Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Injustice to rangers

I hate it when people say rogues are supposed to have the most dmg... If you think so you have obviously not played a lot of mmos. Most mmos the top dps are elementals. Elementals in celtic heroes as we know it (mostly because of no subclasses ) are called mages. Rogues in most games have fast autos , sneaky, have a speed boost, and has decent skills.
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

There is a big issue with ur calculations in this case because ur talking about damage over time were a rogue should beat out everyone. U calculate the difference in damage over the course of a large amount of hits and that is the flaw here. Rogues are meant to hit low but beat out other classes as the time increases the issue in ch is they have huge burst damage and there is an abundant amount of elemental gear. U also compare the off hands again forgetting some pretty big issues the first is the restriction on dot making most rondel a useless rangers are one of two classes that dont get negatively impacted by more of their class being present.

This doesnt mean im suggesting rangers dont need a buff in fact i have always said rogues are hitting to hard to me and in most mmorpg games this is how it is and should be:

Warriors slow but have the highest damage per hit.
Rogues the complete opposite fast but low damage over time beating others.
Rangers the mix between faster then warriors but slower then rogues damage in between also.

Crim makes an exactly point in the fact the line between the true dps class is blurred by history because each update seemed to have a different class dominating. U2 warriors dominated because physical damage was the only real damage type and warriors had the best weapons available and most weapons were closer in terms of speed. Also nobody used haste elixs back then to skew the results so warriors dominated. In u3 it was between rangers and mages for the most part mages were the top class but with the right build rangers competed fairly well.

OTM has said several times rogues were suppose to be the dps class due to balancing issues with loot and class balancing in the past they didnt really shine as they were meant to.

I still strongly believe this game needs balancing issues when a rogue can hit harder then a warrior with a dagger equal gear there is an issue imo.

But you can have a 48 second rapid lol :P
I have maxed rapid and have had it for a while, it only last 32 secs maxed
Serethem Lvl: 210 Class: ranger
World:Herne Clan: Infection (full edl armor and bow thank you clan!)

Armageddon01 Lvl: 105 Class: Mage
World:Rosmerta Clan:

Guessing you haven't used a godly Necro rapid shot brace? Slows reload by 30%, taking about 18 seconds off the reload... So no it doesn't technically last 48 seconds, but u can have rapid shot applied to a character for 80% of time, always... So just take 20% out of 60 seconds, leaves you with 12 secs...... Was supposed to be a half-joke lol...

Guessing you haven't used a godly Necro rapid shot brace? Slows reload by 30%, taking about 18 seconds off the reload... So no it doesn't technically last 48 seconds, but u can have rapid shot applied to a character for 80% of time, always... So just take 20% out of 60 seconds, leaves you with 12 secs...... Was supposed to be a half-joke lol...
Or you could be heroic hasted 100% of the time on bosses lol. Id take a hrung dmg brace over a godly necro rapid shot brace...
RunAndSteal~ 220 Ranger~ Mabon
StabAndSteal~ 170 Rogue ~ Mabon

By 100% of the time I meant just on Mord, Hrung, and Necro. In terms of dmg effeciency, I'd prefer having a 60% atk speed increase for a full 15 min instead of having a 50% atk speed increase every 30 seconds or so. Another downside of using the necro brace is that it lacks any actual combat stats.
RunAndSteal~ 220 Ranger~ Mabon
StabAndSteal~ 170 Rogue ~ Mabon

The op doesn't wanna mention haste elixirs at all, I can understand. But a NORMAL player has a lux 30% haste ring or a reaper ring. 30% off of the 2850 speed of the dl bow takes off way more speed than 30% off a rogues dagger with a speed of 1850. Dagger ends up with 1295 and bow ends up with 1995. The LCM is 73815. Every 57 rogue hits, there's 37 ranger hits. Using your logic of multiplying by the dmg, rogues do 6270 dmg while the ranger does 5735. This is not that much difference and the rogues speed does cap soon after.

With heroic haste on both (most normal situation)

Rogues get stuck at 1100 speed. Rangers have 1140 speed. LCM is 62700. Rogues hit 57 times whilist Rangers hit 55 times. Rogues do 6270 damage compared to the Rangers damage of 8525 during the same time.

Rangers are the dominant class when it comes to autodamage, no doubt. The quivers skill is stackable with other Rangers wheras the rogues fight for whos is up at what time :roll:

The difference for rogues is skills, and nothing else. There's Rangers in my clan that, given they stick on the boss the whole time and not kill any adds, will get the boss kill over a rogue if they really tried. But that doesn't happen Cuz my clans Rangers are awesome and aren't selfish like us rogues :roll:

All this argument about Rangers been fine is bs imho.
This is auto damage, rogues have skill damage on top of this with skills that don't interupt autos, Rangers don't. The damage skills Rangers have is a joke.

All you guys hating on Rangers needing a buff should try playing a ranger. I have mid level ranger and rogue around the same level and I can tell you the speed of kills is so much faster it's untrue and with a rogues evade skill and life steal rogues are almost as good at survival.
World : Hern
Clan. : BlazingFrost

Worrior : 188 Bichslap
Ranger. : 129 Winterstorm
Druid. : 125 Bwana
Rogue. : 129 gouch

Play an endgame ranger and rogue at Hrungnir or Necro. Rangers get to avoid AoE at both and use so little pots compared to rogues. Hrungnir requires rogues to time and run or use pots to not die by aoe. Almost impossible to time when most of the kills happen due to business Irl and not a 100% focus to the game...

Also rogues have no way of keeping up with energy regen for our skills. When each skills is 150+ energy with such a quick cooldown, energy elixers with a 3500 pool can't even keep up on the regen. Rangers don't have that problem as bad...

Rogues are the easiest class to lvl and do the most dps, but in the long run are the most expensive. Rangers even have a skill to replace haste and are the cheapest class over time...