Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rapid shot is garbage

The only way this skill is useful is to keep it at level one, which even then it only gives you about 5 hasted attacks. After you factor this out then you only gain 2 attacks by using this skill.
I didn't even mention the fact that if you have golden gloves of haste, then this skill is almost completely useless.
When I have this skill at 43 it lasts 29 seconds, but it costs 300 energy.
Currently, when I cast this skill I end up with only 200 energy left, which means I can use one bolas and a light heal.
I know I can't be the only one that feels like this skill sucks, so I ask anyone that has opinions would leave a comment.
I'm gonna make a thread in general discussion about this, but first, I would like some suggestions on how to make this skill a little better.

Edit: I shoulda done this a long time ago, but rapidshot isn't useless.

I was just kinda butthurt to find that my aggy ring wasn't super useful :lol:

Feel free to keep the discussion about rapidshot going.
Last edited by Awen on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Awen1: 220, Ranger
BladeZ: 220, Rogue
Dmg: 200, Mage
Server: Morrigan
Avalon

Re: Rapid shot is garbage

No wonder you feel its garbage if you only have one skill point put into it. As a spear based ranger this is my ONLY dps skill. I have it maxed out, sometimes I even use some skill rings to boost it up more. I also use heroic haste gloves. I burn through the mobs when rapid is on. The bad thing about rapid shot is its cool down takes forever, but if your dps is good you only need to cast it once or twice per mob so no biggy.
Stinkypants of Taranis
The fallen star clan, www.thefallenstarclan.blogspot.com

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

As a lower level I had 12 points in it and it lasted 12 sec and after putting in another point I only get 13 sec.

What a waste of points.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

I have mine at lvl 22 per lostgirl's suggestion. It allows me to bolas, rapid, and rapid ends when mob gets close, so run, rebolas, rerapid. Etc. when rapid was at lvl 25 i was wasting a shot or so because i had to run before it was over or take dmg.

Lvl 117 ranger on lugh

I think part of the reason that Rapid works so well for me is that I'm not running around trying to bola everything. I stand toe to toe with a mob and dont waste any time that rapid is up and actually working. When using a bow you use bolas, fire off skills until the mob gets close, bola again, run away, repeat. When using a spear you just dps, none of this cat and mouse stuff. I get the full effect and length of the Rapid skill.
Stinkypants of Taranis

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

No wonder you feel its garbage if you only have one skill point put into it. As a spear based ranger this is my ONLY dps skill. I have it maxed out, sometimes I even use some skill rings to boost it up more. I also use heroic haste gloves. I burn through the mobs when rapid is on. The bad thing about rapid shot is its cool down takes forever, but if your dps is good you only need to cast it once or twice per mob so no biggy.
Did you even read my original post? I said I have it high enough to where it lasts 29 seconds. I'm curious what level you are because I found it nearly impossible to level efficiently after lvl 125 without bolas.
Awen1: 220, Ranger
BladeZ: 220, Rogue
Dmg: 200, Mage
Server: Morrigan
Avalon

Right now my ranger is 117. Sometimes when alot of people are using elixers and there isnt alot of trees to level on, I will go into the golems and level up on those and those are in the 125 range so I'm not having too much trouble. But who knows, once I get into some higher level mobs things could change.
Stinkypants of Taranis

I still use it mine is at 25(28) but takes up over 130energy and if im bolasing a mob it will get to me so ill have to bolas again and I would have wasted about 6secs out of about 22secs and the cooldown is huge but I still use it because it can help win ffas and it im group lvling.
World Rhiannon
Falconx,Ranger,116,RaptureEve

I like rapid at level 1 , i find it useful and efficient .

When using spear I like to add as many points in rings as possible but let's all be honest it's the same unfathomable no matter what level rapid is at.The higher the rapid the longer the recast timer and the energy consumption is greater.It all comes down to how often you are willing to press the button to recast it.
Eliminater
Clan Avalon
http://avalon.guildlaunch.com/
Morrigan

ABOLISH TARGET LOCK