Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Combos/xps

I think you guys are meaning bang for your buck. You get just as much xp from an xp lix as a combo.

So for some, it will be more cost effective to use a combo or for some xp and haste.

My opinion is only for me with 5k+ hp, 800 def, almost 1k light heal, and full dl aura, and near maxed evasions along with almost 300 regen per tick.
You don't get the same xp from a knowledge vs combo elixir. They both increase your xp gains by the same amount, HOWEVER, the combo has a travel lix so you can run to the next mob 60% faster than with a knowledge. The combo increases your base health and energy, plus it regenerates health and energy. The combo gives you haste, so you attack and kill faster. The combo increases your armor and defence, so you take less damage and can go from kill to kill. All of these combine to give you faster and more kills, resulting in more xp in the same 15 minute life of an elixir.

If someone has a lot of regens, ring of swiftness for 30% travel speed increase, a Druid to heal them, armor with stat bonuses, then they probably don't need to spend the extra gold on combos.

You need to re-read the second post on this thread. The OP is asking which elixir to use, and Curry tells him a knowledge and haste lix gives MORE xp than a combo. That is a false statement. You keep saying that you get the same xp from either elixir, and that too is false. Combos cost a lot more then knowledge elixirs. If you could get the same amount of xp from either of those, no one would buy combos since they could buy twice the number of knowledge elixirs for the same amount of gold, and level twice as far.

Steef, both xp and combo give you 4x experience per kill. So you get the same amount of xp per kill...thus you get the same amount of experience from an xp or a combo.

There's very few places you would need a travel lix - Mordis pit, OW trees, and stonevale.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Steef, both xp and combo give you 4x experience per kill. So you get the same amount of xp per kill...thus you get the same amount of experience from an xp or a combo.

There's very few places you would need a travel lix - Mordis pit, OW trees, and stonevale.
Wrong. All things being equal, you kill more mobs on a combo vs knowledge elixir. That translates into more total xp from a combo.

And travel lix is only one out of eleven combined elixirs making up the combo elixir, which is the readon you get more xp from a combo as opposed to a knowledge!

Wrong. All things being equal, you kill more mobs on a combo vs knowledge elixir. That translates into more total xp from a combo.

And travel lix is only one out of eleven combined elixirs making up the combo elixir, which is the readon you get more xp from a combo as opposed to a knowledge!
I kill faster on heroic haste than the haste on a combo, so, no a combo does not translate to more xp because of faster kills. There are quite a few that I know that have the 3.5 mil event lux set and now have no need for regen, have extremely high def, and are xp and haste lixing in tight packed areas. So they don't need regen, def, or travel and their armor is sufficient. So now they take a combo and their autos are slower than on heroic haste and they don't kill as fast and get less xp for the lix session if they follow your advice.

Again, these absolute statements are only situational. Some like combos, some like rainbow lixes, some (like me) are better off with an xp and heroic haste. So, for me, and a number of others I play with, get more xp out of a lix session when not using a combo.

You're talking about an entire lix session and not an individual kill compared with a combo vs xp and heroic haste.

And what if the person is in a duo or trio or quad? If you have a warrior that can pull the aggro and the ranger never gets attacked, then all they would need is a haste and xp. There's a lot of variables to say which is better. But per kill...xp and combo give the same experience
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I kill faster on heroic haste than the haste on a combo, so, no a combo does not translate to more xp because of faster kills. There are quite a few that I know that have the 3.5 mil event lux set and now have no need for regen, have extremely high def, and are xp and haste lixing in tight packed areas. So they don't need regen, def, or travel and their armor is sufficient. So now they take a combo and their autos are slower than on heroic haste and they don't kill as fast and get less xp for the lix session if they follow your advice.

Again, these absolute statements are only situational. Some like combos, some like rainbow lixes, some (like me) are better off with an xp and heroic haste. So, for me, and a number of others I play with, get more xp out of a lix session when not using a combo.

You're talking about an entire lix session and not an individual kill compared with a combo vs xp and heroic haste.

And what if the person is in a duo or trio or quad? If you have a warrior that can pull the aggro and the ranger never gets attacked, then all they would need is a haste and xp. There's a lot of variables to say which is better. But per kill...xp and combo give the same experience
1. I've previously stated there are variables for each individual, i.e., lux, armor bonuses, groups, healer, etc, so your point about having these items is redundant and moot, not to mention that you ASSUME everyone has these things. Everyone I know and see playing the game has the 3.5 million event lux set too, (yeah right). /rolls eyes

2. Heroic haste only gives a 10% increase over haste, which is a small amount. Using a combo is still superior to using a knowledge & heroic haste, with all the other lixes combined. Hate to tell you, but this isn't about you.

3. You're not the reference for determining which lix players should use, but you keep using youself as the standard, LOL! Sorry Zyz, but players have to make that determination based on their particular gear and experience, NOT yours!

4. NO ONE KILLS JUST ONE MOB ON A LIX. YOU KILL AS MANY MOBS AS POSSIBLE UNTIL THE LIX RUNS OUT! Your claim that I'll get the same xp from a combo vs knowledge, based on getting the same amount of xp from both lix after one kill, is ridiculous. Yeah if you just kill one mob per lix, you'll get the same amount of xp from either lix, lol. Again, in a previous post I have stated the knowledge and combo give the same xp gains, so you are making redundant and moot points by saying they give the same Xp, when in fact, we know they don't.

Ok let's just say this then and maybe we can agree. Depending on lux, group or solo, class, sigils, mobs, lixing location, and every other host of possibilities, a player might be better off with a combo or they might be better off with only xp and haste only due to being able buy 2 lix sessions on the xp vs the combo.

Honestly I don't care how people spend their gold. I know a number of players that would rather lix on a rainbow of heroics instead of combos. Most of the players I know that play druids use an xp and maybe an energy regen, same with mages.

And, I never said it was about me. After all there are a number of players in the same scenario as me.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Combos used to make you feel more like a tank but with all the new armor and defense elixers it might have put combos out of business. A combo gives you all the elixers in one but each elixer is a weakened down version.
Server: Herne
Clan: ResUrgeNs
Class:.......Druid...................Ranger
Character: Superman8977.....Luminous
Level:.......212.....................215

Ok let's just say this then and maybe we can agree. Depending on lux, group or solo, class, sigils, mobs, lixing location, and every other host of possibilities, a player might be better off with a combo or they might be better off with only xp and haste only due to being able buy 2 lix sessions on the xp vs the combo.
This has already been stated by each of us so...this is a redundant post. Since no one can know all the variables at any given moment for any given player, then all things being equal, the combo gives more xp than the knowledge. No one starts with all these variables, once all the variables start to factor in, a player will be at a level where they can make a determination of which elixir to use.
And, I never said it was about me. After all there are a number of players in the same scenario as me.
Your posts reference you as the source material, stating that a heroic haste and knowledge elixir give the same xp as a combo. The above mentioned variables pertain to you, but you are at a high level in the game. However, players don't start at the "end game", they start at the beginning and work toward the end.

Combos used to make you feel more like a tank but with all the new armor and defense elixers it might have put combos out of business. A combo gives you all the elixers in one but each elixer is a weakened down version.
The elixirs in a combo are the same as individual elixirs. A travel elixir is a 60% boost alone...AND, in a combo. Health and energy regenerates at the same rate alone AND, in a combo. Haste gives a 50% attack speed increase alone AND, in a combo. The elixirs that go into a combo are not "weakened down".

The elixirs in a combo are the same as individual elixirs. A travel elixir is a 60% boost alone...AND, in a combo. Health and energy regenerates at the same rate alone AND, in a combo. Haste gives a 50% attack speed increase alone AND, in a combo. The elixirs that go into a combo are not "weakened down".
He is referring to the heroic versions that are in a combo. The combo has the 50% increase and heroics 60%. So, therefore, they are the weaker version. I suppose you are going to argue with that statement though as you have, for some reason, concluded that your absolute statement of one combo gives more xp from a lix session than an xp combined with haste. Heck, you could buy a number of heroic varieties with xp lix and it would be cheaper per lix session than buying a combo depending on the class and lixing location and mob. So, no, a combo will not always provide the best over all xp from a lix session, specially if you're going to run multiple lixing sessions.

At the end of the day sometimes for some players a combo lix is better vs a combination of elixers. Imagine if you only needed 3 different types of elixers and it cost you 5k. You're using heroic haste and an xp and a regen. Your kill speed is faster and so therefore you are killing faster. More kills means more xp. Now it costs you 15k for 3 lix sessions vs around 24k on a combo.

My point is a combo lix is not always the best choice for getting the most xp from lixing sessions
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue