Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

I'm not that fluent in international stuff and protocols but...

Can't we just quarantine off the greatly affected areas? Namely certain parts of West Africa. The death toll is clearly beyond abnormal there, yet international travel is allowed in and out of the country. Isn't it in everyone's best interests to isolate the affected areas and treat them as one would in any quarantined zone? Same goes for areas in the U.S.
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

Can't we just quarantine off the greatly affected areas? Namely certain parts of West Africa. The death toll is clearly beyond abnormal there, yet international travel is allowed in and out of the country. Isn't it in everyone's best interests to isolate the affected areas and treat them as one would in any quarantined zone? Same goes for areas in the U.S.
Their rationale not to block off Africa was that they'd just move about illegally making it harder to quarantine in the end which does make some sense I guess.

Personally-- I'd systematically execute those that have the disease and keep it from spreading efficiently. Someone made a comment similar to this earlier and were responded with "what if it were your family?"-- well at the moment it isnt my family so I believe I'm unbiased in saying a disease with no known cure must be snuffed out with great haste...
Obey the Nightmaster

People just need to step up and be considerate of their fellow humans...its just pure selfishness to think otherwise.

You are right: It is the unaffected that would have the most unbiased stand during these harsh times; all others are driven by their emotions. Even if my family or I catch this disease, Quarantine would the best option for everyone: the sick would receive the treatment and attention they need and the rest would remain unexposed.

It is on these rare occasions that humans need to shoe some humanity.
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

Their rationale not to block off Africa was that they'd just move about illegally making it harder to quarantine in the end which does make some sense I guess.

Personally-- I'd systematically execute those that have the disease and keep it from spreading efficiently. Someone made a comment similar to this earlier and were responded with "what if it were your family?"-- well at the moment it isnt my family so I believe I'm unbiased in saying a disease with no known cure must be snuffed out with great haste...
That is absurd
Lets kill all the people who live in a poor country that cant afford healthcare to save the privilaged people who can. Thats *** up. Its also illigal by international law
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

http://firebrandprogressives.org/colber ... yet-video/

Colbert said the same thing. The video is at the bottom, starts at 3:15

http://www.google.com/search?q=ebola+pl ... 24&bih=672

Personally I think Ebola looks kinda cute. Although I personally think it looks more like a little heart on a stick and should be more of a reddish color, mostly because that's the color of liquified internal organs, tissue, and blood that comes out.

Since a second nurse has now contracted Ebola and the chance one of the two will die should finally shut up Duncan race apple supporters claiming noting was done to save him. Besides a 1m hospital bill and two people now suffering the same infection all as a result of lying on being questioned before leaving an infected area.

At least better proceedures, protocols, and support will likely come from this.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

That is absurd
Lets kill all the people who live in a poor country that cant afford healthcare to save the privilaged people who can. Thats messed up. Its also illigal by international law
I'm fairly sure the world is close to exercising that containment protocol on Internet trolls. Its also heartening to know this wont be shot down as international law currently only applies to human beings.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I am 100% opposed to execution.

Place yourself in their shoes, to my knowledge ebola has a mortality rate of... 50%?
Say you have ebola, you won't have a 50% chance of death, you would have a 100% chance.

In times like these being humane is key, and i don't think it's humane to kill... 100s? 1000S? 10000S? Of people because 1-5 American(s) have died, i think it's safe to assume more people have died from butter-related accidents!
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

Execution??Killing?? Nobody suggested that...

I was advocating for containment of the disease and some form of quarantine be placed on the affected.
Sadly with the level of innate stupidity present in many with defective genes nourished through a lifetime of ignorance has led many to this "let's murder them all" conclusion. See the link below.

http://firebrandprogressives.org/colber ... yet-video/

Beyond that the only real cure we have is blood transfusions from those that have lived through it so killing the infected (which won't get rid of Ebola because it dosent reside exclusively in humans) is basically like crushing vials of cure under your heel.

Then again they are too stupid to understand this, or even how bad their own life choices are for themselves because of the aforementioned affliction.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: