Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Combos/xps

Combos used to make you feel more like a tank but with all the new armor and defense elixers it might have put combos out of business. A combo gives you all the elixers in one but each elixer is a weakened down version.
He is referring to the heroic versions that are in a combo. The combo has the 50% increase and heroics 60%. So, therefore, they are the weaker version. I suppose you are going to argue with that statement though as you have, for some reason, concluded that your absolute statement of one combo gives more xp from a lix session than an xp combined with haste. Heck, you could buy a number of heroic varieties with xp lix and it would be cheaper per lix session than buying a combo depending on the class and lixing location and mob. So, no, a combo will not always provide the best over all xp from a lix session, specially if you're going to run multiple lixing sessions.

At the end of the day sometimes for some players a combo lix is better vs a combination of elixers. Imagine if you only needed 3 different types of elixers and it cost you 5k. You're using heroic haste and an xp and a regen. Your kill speed is faster and so therefore you are killing faster. More kills means more xp. Now it costs you 15k for 3 lix sessions vs around 24k on a combo.

My point is a combo lix is not always the best choice for getting the most xp from lixing sessions
Heroic lix comes in chests. It can't be bought in the store, so it has no comparison to store items. It can't be stocked as easily or in volume, like IAP lix.

You're grabbing at straws out of desparation, and your contradicting yourself from ptrevious posts.

Oh, and your above post that a knowledge, health regen, and hero haste gives you more kills than a combo, is wrong. The travel, armor, defense, health and energy lix, combine to give you more xp then the extra 10% attack you get from using the 3 lix you mention, (unless we're basing all this on you, which has been the case from your POV).

You're grabbing at straws out of desparation, and your contradicting yourself from ptrevious posts.

Oh, and your above post that a knowledge, health regen, and hero haste gives you more kills than a combo, is wrong. The travel, armor, defense, health and energy lix, combine to give you more xp then the extra 10% attack you get from using the 3 lix you mention, (unless we're basing all this on you, which has been the case from your POV).
There's no desperation to win a forum disagreement. He/she that wins doesn't win an prize and he/she that loses doesn't lose anything.

And there isn't any contradiction.

My basis was off me and others that are in my situation. I had a friend of mine that ran 3 lix sessions with combos and 3 with xp and the amount of experience he got was right about the same. Same with a mage friend of mine but they used an xp, health regen, and mana regen. They had the same experience.

Rogue friend of mine did 2 combo sessions and then used xp, heroic haste, and mana regen on 2 sessions. They killed more quickly so they got more kills off with the heroic haste and thusly then combo sessions provided less overall xp.

But I guess you're right. And even though if someone doesn't need the armor and regen and travel from the combo, I guess they somehow will magically get more overall xp from the combos than an xp and haste lix. I guess the 4x in the combo is somehow better. Again, this is for those that don't need the armor and regen and travel that a combo offers.

Congrats. You've won this disagreement. I'll let my warrior friend that doesn't like combos know that they are wrong.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Lol. It cost more because it's a combination of elixers. And the combo lix is cheaper than buying all those other elixers seperately, not because it gives you more xp. That's two different things.

And my entire point was that there are some players that don't need all the elixers thrown into a combination elixer. There are 8 in my clan that have the 3.5 mil lux set up that because of the not needing regen and armor do not use combos and are lixing in the Bogan caves where a travel lix would he worthless. Several of them have a very high defense stat and don't use def lix. So they can buy the individual elixers cheaper (including the heroic haste) for cheaper than a combo.

For some players, a combo lix is not more beneficial to those players but will cost more money/gold for a benefit they do not need.

So why is a combo more expensive? Not because it gives you more xp but because it has a combination of elixers.

OTM should just do away with all the other elixers except combos. I mean since taking combos gives you the most xp.

I know I said I'm done but I just find it humorous that are dead set on the fact that all players regardless of their situation will always get more xp out of a combo than a non combo set up even if they aren't needed the benefits a combo lix provides.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Lol. It cost more because it's a combination of elixers. And the combo lix is cheaper than buying all those other elixers seperately, not because it gives you more xp. That's two different things.
. A combo costs more than a knowledge...cause a combo gives more xp than a knowledge lix. If knowledge lix gave more xp than combo lix, OTM would charge more for knowledge and less for combo lix, lol.

I know I said I'm done but I just find it humorous that are dead set on the fact that all players regardless of their situation will always get more xp out of a combo than a non combo set up even if they aren't needed the benefits a combo lix provides.
I guess if you can't make a valid point, then all that's left is for you to lie, and accuse me of saying things I never said. And you wonder why I previously said you were getting desperate, lols!!

Yeah, I knew you weren't done posting from the lack of intregitry you've shown in this thread, hehe! :D
/sigh

As a druid do I get more exp on combo if I'm healing a grp, than just using exp and mp lix? Nope...not at all.

If I use heroic lixes on my rogue, do I get more than just popping a combo? Depends, sometime alot more if I don't have to worry about cd between items and using restos between popping lixes.

It really is all relative to situation and class, as well as gear....both lixes give the same exp multiplier.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

. A combo costs more than a knowledge...cause a combo gives more xp than a knowledge lix. If knowledge lix gave more xp than combo lix, OTM would charge more for knowledge and less for combo lix, lol.

I guess if you can't make a valid point, then all that's left is for you to lie, and accuse me of saying things I never said. And you wonder why I previously said you were getting desperate, lols!!

Yeah, I knew you weren't done posting from the lack of intregitry you've shown in this thread, hehe! :D
I think you're trolling me at this point. A combo lix cost more because it is a combination of elixers. I can buy all the elixers seperately that are in a combo or I can save plat/gold by buying a combo lix. The only elixer that gives more xp than an xp lix is a heroic xp lix.

Again if a person does not need the armor, regen, travel, defense, hp boost, etc that a combo provides then the xp and combo will provide the same amount of experience per kill or rather the xp and haste lix as we had been comparing.

On the 2 servers I play on, I see far more players moving toward purchasing heroic lixes as they quite abundant with so many chest buyers than I see using combos.

Heh...lack if integrity from an opinion post on an anonymous forum based on a mobile game. I'm not seeing any lack of integrity from any posters in this thread. I am seeing some that refuse to believe their opinion might be incorrect.

And as I have always said, sometimes it is more beneficial to use a combo and sometimes it isn't necessary. Will you get the most xp from lixing sessions from using a combo vs xp and haste lix...sometimes yes and sometimes no. Sometimes you'll get exactly the same.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

It really is all relative to situation and class, as well as gear....both lixes give the same exp multiplier.
LMAO!! I've already stated variables e.g. gear, lux, stats, determine whether a combo or knowledge is more suitable for the individual, and stated it more than once!!!! You would have known this if you had read the thread before you posted.

"Both lixes give the same multiplier". Yes they do. Does that mean they are the same thing, lol?
You mean you'll state this which is what I have been stating snd yet you'll argue I'm wrong?

This wasn't about them being the same thing. Everybody knows combo lixes are a combination of a lot of different elixers. This whole going back and forth was that in some scenarios a combo might not provide you with more xp than just using a knowledge lix or knowledge and haste lix.

Are they different? Sure. Will a combo always provide the greatest total experience? No. Not always. Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I play a 121 ranger with a druid lvling partner. I like to grind in areas where I barely have to move and can just pick off mob after mob from one spot, and I dont like to use a ton of skills, just basically the buffs, longshot and rapid. With all that, combos have alot of features that are not useful to me, so I use sks and haste.

I hope that's useful info for you OP

Really it all depends on your situation, technically a rainbow lix and a normal xp lix give the same bonus x 4 xp, but the xp bonus doesn't decide if you get more xp its how many mobs you kill and how much xp you get from them. Lets say we are comparing rainbow to xp and haste lixes and you can get two xp and haste for one rainbow it depends how much you need those extra boosts. If you have good regen, defense, armour and you only get 1.25 x more xp on a rainbow lix than a haste and xp lixe that your not getting your bang for your buck because with two xp and haste lixes, wich in our case is equal to one rainbow your getting 2 to 1.2 xp and haste to rainbow. But it all depends on your situation maybe three xp and haste is equal to two rainbow and you get more xp from two rainbow than three xp and haste. I suggest to try both out and see which gets you your best bang for your buck and go with that. So good luck.