Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rangers suck

Basically what you guys are
Telling me all a ranger is used for is running around and distracting a boss ok I now see what the ranger class specializes in, but why call it ranger nah you should call it the little b***** that runs around.

RANGEr its in our name we're supposed to attack from a distance and keep the enemy as far away from us as possible. But I agree our dps is next to crap
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I will say bolas saved us on snorri bone crusher or cruncher or whatever it's name is tonight when the aoe wiped out our druids twice in a row and then our tank went down.

So whatever you guys wanna negatively religate the ranger to, it saved us from losing the kill.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I had a big post but then the forum logged me out and it got deleted but ill sum it up for u. Rogues crown themselves the kings of dps all all the time. But they forget back in the ow update rangers had great dps. But as u4 came rangers were nerfed and now when rangers move on to boggan room levels the dex build they were using which worked very well for them until then failed and they have to revert to autos and it becomes their best option. In many other mmos rangers and rogues are parallel classes and are sometimes one in the same. Rangers are given group buffs to increase group dps and survivalbility. But their dps lacks greatly and they cannot match up to a warrior until full dl and can even be outdpsed by a druid before then. Rangers may seem okay in bossing situations with just casting buffs and bolasing but that is not supposed to be their main role. In fact bolasing in general can be bypassed by a tank and even by druid roots. Rangers suck at support and dps but their main aspect is supposed to be to keep a group alive and increase its dps while fighting alongside them with not quite equal dps to a rogue. But considerable enough because a rangers role is obviously dps based on the large amount of dex based dmg skills that are meant to be good and were not intented to be the unfathomable they are today. Rangers are okay in group boss situations but getting their is slow and the skills are not tuned up enough to work properly. Therefore the ranger is broken and needs to be put back into its correct position as a dex based dps class that actually works and can almost match up to a rogue. Im not asking for equal dps just a boost because we do have support skills but so do rogues. And they also work quite well to bring down an enemies defense. And dont say u have light heal because i have a friend on danu who has a lifesteal that can heal more then my light heal and I was in full dex at the time. Also yes we have steady aim and bolas but you have expose and smoke bomb and yes we have sharpen but that supports you too and doesnt even get close to evening out the ranger class. So see rogues we both have support skills so does that mean rogues were supposed to be support? No. And rangers arent supposed to either, their skills just need to be fixed to match up to that of a rogues where they truly become parallel classes just with slighly different focuses. (Both main melee dps classes) (rogues to weaken boss) (rangers to strengthen group and keep group alive).
Genisis18 - 195+ Ranger
Proud Member of Ascension
Danu

I had a big post but then the forum logged me out and it got deleted but ill sum it up for u. Rogues crown themselves the kings of dps all all the time. But they forget back in the ow update rangers had great dps. But as u4 came rangers were nerfed and now when rangers move on to boggan room levels the dex build they were using which worked very well for them until then failed and they have to revert to autos and it becomes their best option. In many other mmos rangers and rogues are parallel classes and are sometimes one in the same. Rangers are given group buffs to increase group dps and survivalbility. But their dps lacks greatly and they cannot match up to a warrior until full dl and can even be outdpsed by a druid before then. Rangers may seem okay in bossing situations with just casting buffs and bolasing but that is not supposed to be their main role. In fact bolasing in general can be bypassed by a tank and even by druid roots. Rangers suck at support and dps but their main aspect is supposed to be to keep a group alive and increase its dps while fighting alongside them with not quite equal dps to a rogue. But considerable enough because a rangers role is obviously dps based on the large amount of dex based dmg skills that are meant to be good and were not intented to be the **** they are today. Rangers are okay in group boss situations but getting their is slow and the skills are not tuned up enough to work properly. Therefore the ranger is broken and needs to be put back into its correct position as a dex based dps class that actually works and can almost match up to a rogue. Im not asking for equal dps just a boost because we do have support skills but so do rogues. And they also work quite well to bring down an enemies defense. And dont say u have light heal because i have a friend on danu who has a lifesteal that can heal more then my light heal and I was in full dex at the time. Also yes we have steady aim and bolas but you have expose and smoke bomb and yes we have sharpen but that supports you too and doesnt even get close to evening out the ranger class. So see rogues we both have support skills so does that mean rogues were supposed to be support? No. And rangers arent supposed to either, their skills just need to be fixed to match up to that of a rogues where they truly become parallel classes just with slighly different focuses. (Both main melee dps classes) (rogues to weaken boss) (rangers to strengthen group and keep group alive).
A rogue life stealed more than you? That's nice. Did he cast it on you? What? No?? Oh yeah, you can't cast that skill on anybody but yourself, making it absolutely useless for group activities. Also, don't disregard sharpen. Endgame rangers can get what? 150 damage outta that skill? 150 x 8 group members = 1200 extra damage total being added. I'm starting to think rangers don't want "balance", they want their class to be OP.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

I had a big post but then the forum logged me out and it got deleted but ill sum it up for u. Rogues crown themselves the kings of dps all all the time. But they forget back in the ow update rangers had great dps. But as u4 came rangers were nerfed and now when rangers move on to boggan room levels the dex build they were using which worked very well for them until then failed and they have to revert to autos and it becomes their best option. In many other mmos rangers and rogues are parallel classes and are sometimes one in the same. Rangers are given group buffs to increase group dps and survivalbility. But their dps lacks greatly and they cannot match up to a warrior until full dl and can even be outdpsed by a druid before then. Rangers may seem okay in bossing situations with just casting buffs and bolasing but that is not supposed to be their main role. In fact bolasing in general can be bypassed by a tank and even by druid roots. Rangers suck at support and dps but their main aspect is supposed to be to keep a group alive and increase its dps while fighting alongside them with not quite equal dps to a rogue. But considerable enough because a rangers role is obviously dps based on the large amount of dex based dmg skills that are meant to be good and were not intented to be the **** they are today. Rangers are okay in group boss situations but getting their is slow and the skills are not tuned up enough to work properly. Therefore the ranger is broken and needs to be put back into its correct position as a dex based dps class that actually works and can almost match up to a rogue. Im not asking for equal dps just a boost because we do have support skills but so do rogues. And they also work quite well to bring down an enemies defense. And dont say u have light heal because i have a friend on danu who has a lifesteal that can heal more then my light heal and I was in full dex at the time. Also yes we have steady aim and bolas but you have expose and smoke bomb and yes we have sharpen but that supports you too and doesnt even get close to evening out the ranger class. So see rogues we both have support skills so does that mean rogues were supposed to be support? No. And rangers arent supposed to either, their skills just need to be fixed to match up to that of a rogues where they truly become parallel classes just with slighly different focuses. (Both main melee dps classes) (rogues to weaken boss) (rangers to strengthen group and keep group alive).
A rogue life stealed more than you? That's nice. Did he cast it on you? What? No?? Oh yeah, you can't cast that skill on anybody but yourself, making it absolutely useless for group activities. Also, don't disregard sharpen. Endgame rangers can get what? 150 damage outta that skill? 150 x 8 group members = 1200 extra damage total being added. I'm starting to think rangers don't want "balance", they want their class to be OP.
That's what you got out of what he was saying-that he wants rangers to be op? What he's saying is rogues have skill sets that are in some ways similar to rangers and as effective as rangers plus better damage skills. I think he used bad examples but his point was still good.

I think your example if sharpen and wanting to be OP isn't effective in this sense. Sharpen as your example helps in a group setting as overall damage, not as an individual. So this would make the group op, not the ranger.

I have both a ranger and a rogue and their auto damage is about the same but my rogue has instacast damage skills that do far more damage than my ranger. I still enjoy playing both classes.

Yakat, what level is your ranger?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

That's what you got out of what he was saying-that he wants rangers to be op? What he's saying is rogues have skill sets that are in some ways similar to rangers and as effective as rangers plus better damage skills. I think he used bad examples but his point was still good.

I think your example if sharpen and wanting to be OP isn't effective in this sense. Sharpen as your example helps in a group setting as overall damage, not as an individual. So this would make the group op, not the ranger.

I have both a ranger and a rogue and their auto damage is about the same but my rogue has instacast damage skills that do far more damage than my ranger. I still enjoy playing both classes.

Yakat, what level is your ranger?
Its quite nooby. I think its around 60ish? Idk, I don't get my knowledge based on playing the class. I can see the numbers myself. Sure, I don't know the so called "struggle" of leveling on boggans in a cramped room(oh wait, every class does that) but I see rangers on raids, in leveling groups, and on smaller bosses. I see the damage they dish out. I see the skills they cast on me and the group. I see their name on the kill from time to time as well! Wanna know what else I see? I see them do it all at a distance.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter