Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How do you pronounce Celtic?

Keltic, it sound better imo :p

And, for greeks atleast there wasn't a letter K, so a c made a K sound (Julias Ceaser is Julias Keiser, a Keiser (the pribounciation) i have found to mean a king (or similar) although i might be wrong!)
There is no letter c in Greek but there is a letter K - Caesar is Καίσαρ in Greek, with the beginning K sounding like a K would :)

I used to say Seltic but I'm trying to get myself to say Keltic now the trailer said it haha
Yeah I originally pronounced it Seltic... fixed it lol
Obey the Nightmaster

The actual pronunciation was originally Keltic.

"Keltic" is the way the word was pronounced long ago; the Greeks used their equivalent of a letter K, and in Classical Latin the letter C always makes a K sound.

By the middle ages C before an E, I or Y was pronounced like an S in several languages, so the Seltic pronunciation started to be used.

In today's language it's actually supposed to be pronounced Seltic.

City
Cement
Ceased
Cells
Cent
Ceiling
Cyclone
Cyanide

As soon as there's no e, i or y in the second letter of the word we instantly start with a K.

Cat
Car
Coven
Conjurer

Despite this i will always pronounce it Keltic.
Last edited by Demised on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

The actual pronunciation was originally Keltic.

"Keltic" is the way the word was pronounced long ago; the Greeks used their equivalent of a letter K, and in Classical Latin the letter C always makes a K sound.

By the middle ages C before an E, I or Y was pronounced like an S in several languages, so the Seltic pronunciation started to be used.

In today's language it's actually supposed to be pronounced Seltic.

City
Cement
Ceased
Cells
Cent
Ceiling
Cyclone
Cyanide

As soon as there's no e, i or y in the second letter of the word we instantly start with a K.

Cat
Car
Coven
Conjurer

Despite this i will always pronounce it Keltic.
I think all you had to write is the end of your lesson ^..^