reason behind it

Perhaps its just for those extra special people 221+ that annoy them in arena xD
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Arawn
Ventius - some level 227 noob in badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

WHITExLOTUS wrote:What skill should I dump points into? Entangle perhaps? Or maybe sharp shot.
P.s. You missed my point, since when aren't both skills being used in a build?

Sure sure. I'd like to either put 10 points in entangle which makes it useless or cripple one of my other skills so I add another skill that won't be maxed. Real nice.
As far as using both skills.... I dont use sharpen since..... Long time.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal