Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Can you do something to help the ranger community?

@Legendz

I've had several people help me with my build and i have also tried different builds, different gear etc.

A druid can out dps classes when leveling or bossing.
- While that may be true, in the best suggested build for a ranger shouldnt a ranger (a dps class) be able to outperform a druid (support class).
- No while i didnt have haste on, the druid didnt have energy lix either. So by comparison i shouldnt have to lix to out perform someone who hasnt lixed.

-Right now im lvl 181 with 2,679 damage and 4,000+ attack. i really balance my equipment well to maximize damage and have enough attack for leveling.

The boss i got out dps'd on was a meteoric boss where 7-8k attack isnt at all neccessary.

@Napol

- Always like Napol's suggestions. Rather than rant and complain he always gives good feedback and provides solutions rather than just rambling about problems.
- Fully agree that bolas should also be DOT and yes to keep a mob bolas'd requires effort, i could deal with occasional misses, but costs a lot of energy and for how long it lasts once mob has been bolas'd is not nearly enough for our slow dps to kill a mob.

- He said it best, Very slow on kills. bolas 5 or 6 times just to kill a mob 4 star mob. while 3 ss and qs followed by a few autos kills a 4 star mob. (Maybe more in tower now).

-Rapid shot should have slower cd so its useful at lvl 1. the cooldown takes, given that we are 30% or slower than a rogue with neither class being hasted. And our skills are dex based and they don't justify using over a str build.

-Bolas should be a DOT as well, for the energy it uses, the duration, and our slow dps, and bolas being a good key point in our bossing and leveling builds. warriors have a skill that breaks armor. Mages have lures. rogues have dps. druids have 2 decent DOT's. buffs. we have bolas. That skill should be built upon.

-Doubleshot- If the skills arent fixed for rangers, and people still want to play as a str auto ranger, at least make this insta cast and change male animation to the females animation. That way we have something. as we kill things slowly in both builds, at least in str auto build we have a skill that deals good damage comparatively to autos. (double) doesnt miss, and is insta cast. I wouldn't need any other skills imo. While double shot is good for bosses cause auto miss 40% of the time, it takes just as long as 2-3 autos do anyways, and for leveling mobs, its not even worth it.

Sharpshot- Make it true insta cast if double shot is not going to be anything special. change it to a more similar animation of the females overhead sharp and doublshot animation. increase the damage so it works for both classes. i tried in hybrid build for ranger and the damage it dealt wasnt worth the energy i lossed that i needed for bolas or lightheal to keep myself alive. Energy was burned a lot cause i had gear boosting it. mordy sharpshot brace and more.

Lightheal- Insta cast? In its current state, the damage i receive and the damage that is not dealt while attempting to cast doesnt make sense. its good for healing myself out of battle or between mobs, but now bandage wounds cast faster and its vitality based, so its probably better than light heal in a ranger str build. Unless you have enough health from gear and lux and no vitality. Yes it gets interrupted too much. while yes we can heal other classes, where rogues lifesteal only heals themselves, lifesteal casts faster than light heal while not sacrificing dps (because it deals damage as well as heals). and light heal gets interrupted too much before successfully casting. Make light heal insta cast. Bandage wounds was finally fixed and while light heal was not nerfed, bandage wounds is comparable to light heal, its vitality based, casts extremely fast, yes slower cooldown. but light heal was given to the ranger to quickly heal himself or a ally in range.

Barbed shot- Yes yes yes Napol, make it poison damage, i think in its current state it does 2 ticks of damage? and the damage is low in a dex build, sad. make it poison damage or make the damage dealt heal the ranger per tick. so if its only doing 200-300 damage per tick on a mob with good armor and resistances, at least that 400-600 health goes to the ranger. that would be another neat idea that i've seen.

Longshot- Make it so it doesnt necessarily has to be a hail mary. maybe just not able to use in h2h combat.so if a mob is attacking you and you flee out of there melee range, you can use it. safe distance. keyword safe. there is a ranger when some mobs can hit you when they are bolas'd but still not in front of your face. (unsafe) few steps away. safe from melee, safe to cast longshot.

Bow attack speed- Most bows are the same weight as a rogues dagger, but yet still always much much slower. Weight determines energy. so if we have weapons that weight the exact same as our comparative class (rogue). our energy will be the same, but their dagger is 25-35% faster. and 15-20% less damage. thats almost a haste to compare. All bows speed should be drops 5-8% which would still make our weapons a lot slower than a rogues, but it would be a big help.
Last edited by Adrith on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fingal:
  • Onida - Ranger - 226
  • Doopliss - Warrior - 200

I 110% agree that rangers need a significant buff cause right now myself and most likely many other rangers are struggling to solo lix in tower without wasting many pots etc.

I believe that we should be given a few more str based skills and that our buffs sharpen weapons and steady aim should also be str based.

Occasionly i out dps rogues and i mean thats a good feeling however thats not alot of the time.

Fix rangers we all be happy.

Ummm guys.... U r sooo wrong about rapid shot. The points u put in the skill actually increase its duration. I don't know where u came up with the idea that points put in rapid shot decrease it's cool down.
In a way it's arguable for both sides. The more points u put in, the longer the duration, thus the lower amount of time u have to wait for the next rapid shot aka lower cool down.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Why not just add the option to make skills based on one of two different stats. Example, sharp shot can be set to dex based, or set to str based. Same for all the other reasonable skills like longshot, ect. Also, with the last update, i think every class got a huge buff, which is bandage wounds, not only is rangers' ability to survive not so unique anymore, but every class is now as good as a ranger with their healing skill. Add in that rouges now have two healing skills. At the very least u can let us have a choice to chose which stat based skills out skills are.

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

I think that allowing a skill to be used by either stat would create a bigger problem programming wise as opposed to just creating more skills for one stat.

I would argue that bows need to be less speed. Maybe increase damage a little more. Comparing weight to a dagger is kind of a moot point. If you look at it from a realistic standpoint, there is no way that you could shoot someone with a bow as fast as you could with a dagger, unless you're Legolas and live in Middle Earth.

I think Sharp Shot could be buffed if it also avoided X amount of armor when it was used. Kind of like an armor piercing shot.

At level 50 you can hit for up to 4500 amount of damage and avoid 175 armor.

These are completely made up numbers, but something along those lines, it would allow the skill to actually hit for closer to what the skill sheet says and make the skill more viable without dumping everything into dex or wearing skill damage gear to get it to be decent.

Light Heal should also be insta/near insta-cast. Unless you have heaps of dex/defense, you take more damage than you are healing due to interrupts.

What if sharpen weapons, which supposedly uses dex anyway, actually scaled with dex. ATM no matter what your dex is, this skill adds a fixed amount of damage. If this skill's damage increase scaled with dex enough to make it viable for rangers to load points into dex over str to improve their auto damage, it would not only make rangers, specifically dex rangers, more viable, but also highly desirable for their ability to add increased damage to a group. We may not do the best dps then, but would strongly contribute to rogues and warriors dps.

I would argue that bows need to be less speed. Maybe increase damage a little more. Comparing weight to a dagger is kind of a moot point. If you look at it from a realistic standpoint, there is no way that you could shoot someone with a bow as fast as you could with a dagger, unless you're Legolas and live in Middle Earth.
Actually there r ppl who can shoot 12 arrows in 17 sec. Which is about the CH speed cap.
Here is a video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLFqZSWjbZg
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal