Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

Depends how the US handle it - in the UK, a patient who came back with the disease was isolated immediately and sent to the hospital which I study in and he made a full recovery.

A cure/treatment needs to be found, but it's easier said than done. Don't forget that hygiene in the (what was) endemic areas of Africa is hardly at American standards so bodily fluids could easily come in contact to infect a person. :)
Reminds me of the *** article http://www.theonion.com/articles/expert ... awa,36580/

In reality, due to the nature of medical research being for profit and not for the good of humanity at least in the USA, it is criminal how little was done to actually try and solve this problem.

And while it is true that it is not airborne, and will likely remain so, saying it is not highly contagious is misleading to laypeople. The fact over 150 health professionals fighting the disease have died is about as much 'proof' one needs to see this disease is very close to wiping out millions around the world. The CDC went from saying it was low risk to saying currently as many as 1.4 million could contract it by January if measures aren't taken.

All it would take is a single sick person riding the insanely overcrowded subway system in a major city to create thousands of contacts the cdc could never hope to control.

People alive today don't remember that diseases are serious and can kill millions in a single epidemic. Best case here is people are shocked into understanding it is a real problem and will put the proper global funding and effort in before millions pay the highest price.

It reminds me of the comet that exploded over Chelyabinsk last year. It was almost a major disaster that helped laypeople understand these strikes are real and need to be monitored globally.
Last edited by Plus3 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

It is obvious that the ebola desease will infiltrate the USA and many other countries , but we can just be carefull of what we r doing, and dont blâme the poor africans cuz this is really beyond their power to control such a desease.
The reason the disease is transferred so easily in Africa is due to their culture. It is common to touch the dead bodies during rituals. They also eat the source of ebola(a kind of bat).
The source of ebola has not been found.... Doing that "ritual" is just a way of transmitting. Please cite your sources
If it is this explain to us why 150ish professionally trained and equipped health workers have already died. Are they eating the dead too? The reality is the slightest touch or wet sneeze during the right window of time means a very high chance you get it as well.

In reality millions are going to die unless extreme measures are taken now. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/24/he ... rrer=&_r=0
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

According to what ive heard it can infect others usually with blood contact and since u die very fast from it its not easily infected by others. The Ebola seems scary as hell to me, mostly since it doesnt have a cure yet and i truly hope it wont get to Israel without a cure, gl Americans and stay safe.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

We aren't all going to die, the disease is spread through bodily waste, it spreads so quickly in Africa because the people there tebd to uhm... do their buisness... in places like rivers, dams etc.

With proper hygiene it shouldn't be able to spread.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

We aren't all going to die, the disease is spread through bodily waste, it spreads so quickly in Africa because the people there tebd to uhm... do their buisness... in places like rivers, dams etc.

It is transferred via any bodily fluid in the later stages. They could be sweating and if you get it on your skin and you could get it.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

Well its doubtful any human alive is immortal.

It spreads extremely easily through bodily contact, sneezing, vomiting due to microscopic amounts of fluid transfer. While the doctors and health care workers aren't working in perfect conditions, the fact around 150 have died already shows beyond a doubt it is extremely contagious despite using bleach when washing your hands, using basic masks, and basic gloves.

If it was easy to contain the cdc wouldn't be saying 1.4 million will get it within 4 months unless extreme measures are taken.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Depends how the US handle it - in the UK, a patient who came back with the disease was isolated immediately and sent to the hospital which I study in and he made a full recovery.

A cure/treatment needs to be found, but it's easier said than done. Don't forget that hygiene in the (what was) endemic areas of Africa is hardly at American standards so bodily fluids could easily come in contact to infect a person. :)
Almost the complete opposite in the US Vold. There is an Ebola case in Texas. Apparantly the hospital that the infected guy just gave him antibiotics sent him home after the fact that he said he came from Liberia. During that time hes been in contact with about 80 people, 5-6 being 5 year olds. Thats a possible massive outbreak right there. Its kind of scary even though I dont live there.

The CDC has confronted all the people who say theyve had contact and have put them in isolation... so lets hope it doesnt spread any further.
Last edited by Piilys on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herne

Kazuto- DPS Ranger - lvl 201
Kazut0- Lure Mage - lvl 120

Lazy Drunks

Formerly of Infection