Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Are posts in general discussion more visible?

what does Voldemort really know about community management and influx of new forumers and how this forum works?

most people who post in general discussion have already realised that you don't need to log in to read general threads.

That's why, I for instance will first post in general ( while well knowing that someone who found some new drive in life will move the topic to rants or f&s)

On the other hand - you have to take the pain of loggin in or creating an account to actually SEE and read feed backs and suggestions.

Which is controversial to Muldars community activities efforts ( Twitter insta art Friday and all the nonsense) to try rake in more participation- community life you say.

people who read a topic in general relate to it, feel concerned, fired up by the issue will want to react and if it REALLY FIRED THEM UP will create an account to post their two cents! That's how you make new people join in.

But the ' higher than thou haughtiness' of DOING MY JOB as a moderator makes this obsolete when you move/dump ACTIVE topics to sections that are invisible to non forumers...

food for thought...and be smart not a robotic fool

The answer to the OP/Topic title? Yes, General Discussion posts are more visible because non-registered users can read them.

Although, there is no reason for Feedback & Suggestions forum to be invisible to non-registered users. Forum admin should change that.
Allow the silent majority to read them and if they disagree (or agree) to suggestions, then make them register and become participants in the forum community.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

General Discussions is the most trafficked sub forum on the board.

This means people usually post straight to there instead of feedback and suggestions as it gains more visibility and traction, which I understand people want to see their topic be discussed.

The problem this causes for us is the topics tend to be a bit more rowdy in general and turns into debates on X,Y,Z which means we have to sift through clan fights and discussions on alpacas to find a good post.

While feedback can turn the same way generally it allows us to see players feedback, read through their posts, collate and get a better picture of current issues. If everything is in general this makes that job a lot harder.

The way I have always thought of it as is: General (Discussion on topics) Feedback (This is my feedback. I agree. I disagree. Opinions) Petitions (This is my feedback. +1. -1)

People may not like the fact F&S is behind a login wall (I understand) but it is an effort to have the players who are most invested in the game and community a place to share their thoughts and opinions on the game.

You think Feedback and Suggestions is not trafficked? Get commenting! We want to hear your feedback! I am in all boards and the team is always in General and Feedback. Nothing gets ignored, if you want to see the board get more traffic you have to go there.

If you think I don't comment much in F&S well you'd be correct but it is mainly out of respect for you guys. I'm not here to go "Wow guys thanks for your feedback" and move on I'm here to listen and to talk, not to give some default answer and move on. Not here to defend the teams actions, not here to tell you "oh no you're wrong" I am here to make sure you are heard. That is why I am so informal half the time, I can be formal when I need to be but the majority of the time I just want to talk and listen to the community.

Sure, not every piece of feedback gets implemented, we are a busy company with a busy schedule but we do try to accommodate as much as we can (Seriously there are studios out there with 0 comms, bad show)

On a final note for anyone who has read this wall of text. Please just remember we are all humans. Don't go shouting off at Admins, Moderators, Guides even other users. Sure we signed up for these roles, we knew with larger titles there would be more shots at us but there does not have to be, we are here to help.

(Side note I've moved this to Off Topic, it is not a discussion on the game but more on general forum on goings so is probably more suited there.)

The way I have always thought of it as is: General (Discussion on topics) Feedback (This is my feedback. I agree. I disagree. Opinions) Petitions (This is my feedback. +1. -1)
Discussions always have some form of feedback from players. That's just how conversations in real life (and in forum) go. Talk about politics and someone will give feedback about Obama, Trump, Hilary, etc. You can't force players to "stay on topic" because humans tend to provide their own opinion when participating in a discussion - ergo "Giving Feedback". That means majority of General Discussion topics should be moved to F&S.

As I've mentioned before, I think F&S should be changed to contain only posts pertaining to Game Changes that players want. Petitions forum is redundant, as it basically the same function/purpose. +1 and -1 means exactly the same as I agree and I disagree.

You only need 2 forums:

General Discussion & Game Feedback
Game Suggestions & Petitions

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Agreed - I suppose:

"General Discussion"
and
"Make a Suggestion"

would clear things up a bit for everyone. That way, if someone has a specific suggestion (i.e. "I want this"; "I don't like this, it needs to be changed"), then it would go in the suggestions board. It might also encourage people to give one suggestion per topic rather than several that need sifting through.

Heck, we've ended up giving feedback on this one too! :lol:

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Discussions always have some form of feedback from players. That's just how conversations in real life (and in forum) go. Talk about politics and someone will give feedback about Obama, Trump, Hilary, etc. You can't force players to "stay on topic" because humans tend to provide their own opinion when participating in a discussion - ergo "Giving Feedback". That means majority of General Discussion topics should be moved to F&S.

As I've mentioned before, I think F&S should be changed to contain only posts pertaining to Game Changes that players want. Petitions forum is redundant, as it basically the same function/purpose. +1 and -1 means exactly the same as I agree and I disagree.

You only need 2 forums:

General Discussion & Game Feedback
Game Suggestions & Petitions
They are welcome to do so, most discussion posts stay in General it is usually just the posts that immediately start out with:

"This is my idea on how to make the game better"

That get moved across to F&S it is after all designed for posts such as these.
We all have seen the post on X, Y and Z that gets posted to General that has solid player feedback but spirals into 14 pages of convoluted ideas.
Moving it to F&S just helps us to collate these, there are after all hundreds of players and only a few of us, sometimes just me.

That being said the boards may be shifted around in time, I was doing a lot of back end work previously and board structuring was going to be a part of this.

When it comes down to it it's us Forum users who make F&S less trafficked.

If Bobby has to log in so that he can comment on a post then that post may as well be in the right place.

Views don't matter considering a topic could be viewed by 1,000 guests but you'll never know what their actual thoughts on the topic are. It's up to us on the Forums who actually sign in each day to start. If we decide to make F&S more trafficked then it'll be more trafficked. If not then it'll stay as it is.

I have been guilty of posting in General when I knew the topic was Feedback :lol:

But from what the comments say, all of us here do end up at F&S eventually. So we may as well just post here and in turn us who use Forum Accounts will venture here more often.

Side Note: the Feedback is for OTM, not for other people so why do views matter..? Very rarely do topics get a comment of "I agree" or "I disagree", they usually end up far away from the original topic. In my opinion, F&S is solely to let OTM know how you as an individual feel. If others feel the same way ir differently then they can comment that.
Petitions should just have the description of what someone wants and then instead of Comments it has a +1 or -1 Button. That'll give Petitions some use and eliminate cluttered topics.
General Discussion is a bit odd, because all kinda of Topics make it in there..
Would you kindly?