Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#201
Plus3 wrote:
Oberyn wrote:Simple: Humans should not be the same to humans as animals are to humans.Killing off a thousand kittens should not be worse than killing off one human. Bros/hos before everyone else below!

I know..that analogy was probably a bit extreme, but...


An argument from humanity only applies to and would sway the beliefs of a human. Read the above again lol. It's hard to tell if its a troll because so many people actually are that stupid and don't realize how that additude is actually bad when taken against others much less when turned upon themselves.

Also I'm kind of curious where the exchange rate of 1000-1 comes from. Additionally if being cute factors in - what would be the toad exchange rate?

I wasn't saying people should be killed like cattle, I'm saying the animals in the areas they believe ebola to be most prominent would be a nice thought.
Obey the Nightmaster
Image

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#202
You cant contain a virus
You can try but it will always slip through
No matter what restrictions rules or whatever
The world is connected we made it that way

Will ebola be a problem in the USA
Your more likely to die from a car crash
Rosmerta
Dragonoid626 Ranger 172 Resurrected
Balor
Druid(151)

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#204
The other ranger wrote:You cant contain a virus
You can try but it will always slip through
No matter what restrictions rules or whatever
The world is connected we made it that way

Will ebola be a problem in the USA
Your more likely to die from a car crash


Correct today. But if we had let it spread or if ebola manages to spread despite efforts in Africa into the millions or tens of millions then that is completely false. We would be getting infected people entering the us every minute not once or twice ever. Contact tracing would no longer be feasible in the least and our medical system, under strain from 5 patients currently lol, would completely break down.

We are already losing the ability to do contact tracing the last nurse to get it traveled on two flights with hundreds of people while mildly contagious not to mention all the others that came in contact with her. Honestly despite prattle about how it couldn't happen here all it would take is about 10 more cases before we are overwhelmed.

Also like you said it's not containable. What if migratory birds are/or become a carrier? We could see cases around the world if that happens just like with bird flu strains.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#205
Michael_XXX wrote:
Plus3 wrote:
Oberyn wrote:Simple: Humans should not be the same to humans as animals are to humans.Killing off a thousand kittens should not be worse than killing off one human. Bros/hos before everyone else below!

I know..that analogy was probably a bit extreme, but...


An argument from humanity only applies to and would sway the beliefs of a human. Read the above again lol. It's hard to tell if its a troll because so many people actually are that stupid and don't realize how that additude is actually bad when taken against others much less when turned upon themselves.

Also I'm kind of curious where the exchange rate of 1000-1 comes from. Additionally if being cute factors in - what would be the toad exchange rate?

I wasn't saying people should be killed like cattle, I'm saying the animals in the areas they believe ebola to be most prominent would be a nice thought.


I was trying to say there is no convincing Michael because he is mentally and factually challenged, for lack of more diplomatic words, with reality acceptance issues.

As far as the animals it may be a good idea to put the right ones down, or perhaps vaccinate them. We don't have cheap vaccine or rapid testing nor do we know what animals really carry the virus. It's something that needs a lot more research. It would be nice to know enough to eradicate the virus we just don't know enough yet.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#206
Plus3 wrote:
flamingduckee wrote:
Oberyn wrote:It has not been found in Cleveland, Ohio where you live.

The nurse --I think her name was Vinson-- just happened to travel there the day before she started showing symptoms. Ebola is only really contagious if the carrier is showing symptoms. However, yes, quarantine protocols are going up in Northern Ohio (where you live) just to be on the safe side.

Wrong doctors have no evidence to suggest that you have to show symptoms to be contagious


Flamin you seem to be able to come up with the stupidest answers effortlessly. Is that a natural talent? There have been multiple studies showing that you have to actually have symptoms to become realistically contagious.

Do you magically become able to spread the virus once your first symptoms show? No. But realistically that is the approximate time that you shed enough virus to be contagious. Here is just one study from Oxford - not even behind a pay wall

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/1 ... /S142.full

I know reading, science, and facts aren't your strong suit but feel free to pit your undeducated opinion against a respected scientific journal finding.


I LOVE IT ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Everything you say is amazing its like my eyes are opened
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#207
flamingduckee wrote:
Plus3 wrote:Flamin you seem to be able to come up with the stupidest answers effortlessly. Is that a natural talent? There have been multiple studies showing that you have to actually have symptoms to become realistically contagious.

Do you magically become able to spread the virus once your first symptoms show? No. But realistically that is the approximate time that you shed enough virus to be contagious. Here is just one study from Oxford - not even behind a pay wall

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/1 ... /S142.full

I know reading, science, and facts aren't your strong suit but feel free to pit your undeducated opinion against a respected scientific journal finding.


I LOVE IT ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Everything you say is amazing its like my eyes are opened


Lol. I'm sure.

While your eyes are open a funny thing happens if you apply those same principles to catholicism. Sorry if not only your whole life is a lie, but that of your family and loved ones too. If you need help there are plenty of secular services available.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#208
@plus3
Hmm, mentally challenged says the person making civil discussion personal... alright.
But speaking to someone as if they aren't present when you know they are is just plain rude.

I'd come back at you but you'd probably win.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

--Samuel Clemens

This a discussion in the Off topic section, not the rants, your personal beliefs of me are irrelevant, let's stay on topic and keep the personal attacks out of it please.
____________________________________________________


http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola- ... al-n227971
Obey the Nightmaster
Image

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

#209
Michael_XXX wrote:@plus3
Hmm, mentally challenged says the person making civil discussion personal... alright.
But speaking to someone as if they aren't present when you know they are is just plain rude.

I'd come back at you but you'd probably win.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

--Samuel Clemens

This a discussion in the Off topic section, not the rants, your personal beliefs of me are irrelevant, let's stay on topic and keep the personal attacks out of it please.
____________________________________________________


http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola- ... al-n227971


So you admit my superior experience? Excellent!

Further the link is just more examples of how with just a few more simeltaneous cases the entire system of tracing will break down.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests