Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Peirce,slash and crush bracelets

In order to get full damage of one of these bracelets ou wanna have stregth at 300 no higher or u wont get full affect with you have gold bloodlust or any other my suggestion is to put your stregth at 300
How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

each point of str u add multiples the damage bonus received by either of these elements. once u hit 300 points u reach the diminishing point wich means the bonus damage u receive from the elements is drastically reduced, the same way your damage per str point is reduced. (90% sure that's the correct conclusion to his statement)

bear in mind certain elements multiply your damage more than others. pierce is the strongest as far as ik
Filli-Ranger 185+
Fishgutz101-Rogue 130+
Killi-Mage 100+

Would You Like Fries With That?

300 str doesnt mean full affect, 300 is the plateau where it'll go down and become less and less effective, but 800 str for example would add much more than 300 str.

also i wouldnt suggest those bracelets anyway, from gear i always prefer elemental dmg (except main hand ofc)
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I asked for the reasoning behind the 300 plateau because mathematically there is no strength plateau (asymptote). Granted, there are diminishing returns on damage as strength increases so I was assuming the plateau everyone talks about is simply a practical limit on strength based on gaming experience. At some point the diminishing returns on points in strength make putting points in other areas more beneficial. I just wanted to see if I was interpreting the idea of a strength plateau correctly.

Marco posted a graph using Papi’s formula if you want to see the effects of strength on each point of melee damage (pierce, slash, crush):
http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki/p ... r.Strength

I played around with the formula and found that the damage gain per point of strength is approximately halved when you increase strength from 5 to 25. It is halved again when increasing from 25 to 100. This means that there is a dramatic reduction in damage per point of strength that occurs when strength is fairly very low.

As Criminal correctly pointed out, adding more strength past 300 doesn’t mean you won’t get more damage in absolute terms. As I understand it, people mean 300 strength is a break point where you are better off putting points in other areas rather than more strength (not a true plateau). Correct?

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan