Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Harambe the Gorilla

I'm a huge animal lover so I'm going to try and keep as open-minded and less opinionated as usual. But I'm not too sure that as a parent (personally) I would let my kid let go of my hand in such an open zoo where one can just simply fall into the pen. Thus my personal opinion is that the parents are to blame?¿

I think the zoo keeper made the right call though. Having said that the Gorilla actually meant no harm to the boy, I think what people were scared of was that he might accidentally drown him whilst pulling him around. It's a real tough call to make and seeing as this isn't like a common occurrence I doubt the zoo keepers even knew what to do.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

^^ For real
I can't judge the parents. I don't even have kids yet. Just if the Zoo is so open and your kid is joking about jumping in a moat I'd just be more cautious. You're going to be stuck to my side like the Gorilla glue.. Wait I think I judged them :?

I'm wondering was there a tour guide? They usually give warnings or say please stand back and such. I guess that boy had his mind made up that he's going in no matter what.
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

First I'd say the mom should've kept her child next to her the whole time, your in a public zoo with lots of strangers so your child should be your main priority. Next the zoo should have enclosed it better so that this incident wouldn't have even been possible. Lastly, everyone watching and screaming are bunch of idiots, you'd think by now ppl would know that loud noises anger or scare animals into doing dumb things. If I were there, even if it is dumb to do, would've tried to get down there and help the child. Sickens me that noone had the courage to risk their own life for a child(like when a child was mauled to death in a zoo a few years back by wild african dogs.

So you're saying the people are stupid for making noises which could potentially anger the animal. Then you suggest jumping down there to save the kid?

Yeah okay, I'm sure the gorilla would just hand him over.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

So you're saying the people are stupid for making noises which could potentially anger the animal. Then you suggest jumping down there to save the kid?

Yeah okay, I'm sure the gorilla would just hand him over.
Standing there doing nothing except being loud while watching a child being dragged around like a toy doesnt seem logical to me. At least if someone went down there in a non threatening stance and approach, you'd have a pretty decent chance that gorilla might not be aggressive. Lets not forget that these are primates and that many humans have interacted with them when done carefully. I'd rather have taken this chance vs. just shooting an endangered animal just because of a neglegant mother and a zoo that didn't have the enclosure properly secured.

And if anything goes wrong, guess who gets the blame?

The least stupid thing to do would be to do nothing. At least now there will be a more secure enclosure so this doesn't happen again.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

No matter how or why or what could have been done differently it's real life unfathomable happens. Nothing and I mean nothing anyone could do to the mother is worse then she just experienced watching her child go thru that. Seems like many are just looking to blame someone or anyone. Sometimes things just happen all we can do is try to prevent anything like this from happening again.