Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Politics in Celtic

#11
KingOfNuada wrote:
Chaotic wrote:I find it quite ironic that in all the world about 90% is capitalist, of that 90% most of Europe, Oceania, SEA are all social democracies. But overall capitalism is the overarching theme of the world.
However, in most games I've played most people use a more Marxist ideology to distribute loot. Recognising the faults of capitalism as unfair while theoretically 'anyone can make it' the way to make it is paved by a combination of hard work and predominantly luck. But most worlds use the DKP system which is a meritocracy; essentially a radical outlet of socialist governance. The only real capitalist world would be Epona where you can buy your way to the top.

Then there are clans like Elementals with an oligarchal/communist approach to loot distribution with no 'economy' whether its DKP or gold. Like a form of Kibbutz. Purely based on what the ones in charge decide, this system can both be corrupt or fair, subjective to the people in charge.

It is quite comical at least to me that while 90% of the world is capitalist 90%+ of the game is Marxist leaning.

Yet the server that is capitalist is the best going server. Capitalism is and always will be the best system

Epona thrives because everyone works together in harmony but on other servers there is usually a competition that splits the power a server would hold if it worked as a whole. It just so happens it works as a capitalist way
~~Belenus~~

NaturesFrost 150+ dps druid

Re: Politics in Celtic

#12
KingOfNuada wrote:
Chaotic wrote:I find it quite ironic that in all the world about 90% is capitalist, of that 90% most of Europe, Oceania, SEA are all social democracies. But overall capitalism is the overarching theme of the world.
However, in most games I've played most people use a more Marxist ideology to distribute loot. Recognising the faults of capitalism as unfair while theoretically 'anyone can make it' the way to make it is paved by a combination of hard work and predominantly luck. But most worlds use the DKP system which is a meritocracy; essentially a radical outlet of socialist governance. The only real capitalist world would be Epona where you can buy your way to the top.

Then there are clans like Elementals with an oligarchal/communist approach to loot distribution with no 'economy' whether its DKP or gold. Like a form of Kibbutz. Purely based on what the ones in charge decide, this system can both be corrupt or fair, subjective to the people in charge.

It is quite comical at least to me that while 90% of the world is capitalist 90%+ of the game is Marxist leaning.

Yet the server that is capitalist is the best going server. Capitalism is and always will be the best system


The thread was analogous to real life societies until claiming that a social structure in RL is the best system.

So let’s keep real politics and political opinions out of this, because I’m sure you’d find many disaffected people who disagree with your statement. And I’d say it can come of as incendiary.

I also don’t see how everyone being included on equal footing for equal effort being capitalistic. Inclusiveness is not a trait of capitalism, but socialism.

The fact is that people will come to bosses and put in a varying degree of effort to kill that boss, but will have equal chance to loot. The entire premise of this thread is backwards.
General of Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
The Bazaar - Trader
Is your server stale, grid-locked by inactivity? Looking for a family of mature endgame players who respect eachother and compete together? Find us on Gwydion!

Re: Politics in Celtic

#13
Lucerin wrote:
KingOfNuada wrote:
Chaotic wrote:I find it quite ironic that in all the world about 90% is capitalist, of that 90% most of Europe, Oceania, SEA are all social democracies. But overall capitalism is the overarching theme of the world.
However, in most games I've played most people use a more Marxist ideology to distribute loot. Recognising the faults of capitalism as unfair while theoretically 'anyone can make it' the way to make it is paved by a combination of hard work and predominantly luck. But most worlds use the DKP system which is a meritocracy; essentially a radical outlet of socialist governance. The only real capitalist world would be Epona where you can buy your way to the top.

Then there are clans like Elementals with an oligarchal/communist approach to loot distribution with no 'economy' whether its DKP or gold. Like a form of Kibbutz. Purely based on what the ones in charge decide, this system can both be corrupt or fair, subjective to the people in charge.

It is quite comical at least to me that while 90% of the world is capitalist 90%+ of the game is Marxist leaning.

Yet the server that is capitalist is the best going server. Capitalism is and always will be the best system


The thread was analogous to real life societies until claiming that a social structure in RL is the best system.

So let’s keep real politics and political opinions out of this, because I’m sure you’d find many disaffected people who disagree with your statement. And I’d say it can come of as incendiary.

I also don’t see how everyone being included on equal footing for equal effort being capitalistic. Inclusiveness is not a trait of capitalism, but socialism.

The fact is that people will come to bosses and put in a varying degree of effort to kill that boss, but will have equal chance to loot. The entire premise of this thread is backwards.

Gotta +1 to the end of that tbh. I was also thinking about that

Re: Politics in Celtic

#14
Lucerin wrote:
KingOfNuada wrote:
Chaotic wrote:I find it quite ironic that in all the world about 90% is capitalist, of that 90% most of Europe, Oceania, SEA are all social democracies. But overall capitalism is the overarching theme of the world.
However, in most games I've played most people use a more Marxist ideology to distribute loot. Recognising the faults of capitalism as unfair while theoretically 'anyone can make it' the way to make it is paved by a combination of hard work and predominantly luck. But most worlds use the DKP system which is a meritocracy; essentially a radical outlet of socialist governance. The only real capitalist world would be Epona where you can buy your way to the top.

Then there are clans like Elementals with an oligarchal/communist approach to loot distribution with no 'economy' whether its DKP or gold. Like a form of Kibbutz. Purely based on what the ones in charge decide, this system can both be corrupt or fair, subjective to the people in charge.

It is quite comical at least to me that while 90% of the world is capitalist 90%+ of the game is Marxist leaning.

Yet the server that is capitalist is the best going server. Capitalism is and always will be the best system


The thread was analogous to real life societies until claiming that a social structure in RL is the best system.

So let’s keep real politics and political opinions out of this, because I’m sure you’d find many disaffected people who disagree with your statement. And I’d say it can come of as incendiary.

I also don’t see how everyone being included on equal footing for equal effort being capitalistic. Inclusiveness is not a trait of capitalism, but socialism.

The fact is that people will come to bosses and put in a varying degree of effort to kill that boss, but will have equal chance to loot. The entire premise of this thread is backwards.


Did you say dont bring politics to a politic topic?
Best DPS Druid Of Nuada until BT Goes Down.
*Half Retired till Real Content is Released*

Re: Politics in Celtic

#15
Wolfenstien wrote:
Lucerin wrote:
KingOfNuada wrote:Yet the server that is capitalist is the best going server. Capitalism is and always will be the best system


The thread was analogous to real life societies until claiming that a social structure in RL is the best system.

So let’s keep real politics and political opinions out of this, because I’m sure you’d find many disaffected people who disagree with your statement. And I’d say it can come of as incendiary.

I also don’t see how everyone being included on equal footing for equal effort being capitalistic. Inclusiveness is not a trait of capitalism, but socialism.

The fact is that people will come to bosses and put in a varying degree of effort to kill that boss, but will have equal chance to loot. The entire premise of this thread is backwards.


Did you say dont bring politics to a politic topic?


Being analogous between how political societies are compared to server communities is the premise of the thread.

However, the statement was made in a non-analogous context that a certain societal ideology is the best, not how it pertains to CH.

That’s the problem. We have an off-topic forum if you want to discuss which societal hierchy is the best.
General of Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
The Bazaar - Trader
Is your server stale, grid-locked by inactivity? Looking for a family of mature endgame players who respect eachother and compete together? Find us on Gwydion!

Re: Politics in Celtic

#16
Lucerin wrote:I also don’t see how everyone being included on equal footing for equal effort being capitalistic. Inclusiveness is not a trait of capitalism, but socialism.

We all are on equal levels theoretically. We all have the potential to 'start a business and get rich' just like we can all 'boss and have the potential to get rich'. Inclusiveness is a trait in capitalism just not in the same manner. I never stated my personal opinion in the OP about what was the best system of governance, I just noted a difference in the way we act in the game to real life.
Chaotic of Nuada
Clan: Chaos

Frid(suffix)

Re: Politics in Celtic

#17
Chaotic wrote:
Lucerin wrote:I also don’t see how everyone being included on equal footing for equal effort being capitalistic. Inclusiveness is not a trait of capitalism, but socialism.

We all are on equal levels theoretically. We all have the potential to 'start a business and get rich' just like we can all 'boss and have the potential to get rich'. Inclusiveness is a trait in capitalism just not in the same manner. I never stated my personal opinion in the OP about what was the best system of governance, I just noted a difference in the way we act in the game to real life.


What you just described doesn’t exist equally in capitalism.

People “all can’t start a business and get rich,” and people all don’t have equal potential.

I understand the analogies and I didn’t have an issue with anything you’ve said. I agree in parts.

It was someone else who actually made the claim that one system of socioeconomic governance was better above all. Which that bothers me because it removes the premise of this thread; comparing servers to outside politics.

That comment dissents from the thread in that it isn’t a comment about CH, its servers, or comparing the prior to outside politics. It brings an opinion of which societies are better, in real life, because it’s “the best.”
General of Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
The Bazaar - Trader
Is your server stale, grid-locked by inactivity? Looking for a family of mature endgame players who respect eachother and compete together? Find us on Gwydion!

Re: Politics in Celtic

#19
The comments on the outside politics was merely suggesting that if the system worked how it did in CH then it would be a good system.

Many servers do take an ideaology that everyone needs to put the work in to progress and they’re all of equal status. Of course with a power behind the people (guardian+)

There are also bits of capitalism here and there. With money not being equally shared. But at the same time in CH money is not equal to power like it is in a true capitalist society

In our small utopia’s we have developed systems which work great in a game evironment always room for improvement but they work
~~Belenus~~

NaturesFrost 150+ dps druid

Re: Politics in Celtic

#20
Lucerin wrote:People “all can’t start a business and get rich,” and people all don’t have equal potential.

True. No analogy will 100% fit the comparison. I also agree no system is 'the best' we all have preferences and a system that fits within one culture will be completely illogical for another.
Chaotic of Nuada
Clan: Chaos

Frid(suffix)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests