Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Injustice to rangers

Rogues were always meant to be a dps lower than rangers. They are the trickster class who kill their enemy without losing much hp while rangers are the superior dps class(to rogues) that kill their enemy fast from a distant. This is the class roles in nearly all mmo's, however it is not what happens in ch.
I googled "League of Legends Range" and found this wiki page: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Range

The champions with the farthest attack ranges are Caitlyn and Tristana. I clicked on these champions' wiki pages and found that both champions were in the marksman class. Each of these ranged champions has an auto attack damage of 50-101 and attack speeds of 0.625-0.656 (auto attacks per second).

Next I googled "League of Legends melee champion" and found this wiki page: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/C ... e_champion
Range: All Melee champions start with a Basic Attack range of 125, 150, or 175. Using abilities, however, some can increase their range beyond those numbers. Some change to Ranged (such as Jayce and Kayle) while others stay Melee (such as Aatrox and Nasus).
Looking up Aatrox and Nasus, I found that both were melee fighter-tanks. They had auto attack damages of 60-115 and attack speeds of 0.638-0.651 (auto attacks per second).
  • Ranged 50-101 damage
  • Melee 60-115 damage
  • Roughly the same attack speeds

The auto isn't the only thing btw. It's the skills as well. I guarantee u that the end result of spamming skills on those classes will show that the ranged class had more dps
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

The auto isn't the only thing btw. It's the skills as well. I guarantee u that the end result of spamming skills on those classes will show that the ranged class had more dps
Its about give and take. Why should you be able to stand out of AoE and outdps or match dps of melee?
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

Rogues were always meant to be a dps lower than rangers. They are the trickster class who kill their enemy without losing much hp while rangers are the superior dps class(to rogues) that kill their enemy fast from a distant. This is the class roles in nearly all mmo's, however it is not what happens in ch.
You have proof to back this up? Mmos do not have any set "standards" they have to follow, otm could make rogues ranged with throwing knives if they wanted.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

To op i noticed that you used base pierce dmg as the setting for the math, however pierce dmg is added to normal dmg based off how much str you have, so if you have a rogue and ranger with equal str and dl main and off the rangers melees are going to be greater then simply 45 dmg vs the rogues.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact of where the ranger is standing. There was mention that rangers get to stand out of ae and shoot but with this adds flight time to our arrows. Arrows do not do dmg as soon as u flick the bow, the arrow has to fly. Which adds time into those shots unless standing ontop of boss which would negate ur standing out of range debate.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue