Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Is this game character copyrighted?

I have read the terms of service but i don't really understand.
I hope that one day, I will be able to ascend to "Heaven".
Where I play guitar and violin along with sipping a tea.
In a beautiful and breathtaking place and to converse in many languages.
That is my dream. That is my "Heaven"

Re: Is this game character copyrighted?

Probably. I know I had some issues with the name

CokeBeatsPepsiYouRottenHeathenBastards

And also:

PizzaHutIsDeliciousButDominosTastesLikeCrackersAndVomit

Best of luck to you!
I dont mean name or username, i mean an actual character in the game. like mordris, hunter fashion, gelebron weapon design.

Well if you intend to make self profit then I don't think that would be a good idea (as in making 3d solid figures or placing the design on props and selling them) but as far as content I don't think there's any problem there as it's kind of like a promotion.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

You should be fine as long as you aren't making any money from it, and you are making it obvious that it's not your work, but that of Virtual Realms.

If you were to give an example of what you were thinking of using it for, I'm sure someone could give you a better idea of how to properly use it, perhaps even a member of VR. As it stands now, you aren't really giving any info about how or why or what you plan to do with said content, so nothing we say can be taken as an absolute.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

You should be fine as long as you aren't making any money from it, and you are making it obvious that it's not your work, but that of Virtual Realms.

If you were to give an example of what you were thinking of using it for, I'm sure someone could give you a better idea of how to properly use it, perhaps even a member of VR. As it stands now, you aren't really giving any info about how or why or what you plan to do with said content, so nothing we say can be taken as an absolute.
Drawing Manga, Drawing, Mod other games like skyrim, Create skins in minecraft, Cosplay. etc

This isn’t a “legal” answer more personal opinion but generally speaking if you’re creating something using the IP for a hobby and not making money from it or distributing it then it should be fine.

So doing some art and displaying it on art station or deviatart is no problem, 3D printing figures or making a mod for another game then distributing them would potentially be a problem.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

This isn’t a “legal” answer more personal opinion but generally speaking if you’re creating something using the IP for a hobby and not making money from it or distributing it then it should be fine.

So doing some art and displaying it on art station or deviatart is no problem, 3D printing figures or making a mod for another game then distributing them would potentially be a problem.
Another question. if for example mordris. If i were to create a character with that base. and changes the design like if mordris is a red dragon, then the new dragon is white and has different scales and horns. Will that still be copyrighted?

For as far as I know copyright only works if the design or game content is copied. But it does not covers if the work is base on that design. Please specify.

Another question. if for example mordris. If i were to create a character with that base. and changes the design like if mordris is a red dragon, then the new dragon is white and has different scales and horns. Will that still be copyrighted?

For as far as I know copyright only works if the design or game content is copied. But it does not covers if the work is base on that design. Please specify.
If there's visible modifications then there should be no issue, take China for example as they do it on many of their products.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

If there's visible modifications then there should be no issue, take China for example as they do it on many of their products.
China copy other countries products and brands and that isn't a problem, but if they copy other brands in china then they will be sued or punish. China is communism.