Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gameplay or Graphics

Gameplay all the way.

Ill play a game with any quality graphics, I may comment on how bad it looks now(like ps1/sega), but I dont really mind.

For me it's like this.

Gameplay 80%
Graphics 10%
Difficulty 10% (I generally dont like easy games)
Storyline 0%

Some of my favorite games: Dark Cloud 1+2, Oblivion, FF7+Explorers, Doom 3+Expansion, Halo 2+3+Reach, Smash series, MGS 1+3, Fable 1, Castlevania SOTN+Portrait of Ruin

I have more, but I can't think of them atm, those are on the top of my list though.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Charcoal - 60 PvP Fire Auto-Mage
Keepin' it old school.

As much as I love a game with good graphics, whats the point of it if the gameplay sucks? Probably why Shovel Knight is so popular. Hehe. Old graphics but heard its fun to play.

But Celtic Heroes is a jewel in the dust. Good graphics, good gameplay, good quests, and for the most part good people.
I’m a guide! I’m here to help. If you have any questions or just wanna talk, send me a PM!

Gameplay. You can have astonishing graphics, but with a weak story and poor gameplay players will quickly lose interest.

If you've figured out a solid story and have figured out the other aspects of the game, sure, go ahead and polish the graphics. But to me, graphics are not the most important thing in game development.
Lir
Tanker Baby - 206 Warrior
Stubbz - 136 Druid
Sneaky Baby - 103 Rogue
Sniper Baby - 63 Ranger

Morrigan
Sneaky Baby - 50 Rogue

Epona
Tanker Baby - ?? Warrior