Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: I have a revolutionary Idea!

I honestly think that us rangers should get a dps boost up to one similar to rogues if nothing else. Yes, we have their role and in ch it is a more supporting one. But from there, I feel like our skills don't really outline what we are supposed to be like. We have a bunch of helpful skills, but there is really no way to combine them into something halfway decent along with doing decent dps. We either are super supporting with minimal dps or have ok dps and minimal support. I feel like if I ranger decides to sacrifice a majority of his support skills in order to do more damage, that should be respected and we should get a boost to our auto damage overall. However, that is the least that should be done. Instead, we should be able to do decent dps and be able to support some as well, and that really isn't possible right now. Rangers are supposed to be resourceful and smart, yet there longbows can still inflict major damage. That is what they generally and usually are. Right now:

The Ranger is either a supportive, resourceful, tactician with a small hunting bow,
or
The Ranger has a longbow without the right size arrows, severely limiting the damage that he/she can inflict.

Right, so we have our play (ch) but we are missing one of the five leads, the ranger...

And you can't have a show when you are missing a character.

Except if your ch. :roll:
Well, if you look at warriors, they can go full strength all damage skills and have the worst damage. Hybrid builds with tank skills? There's no such thing as good dps :lol:. Mages can't go support and dps either. Rogues can't go support and have best dps. Druids can still heal with good dps. So yeah, rangers can't really have all support skills and have good dps but they aren't exactly special.
I never said anything about having good dps and good support skills as well. We just need a middle ground where we have some support and do decent dps as well. Right now that's not possible really. You can only have one or the other. That's why I agree with SamySamSamBoss2000 that we should have our dps boosted a lot when we sacrifice basically all of our skills to do dps:
We don't want rangers to be able to have good support and great dps, we want the option to have dps. (period) So a full dps ranger, to have a little less dps then a full dps rogue. Rogues when they go support still have good dps. A support rogue will have, something like, poison weap, expose weakness, smoke bomb, SS and quick strike plus a dex build. When rangers go support they have what, sharpen weaps, Light heal, bolas? Steady aim, Sharpshot? they can heal, increase dps by a little, kite and do crap dmg. Even our supporte skills aren't that good (we can heal) When we go str we have Steady aim, sharpen weaps, double shot, long shot, light heal? Still not very good dps, just auto's. Mages can definitively support and dps. Fire mage can have lure of assassin, Lure of fire, attune, firebolt and fire storm. Of course its not tons of support, but dps druids will only have one or two heals, so same thing. Warriors, well I dont play warrior, too boring, but you got shatter, double, giant swing, frenzy, sweeping blow and other tank skills. (Maybe they're dps could be increased a little, but definitively should still be at the bottom.
Orian lvl 143 Pinsticker Elite, Marath Damane
Frey lvl 49 Noobcake Elite

To go down one path means to forsake the other. If rogues kept their current skills and rangers lost bolas entangle light heal spike and made sharpen weapons only castable on yourself or a single person it would make sense for them to match rogue dps even with the benefit of ranged combat if rogues retained lifesteal. If a class wants dps it must sacrifice something else. If a class wants something else it must sacrifice dps.
Reflex, lifesteal, high dex, ss, qs = great dps AND survivability, dat trade off right?

There are full vit rogues who still do good dmg because of their strong melees and skill dmg who wreck pvp, idk how someone can be so blind to obvious class inbalance, you are in denial, period.
Rangers can stand out of AoE and be considered invincible on endgame bosses. A bolased mob does 0 damage if it can't reach you. Also, a rogue with high Dex using the skills you mentioned will not ever get an endgame kill. Life steal helps survive but is not castable on other players like light heal. Survivability isn't a class role if that's what you're getting at. Rogues can't kite mobs. They can't heal others. They can't stay out of AoE. Also, what you said about rogues in PvP is true and I believe rangers need a buff in PvP as well but I think most people care about balancing out PvE.
OMG. I DIDNT KNOW THAT.............JUST THAT THERE IS 1 AOE IN FRONT, BUT 5+ MOBS AT THE BACK. ROGUES CANT HEAL OTHERS? THEY DONT HAVE TO. THE DRUID DOES THAT.

I would rather be hit by the boss a couple times than get ambushed by a bunch of mobs while I am supposed to be bossing.

Because of that I am normally as close to the boss as possible, or at least right next to the druids (who sometimes take AoEs now too). I get relegated to protect our support people and I am treated like support even if all my skills are dps except light heal. Every boss I go to I get told 'don't forget to cast bolas!'. I very rarely bother to incorporate bolas into my build. Atm I have a build like that, purely so I can solo some mini (and I mean MINI 1-3*) frozen boss placeholders, to help me complete my armor set. I am stuck with barely doing jack and having to run this way and that way and HEAVEN HELP ME if bolas misses or is interrupted or I have to heal when I need to bolas.

So saying that we have an advantage when there are barely any people trying to boss correctly for 60-70% of the game (until endgame) with no tanks, few full-support druids and a bunch of hybrid or pure dps people most of whom love to ignore health like its not even worth anything...

I would be glad to never put bolas in my build again. I have never used entangled. Sharpen weapons would do us a favor if it could only be casted on 1 person at a time. Defensive spikes isn't worth jack unless you have a maxed assassins' lure. Light heal is our ONE decent (support) skill at this point, and even it has been nerfed. Try casting it while your under attack. If you don't get it interrupted 3-6 times before it succeeds you should be thanking your lucky stars.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Please god do not make sharp shot str based.

Last thing i want is my only dex build to get replaced by auto crazy str rangers who want to cast an "extra " skill why they sit in one spot, heroic hasted.

If str ranger want a sharpshot equivalent be my guest.

Another thing or two to add to fix list:
1. Reduce energy cost of explosive arrow
2. Make actual gear that even attempts to have stats/skills that help any dex rangers who stil exist
Im so sick of seeing new 200 lux dex necklace that gives me ANOTHER DAMAGE SHIELD I DONT USE.
Seriously........who created this stuff. Or make the stats more customizable, like ability to replace say hp with energy on lux items or other equivalent stats. So sick of having absolutely no choices as dex ranger with the last 2 event lux gear (as this is only gear with regen.

194 Ranger since version 1.00000000 (catacombs was highest zone)

Last thing i want is my only dex build to get replaced by auto crazy str rangers who want to cast an "extra " skill why they sit in one spot, heroic hasted.

2. Make actual gear that even attempts to have stats/skills that help any dex rangers who stil exist
Im so sick of seeing new 200 lux dex necklace that gives me ANOTHER DAMAGE SHIELD I DONT USE.
Seriously........who created this stuff. Or make the stats more customizable, like ability to replace say hp with energy on lux items or other equivalent stats. So sick of having absolutely no choices as dex ranger with the last 2 event lux gear (as this is only gear with regen.

Ur one in a 100 rangers prolly who is dex at endgame
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Ur one in a 100 rangers prolly who is dex at endgame
It doesn't matter if he is the only one. In fact, its almost all the more reason that sharp and the dex build should be fixed altogether. If the strength ranger is better, otm should majorly fix the dex build and buff the strength a little to make them relatively even. Idk about you, but I would love to be able to be either a dex ranger or a strength one depending one how I want to play instead of just a stronger strength ranger.
Orian lvl 143 Pinsticker Elite, Marath Damane
Frey lvl 49 Noobcake Elite

If it was made insta cast i wouldnt mind it scaling with dex, both builds benefit
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Imo as sharp shot is quite weak (even qs becomes stronger than melee), then make it str based and instant (or dmg boost and instant, both ways work).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex