Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: weight lifting

Lifting's a bit boring for me - much prefer swimming or cycling!
Swimming is so hard and boring..... I swam for years on the swim team and I hated it so much .-. It's so time consuming and boring :(.... 2-3 hours of practice a day and it took so much of my timeeeeeeeeeeee. Ended up quitting this year cause I would rather play games hehe Kek. I was pretty slow too.... Only a 30 second flat 50 free :'( and 1:10 for a 100 free :'(
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

Work on the big compound exercises. Barbell rows, barbell bench, overhead press, squats, deadlifts. Those will increase your overall strength more than any other exercise for each body part as well as building decent mass.

Honestly if I were you I would give SL(stronglifts) 5x5 a try. Throw in a couple extra exercises per workout such as your core routine, some calves isolation, pullups, and whatever body part you feel is lacking. Here's an example of what I mean.

day 1:
Rows 5x5
Ohp(overhead press) 5x5
Deads 1x5
Pullups ?x?

For the pullups(and any bonus exercise) do a few sets of as many as you can and keep track for the amount. The point is every time you go back to the exercise you'll either want to increase resistance or number of reps. I would suggest doing higher reps on the bonus exercises than 5 sets of 5 reps. I would say only do 1 or 2 of these bonus exercises per workout and make sure you keep them on the same day every time. So don't do pullups on day 1 then again on day 3.

Not sure if that sounds super enticing but even if it does make sure that before you decide you want to dedicate yourself to this(or any) workout do your research on what it does for you and whether or not it'll help you reach your goals.

I also agree with pigman. Protein shakes are a scam.
Last edited by Vulture on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Work on the big compound exercises. Barbell rows, barbell bench, overhead press, squats, deadlifts. Those will increase your overall strength more than any other exercise for each body part as well as building decent mass.

Honestly if I were you I would give SL(stronglifts) 5x5 a try. Throw in a couple extra exercises per workout such as your core routine, some calves isolation, pullups, and whatever body part you feel is lacking. Here's an example of what I mean.

day 1:
Rows 5x5
Ohp(overhead press) 5x5
Deads 1x5
Pullups ?x?

For the pullups(and any bonus exercise) do a few sets of as many as you can and keep track for the amount. The point is every time you go back to the exercise you'll either want to increase resistance or number of reps. I would say only do 1 or 2 of these bonus exercises per workout and make sure you keep them on the same day every time. So don't do pullups on day 1 then again on day 3.

Not sure if that sounds super enticing but even if it does make sure that before you decide you want to dedicate yourself to this(or any) workout do your research on what it does for you and whether or not it'll help you reach your goals.
I remember when my swim team brought us to the weight room every day to do these..... I also remember running on a treadmill for 40 mins on 7.5 speed and 1.5 incline..... I remember those days of torture :'(

Herne

day 1:
Rows 5x5
Ohp(overhead press) 5x5
Deads 1x5
Pullups ?x?

For the pullups(and any bonus exercise) do a few sets of as many as you can and keep track for the amount. The point is every time you go back to the exercise you'll either want to increase resistance or number of reps. I would say only do 1 or 2 of these bonus exercises per workout and make sure you keep them on the same day every time. So don't do pullups on day 1 then again on day 3.

I remember when my swim team brought us to the weight room every day to do these..... I also remember running on a treadmill for 40 mins on 7.5 speed and 1.5 incline..... I remember those days of torture :'(
Probably helped you big time didn't it? I know a lot of my friends that did play sports through 11th and 12th grade had to go through workouts similar to stronglifts along with various cardio and other exercises.

I forgot to mention above, keep your cardio in check it's super important.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

day 1:
Rows 5x5
Ohp(overhead press) 5x5
Deads 1x5
Pullups ?x?

Probably helped you big time didn't it? I know a lot of my friends that did play sports through 11th and 12th grade had to go through workouts similar to stronglifts along with various cardio and other exercises.

I forgot to mention above, keep your cardio in check it's super important.
Yeah but It also made me cry in tears of sweat because it was so FRIKEN tiring.

Herne

yeah I already kinda do strong lift. i mean i use to do reps of 10 thought it built the most muscle mass haha.
then I was told that doing lower amount of reps will help you gain muscle mass and strength.

going purely for strength now.
Trappin4Dayz- Lvl 30+ Ranger

I used to be a bit of a gym rat back in the day. (im 17 so im grade 12) back in sophomore year football (varsity) we were playing kingswood and i had to run the ball 90 yards to turn the game around. I broke through the line and about another 50 yards later (i can run a 3.5 40) (so it didnt take long to get there) i was hit by their safety and cornerback at the same time. the saftey went for the kill and gave me a heavy concussion and the corner broke my right ankle. After that my season was ended. to add insult to injury, junior year we were doing hitting drills and i went up against my bro (left tackle) and he broke my left shoulder. that ended my junior year football about a month in. >:(

I now just do manual labor to keep myself in shape. I work on a farm for fitness and money lol im done with highschool sports
CROM/Active
Burgoise - 202+ smol DPS Warrior
Siliske - 170+ Hybrid Druid

Epona/Inactive
YungShottie - 170 Ranger - Retired

Best farming methods, get 200k in 30 minutes.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

when I'm not fighting jedi I land my speeder near a cantina, drink a few shots of jawa juice and hit the gym :ugeek: (I use the force to lift things mind you)
+1 Star Wars geek ova here (same here) :ugeek:
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)