Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Silence for Leelah Alcorn

And I think we can all agree bullying is wrong to an understandable extent, by this I mean there are circumstances that society just doesn't yet except and trying to push something new on a generation of people who just don't want anything to do with it is just gonna make things worse-- for example, a child sees a pink shirt that he likes in a store and asks his mom to buy it for him to wear to school, she can either a, play the victim and wonder why her child got bullied, or b, conform to society and give the kid a blue shirt, yes it's unfair-- but so is the opposite, there are established norms that have been pretty much agreed upon over hundreds of years, it's gonna take the majority of people sometime to accept huge changes such as these-- hell, gays are just now gaining rights to marry.
Oberyn is a great example of the majority who just aren't ready for this, he's not very comfortable with it, it's not like he strives to condemn transgendered people, he just can't come to terms with such a drastic change and I really don't think anyone really blames him for it (pigman aside).
It's not close minded to believe in what the majority thinks, and it's also not close minded to think differently than someone else, it's human.
I don't expect us to get to any consensus on what exactly defines gender roles as there is always gonna be debate on that indefinitely, what I do expect us to do is respect each other's varying opinions-- which I don't believe Pig has come anywhere close to doing so.
If you wanna talk about bigotry, make sure you're not guilty of it yourself, just because you side with the minority vote-- doesn't mean everyone else is looking to bully you, just make sure you expect differing opinions.

And a teenager did die, I don't think the gender really matters here, what I do think matters to some people is that they titled this under a different name than her "God given name" so to speak, which is completely fine.
Just take it as someone who changed their name to a more feminine name to reflect their own opinions and forget about whether or not the name change has any implication on gender roles as it makes very little difference-- I think what we Should all be debating is why someone felt the need to post such an Offtopic thread that imo, doesn't even belong in the Offtopic section here....
Obey the Nightmaster

http://m.jap.physiology.org/content/99/3/785

Above is a link to a professional journal

The american psychiatric association has come to the conclusion that sex and gender are not the same

Sex is anatomy, which everyone understands
Gender is your social role, and while the norm is for males to be men and females women, it is possible for a male individual to have the psychological mindset of a woman, as females can have the mindset of a man.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

There's what a book will tell you, and then there's what society dictates, but that is really beside the point-- nobody cares what gender Leelah is, they just want to argue what gender is--- seriously let it go-- if you really wanna get technical he's neither at this point.
Obey the Nightmaster

@michael i see it as no different than being gay. It is a naturally occuring, uncommon, difference
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon

RIP, unfortunately there is still years to come before the whole populace realizes that some people are just born different.
Thankyou
Anyhow im done here, would rather just walk away as there are too many personal ties to the issue for myself.
@twi thankyou for the thread, sorry for partaking in the hijacking
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon

RIP, unfortunately there is still years to come before the whole populace realizes that some people are just born different.
Thankyou
Anyhow im done here, would rather just walk away as there are too many personal ties to the issue for myself.
@twi thankyou for the thread, sorry for partaking in the hijacking
Wasn't directed at you, but I never understand the flak the LGBT people get all the time.
Wattzon of Sulis

Oh i know, was just appreciating the simplicity of your comment lol
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon