Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Should i keep play as a ranger?

yeah ive heard rangers tell me they get alot of boss kills then i see mages bragging about kills and i mean i will like to attend bosses but i mean i dont want to hate rangers till end game and ranger play is kinda boring all you do is auto at endgame.
As far as mages getting kills, ofc. Depends on he boss. Like certain edls have weakness to ice, skain weak to poison so that goes to a lot of rogues. It all depends, like most aspects of the game. If standing there and auto attacking is boring to you, that's understandable. We are now venturing into an area of preference. I'm only making the argument that ranger should not be ruled out as an obsolete class compared to other dps classes. Personally, I find the ranger auto attack to be very beneficially when I dual device. Let's me concentrate on the one character more attentively.

yeah ive heard rangers tell me they get alot of boss kills then i see mages bragging about kills and i mean i will like to attend bosses but i mean i dont want to hate rangers till end game and ranger play is kinda boring all you do is auto at endgame.
As far as mages getting kills, ofc. Depends on he boss. Like certain edls have weakness to ice, skain weak to poison so that goes to a lot of rogues. It all depends, like most aspects of the game. If standing there and auto attacking is boring to you, that's understandable. We are now venturing into an area of preference. I'm only making the argument that ranger should not be ruled out as an obsolete class compared to other dps classes. Personally, I find the ranger auto attack to be very beneficially when I dual device. Let's me concentrate on the one character more attentively.
i see but i dont plan on duel devicing so i might just not go with ranger but i might
Trappin4Dayz- Lvl 30+ Ranger

I for example am not just standing there autoing. I usually stay near the tank druid and while I mainly auto I also have 1k heal and I use it all the time so the druid don't have to waste energy and time healing himself instead of the tank. And I believe it helps the whole killing group by saving restos, idols and druid energy which is needed elsewhere
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

On what bosses are you throwing a 1k heal on a druid? It is single target, you would be better off just focusing dps on the boss. A 1k heal is nothing at bosses and a druid with breathe can heal himself and others simultaneously.

Rangers are a good class, if you want to play a ranger then go ahead. Theyre great at low levels, but they get progressively worse compared to other classes until they have full dl then its uphill from there. Every class has its problems. At the end of the day just play whatever class you find fun, theyre all good in their own way
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

If you think standing around and auto attacking is boring, get bolas and camo. It's lots of fun keeping a ph bolased, moving through their mobs undetected and you can solo some pretty decent mobs without plat. Another perk I would say, from experience on my server, is there are very few Rangers. Rogues are in abundance and if you want to get drops its a long wait. Unless you are phenomenal at raid attendance or dice rolls, however it's done where you plan to play. So you can get your hands on some decent gear quickly I'd be so bold as to guess

On what bosses are you throwing a 1k heal on a druid? It is single target, you would be better off just focusing dps on the boss. A 1k heal is nothing at bosses and a druid with breathe can heal himself and others simultaneously.

Rangers are a good class, if you want to play a ranger then go ahead. Theyre great at low levels, but they get progressively worse compared to other classes until they have full dl then its uphill from there. Every class has its problems. At the end of the day just play whatever class you find fun, theyre all good in their own way
There are times like on despoiler that I'm getting hit with aoe dmg faster than my breath can heal me and I'm thankful for acid having a 1k heal.

There are also times if I'm in leveling build, I don't have breath skilled.

We also have times when I might be the only druid and some secondary heals are needed.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

If you think standing around and auto attacking is boring, get bolas and camo. It's lots of fun keeping a ph bolased, moving through their mobs undetected and you can solo some pretty decent mobs without plat. Another perk I would say, from experience on my server, is there are very few Rangers. Rogues are in abundance and if you want to get drops its a long wait. Unless you are phenomenal at raid attendance or dice rolls, however it's done where you plan to play. So you can get your hands on some decent gear quickly I'd be so bold as to guess
yeah i thought i wanted to be ranger then when i was like level 30 rogue was straight killing all mobs and even wth fully maxed longshot and sharpshot still got way less dps
Trappin4Dayz- Lvl 30+ Ranger

Theyre great at low levels, but they get progressively worse compared to other classes until they have full dl then its uphill from there.
On the other hand, if you arent comparing ranger to other classes, then stand alone rangers are awesome. They level nicely, put out great dps, and have utility that makes them useful in other ways. You wont get tons of boss kills assuming there are mages and rogues around, but that doesnt matter anyway.

If you're good, you will be wanted by clans, lvling groups, bossing groups, noobs who want plvls, noobs who want gold and want you you give them stuff that they havent earned, sexy female rangers (or dudes playing sexy female rangers), everyone will want you around!

Play a ranger. If it's your style and you enjoy it, keep playing a ranger. That's all.