Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#1
Lol yes threequal isn't a thing so what.

Anyway, to plus3, so I assume that you still believe in leeches curing most diseases right? Because at one point that was thought to be the case and at that time could be considered "science".

It's the same for us, first of all, and I don't know wen you will get this through your thick skull, just because someone is chiristian, does not make them homophobic.

The same way that someone who is atheist, doesn't make someone a shallow douche, kinda of like you are but Vraelan isn't.

The bible has so many antiquated laws that you bring up that current Christians no longer have to follow because of Jesus Christs sacrifice. So educate yourself on that before making false claims.
Server: Arawn
Player: Phyzem:216Rogue
Player: Krypto:187-Rogue
Clan: Unit
http://www.youtube.com/mrappbee

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#2
Just going to add my post here and merge topics:
In life there are people, events, ideas, and so much more. The best part is that we have found a way to communicate such information; pure and neutral information. Information does not require insults and if you have to insult to make your point, then your information is most likely flawed.

In regards to a certain idea that evolution and the Big Bang are only theories; may I remind you that in science we differentiate between laws and theories by how much evidence and how much certainty. With all things considered, everything is a theory and we can not be certain about anything. It is, however, based on patterns and a preponderance of evidence that we choose to stabilise society and make progress.

The evidence I had listed for both were in another topic and I shall repost it here:
Big Bang: from http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astrono ... l#evidence
a) Large-scale homogeneity
b) Hubble diagram
c) Abundances of light elements
d) Existence of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation
e) Fluctuations in the CMBR
f) Large-scale structure of the universe
g) Age of stars
h) Evolution of galaxies
i) Time dilation in supernova brightness curves
j) Tolman tests
k) Sunyaev-Zel'dovich effect
l) Integrated Sachs-Wolfe effect
m) Dark Matter
n) Dark Energy
z) Consistency

Evolution:
a) Early behaviour
b) Genetics
c) Fossils
d) Dating

The only hard evidence I can come up with for the bible is the bible and that is a fallacy. Someone mentioned that it had some historical events written down and, therefore, the rest of it is truth. Well, Ancient Greek religious scripture, which we now call mythology, included some historically correct information. Does that make all of it truth?

Another reminder, we judge by a preponderance of the evidence. Therefore, even if a few things with religion is correct and has valid reasoning, other ideas have far greater evidence. The type of evidence that is physical, continuing, contains patterns, etc.
Image

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#3
Vraelan wrote:Just going to add my post here and merge topics:
In life there are people, events, ideas, and so much more. The best part is that we have found a way to communicate such information; pure and neutral information. Information does not require insults and if you have to insult to make your point, then your information is most likely flawed.

In regards to a certain idea that evolution and the Big Bang are only theories; may I remind you that in science we differentiate between laws and theories by how much evidence and how much certainty. With all things considered, everything is a theory and we can not be certain about anything. It is, however, based on patterns and a preponderance of evidence that we choose to stabilise society and make progress.

The evidence I had listed for both were in another topic and I shall repost it here:
Big Bang: from http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astrono ... l#evidence
a) Large-scale homogeneity
b) Hubble diagram
c) Abundances of light elements
d) Existence of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation
e) Fluctuations in the CMBR
f) Large-scale structure of the universe
g) Age of stars
h) Evolution of galaxies
i) Time dilation in supernova brightness curves
j) Tolman tests
k) Sunyaev-Zel'dovich effect
l) Integrated Sachs-Wolfe effect
m) Dark Matter
n) Dark Energy
z) Consistency

Evolution:
a) Early behaviour
b) Genetics
c) Fossils
d) Dating

The only hard evidence I can come up with for the bible is the bible and that is a fallacy. Someone mentioned that it had some historical events written down and, therefore, the rest of it is truth. Well, Ancient Greek religious scripture, which we now call mythology, included some historically correct information. Does that make all of it truth?

Another reminder, we judge by a preponderance of the evidence. Therefore, even if a few things with religion is correct and has valid reasoning, other ideas have far greater evidence. The type of evidence that is physical, continuing, contains patterns, etc.

Im not 100% sure a out the rest, but dark mater DOES NOT exist. Its a made up energy that cant be seen. Therefore, it cannot be proven, nor repeatable, Which makes this a failed hypothesis.

Many other ideas are made up by atheists scientists, which cannot be proven in any way.

You say gravity is less provable then evolution? Gravity is observable to the naked eye, and is also repeatable.Maybe the whole idea of how it works isnt clear yet, but the fact that we are attracted to the earth is very provable.
Evolution in the other hand, is not.

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#4
Oh! And also, MANY fossils scientists say that they were our primate ancestors, were proven wrong, and they were only a normal chimpanzee .
Some skeletons they've "found" were modifide body parts by the same scientists.
This is where science and christianity are equal. People try to add in FALSE information to be respected among that community. Dont believe in every thing christians AND atheists say.
(Some of these people are waaaay off.)

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#5
Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:Im not 100% sure a out the rest, but dark mater DOES NOT exist. Its a made up energy that cant be seen. Therefore, it cannot be proven, nor repeatable, Which makes this a failed hypothesis.

Again, I beg to differ: http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-4357/648 ... 2_L109.pdf

Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:Many other ideas are made up by atheists scientists, which cannot be proven in any way.

Anything that does not agree with religion is a conspiracy? Lol.

Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:You say gravity is less provable then evolution?

What? When?


Now, your turn for hard evidence.
Image

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#6
@ Vaerlan:

Yes, I dont know if it was pure3 or magixal, but one of you said that evolution is more probable then gravity.

No, Im not saying everything atheists say is a conspiracy. Im saying that some there are some theories evolutionists try to prove with fake, and modified evidence.

Atheists and christians can agree in many situations, but about evolution and the bigbang are what deffinetly separates us.
Last edited by Royalninja(LordRN) on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#7
Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:@ Vaerlan:

Yes, I dont know if it was pure3 or magixal, but one of you said that evolution is more probable then gravity.

Perhaps they meant the laws and theories surrounding gravity? Such as the impact of gravity upon magnetic fields or between terrestrial bodies?
Image

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#8
DarKnight wrote:Lol yes threequal isn't a thing so what.

Anyway, to plus3, so I assume that you still believe in leeches curing most diseases right? Because at one point that was thought to be the case and at that time could be considered "science".

It's the same for us, first of all, and I don't know wen you will get this through your thick skull, just because someone is chiristian, does not make them homophobic.

The same way that someone who is atheist, doesn't make someone a shallow douche, kinda of like you are but Vraelan isn't.

The bible has so many antiquated laws that you bring up that current Christians no longer have to follow because of Jesus Christs sacrifice. So educate yourself on that before making false claims.

Can you not read? I get that is a stereotype of republicans but I didnt think it was true... Community said on other post keep it polite,

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#9
Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:@ Vaerlan:

Yes, I dont know if it was pure3 or magixal, but one of you said that evolution is more probable then gravity.

No, Im not saying everything atheists say is a conspiracy. Im saying that some there are some theories evolutionists try to prove with fake, and modified evidence.

Atheists and christians can agree in many situations, but about evolution and the bigbang are what deffinetly separates us.

I believe it was plus that made that comment, he was however, true in a loose sense. In that we can see evolution occur (if you get a big ass microscope) but we can't do the same with gravity.

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

#10
Grr, I did not notice the edit. Sorry.

Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:No, Im not saying everything atheists say is a conspiracy. Im saying that some there are some theories evolutionists try to prove with fake, and modified evidence.

But that is where repetition and peer review comes in. False data and modified evidence does not last long, which is why we hear about such cases of modified evidence or incorrect conclusions.

Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:Atheists and christians can agree in many situations, but about evolution and the bigbang are what deffinetly separates us.

It does but it should not.

Picking and choosing what evidence you accept based on such beliefs will not get you anywhere. I believe in a high probability of evolution and the Big Bang not because I want to but because it is the most likely, as verified by hundreds if not thousands of scientists that include atheists and Christians.
Last edited by Vraelan on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests