Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Barbed Shot

For "spear" rangers (I prefer my trident which is quite quicker than diamond) we have limited available skills, correct? Rapid Shot is theoretically the only one because why would you use bolas with a melee weapon? Defensive Spikes has potential but isn't ready yet, entangle is really only good with bosses like redbane but horrible with bosses like shivercowl. Why can't barbed shot be used with a spear but like a rogue's rend which they can use with knuckleblade and daggers (not sure about spears)? Please post your opinion's experienced RANGERS :idea:
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-

Arawn
Rranger52 200+

Re: Barbed Shot

I totally agree. I see no reason why rangers are not allowed to utilize all of their skills while using a spear. Barbed, sharp, steady... If a warrior picks up a sword, hammer, axe, or spear and can use their skills, why not everyone else?
Stinkypants of Taranis
The fallen star clan, www.thefallenstarclan.blogspot.com

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

The reason I use a spear as a ranger is because the real life celtic hunters used spears, not bows. A ranger is so different from a warrior in terms of armour, skills, folklore, etc.. Alot of other MMO games allow their rangers to use spears as well in keeping with the historical context. Think of some famous rangers in fantasy such as RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'urden, or even Strider from the Lord of the rings, they didnt favor bows. Rangers are protectors of the woods and its animals, friends of the fey folk, they are dextrous and can conceal themselves in the forest, they lay traps, etc.. A warrior is all about strength, heavy armour, a meat shield, all things that a ranger is not.
Stinkypants of Taranis
The fallen star clan, www.thefallenstarclan.blogspot.com

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

Why wouldn't you just be a warrior if you wanted to use a spear?

In my eyes a ranger was meant to be a ranged class...

Just my 2c

I chose to be a ranger because i liked the idea of ranged class that can also do decent dps with a spear. Also I have come to think of rangers not as an individual class, but as if OTM combined the other classes into one but second in every aspect. Examples: Rangers Light Heal- Close To A Druids Nature Touch, Bandage Wounds Can't Compare, 2. Dps- A rogue is main dps class and rangers are second (dex over strength build, not comparing to a full dps warrior) 3. Ranged like mages (Not to much different or alike with mages) 4. Tanking- Can take damage and keep aggro if suited right like a tank, but second to the original warrior tank (This I mostly notice from Deathbanks, a ranger on my world who surprises me constantly)
Anymore Examples or correct me if my observations are wrong :?:
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-

Arawn
Rranger52 200+

Strider used a sword, not a spear. An this isn't lotr anyway. I think all classes should be able to use any weapons/armor they want, but they will obviously get bonuses for using items geared toward their class.

If you want to be a Mage who uses a battle axe, be my guest, just don't complain when you can't cast magic missile while swinging it.