Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: E3 WEEK!

So most of these games are awesome but.... SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE. I’ve played every version so I’m really excited.
Also For Honor looks really nice.
I hate ppl that hate ppl! “To end confusion you have to be a potato” -MemeLordJT

Last time i checked women don’t actually care if they can play as a female or male. Anyone who took a simple world history class should know that the war was mostly fought by men, so anyone should understand why women arnt in WW2 games because of simple history lol. Anyone who think otherwise are simply uneducated people that think in an uneducated way. No one cares about female characters in games like Fallout, Skyrim, MMORPGs, etc... because they all have fantasy settings. Or modern military games because women can serve now. A game about WW2 is completely different as it’s based on a real tragic event.

“If you think women don’t have spending powers, you’re wrong”, where tf did this statement come from and what does it have to do with anything mentioned in this thread? :lol: Anyone who thinks like that is a low life loser that has no place in society

I don’t care about what that developer said about “standing up for the cause”, that’s cool. What bothers me is
A. They cram this political correctness down people’s throat... people don’t like that regardless of what the issue is.
B. They said, “you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game. I’m fine with either or.” What kind of developer says this kind of **** at a upset community? It’s a piss poor response and that dude should be fired.

At least I can rely on Bethesda and Fallout 76... also Elder Scrolls 6 was announced!
1. Yes, while many women don't mind, when given the option to play as a female or male, often they choose female. Females often don't mind, because females haven't been represented in games. I'll have to dig you up that poll. Times in the industry are changing. While 30% of the industry is represented by females, that number is growing. It's an even smaller number in development side at 17%, again, growing. As such, the industry is going changing and evolving. This means more types of games and more representation. Maybe you're female and you don't personally care, but there are def. many women in this world that do. Or would at least enjoy having the option to play as a female. Representation matters!
2. Let me provide you with some education. Women served for the British as SOE; Special Operations Executive - also known as The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Of SOE's 55 female agents, thirteen were killed in action or died in Nazi concentration camps. Commando operations.
Here are some links to notable women:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odette_Hallowes

It really isn't a stretch for the company to include A SINGLE female playable character.

As to the buying power and EA's response, over 60% of the world's population based on a study performed by Edelman (one of the world's largest marketing agencies) are belief buyers. If you don't stand with a cause, consumers are 30% less likely to buy from you. They're like 45% more likely to buy from a company that takes the same viewpoint on an issue as them. I think we can all agree that EA has a history of following the money.

Who else is excited for Persona 5: Dancing Star Night!!

Who else is excited for Persona 5: Dancing Star Night!!
Never played persona but why is there giant boobs of a lady with an invisible head in the background._.

1. Yes, while many women don't mind, when given the option to play as a female or male, often they choose female. Females often don't mind, because females haven't been represented in games. I'll have to dig you up that poll. Times in the industry are changing. While 30% of the industry is represented by females, that number is growing. It's an even smaller number in development side at 17%, again, growing. As such, the industry is going changing and evolving. This means more types of games and more representation. Maybe you're female and you don't personally care, but there are def. many women in this world that do. Or would at least enjoy having the option to play as a female. Representation matters!
2. Let me provide you with some education. Women served for the British as SOE; Special Operations Executive - also known as The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Of SOE's 55 female agents, thirteen were killed in action or died in Nazi concentration camps. Commando operations.

It really isn't a stretch for the company to include A SINGLE female playable character.

As to the buying power and EA's response, over 60% of the world's population based on a study performed by Edelman (one of the world's largest marketing agencies) are belief buyers. If you don't stand with a cause, consumers are 30% less likely to buy from you. They're like 45% more likely to buy from a company that takes the same viewpoint on an issue as them. I think we can all agree that EA has a history of following the money.
Don’t feel like going on anymore, so just take a look at what this dude says
Explains the argument perfectly
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

As a female player, I care more about representation than what was "historically normal". Should female inclusion bother you so much when you can choose not to play as one? The fact is, it's a role playing game, and even if there weren't as many females on the front lines, there are plenty of us behind the controllers. So to that point, if characters are being symbolic of players themselves, there should be the option to play as a female.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

"" They're were actual frontline women reeeee!!!"
No one is denying the existence or respect for these women , however the overwhelming majority of causalities and service troops were male."

No one is denying that the majority of causalities and service troops were male. Taking A GAME and taking a SMALL liberty to include a SINGLE playable character to fit the modern climate isn't a really big stretch. Most games take some liberties with the source content to fit current climates. If someone is mad about this tiny liberty, then, they should be mad at 95% (if not more) of the games on the market. They aren't and that should tell you something.

Again, gatekeeping and sexism have zero place on our forums. No matter the section.

"" They're were actual frontline women reeeee!!!"
No one is denying the existence or respect for these women , however the overwhelming majority of causalities and service troops were male."

No one is denying that the majority of causalities and service troops were male. Taking A GAME and taking a SMALL liberty to include a SINGLE playable character to fit the modern climate isn't a really big stretch. Most games take some liberties with the source content to fit current climates. If someone is mad about this tiny liberty, then, they should be mad at 95% (if not more) of the games on the market. They aren't and that should tell you something.

Again, gatekeeping and sexism have zero place on our forums. No matter the section.
Stating true facts about history isn’t sexist... if that were the case then all my history teachers are sexist and every history textbook is sexist... not even sure if you know what sexism really means. If this is you calling me sexist then you are the most ignorant person I’ve ever met. People are mad at this game because the developers are cramming this down our throats, and they even admitted to doing so. As I said, people DO NOT like that. They do not care for their fan base, they care for their political agenda, people DO NOT like that.

Everything would have been fine if they marketed this game as an alternative reality WW2 game, but instead they marketed it as “the most immersive Battlefield yet!”. Immersive my ass. Why does this bother me? Because I love Battlefield and I hate to see it receive so much criticism over something that could have easily been avoided.

Might as well lock this thread, bringing up that whole sexism thing was not a smart move my friend.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I haven't stated anything historically inaccurate. It's fine that you don't want to buy that game.

It is a liberty EA is taking to fit the modern climate. Not saying, you hate all women and are sexist. I don't' think that about you. BUT, I think that gatekeeping a game based on "historical accuracy" is based on those notions. If the problem was historical inaccuracies, people would be complaining about a lot more games.

HIstorical inaccuracies of Battlefield 1:
  • The MP18 Bergmann didn't have a bayonet lug during WWI. It was added later.
  • German uniforms had an added cuff and wore gloves. Only people who wore gloves were wire parties, handling barbed wire and grenadiers
  • House to house fighting is an inaccurate representation. That's more of a WWII thing. You would have to do fairly extensive research to figure out a battle they were referring to. You know like taking a liberty or making a stretch.
  • Guns don't jam very often. They would have jammed a lot more to be historically accurate
  • Reloading on guns like the Lewis gun.
  • THE ENTIRE MEDIC CLASS. But even more notably, the "needle-in-a-jar" medkit.
Here's a link to 10 inaccuracies in the Assassin's Creed games: https://www.supercheats.com/articles/33 ... sins-creed

These are just a handful of examples. The point is that inaccuracies exist through historical based games and always have. Games have always been marketed as "the most immersive" experience yet. For women, this will be the most immersive, because it's the first time they can play as a character that represents themselves. That gives a deeper mental involvement for those players. Multi-player isn't exactly ever super historically accurate to begin with...

Stealing this great quote:
"Games are products that have to sell to the bigger audience, not to a niche section of history fans. Therefore, historical accuracy has to give way to other factors, most likely gameplay for it to sell well and make money."

I don't want a lock a thread because we disagree. I want to offer you perspective, so maybe you can understand why so many people appreciate this. I also want our women in our community to know that they have a safe environment. That should something happen, they can feel safe reporting it.

This is also probably my fave Twitter thread on the topic.

Play nice before I lock this thread!

(I'm kidding)

Anyone have thoughts on the new Pokemon game? Looks iffy to me.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.