Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What are your best punny moments?

Or your worst. Depending on whether or not you are willing to embarrass yourself again. Lol. But we all love puns, so it might be so bad of a pun it’s awesome. Could also be a pun you heard someone else say. Only rule is they have to be appropriate. [Edit 2: You can also post any puns that you’ve come across that you found funny ;)]

I have two punny moments that have always stuck to me. Unfortunately I can’t remember exactly how they go, but this is as close as I could get.

Here’s the first:

So some of my clannies were arguing about something that had to do with trees. This was my response: “Okay guys, stop barking and leaf each other alone. I mean, seriously, have we even figured out the root of the problem? You all should branch out your ideas. Otherwise someone is going to lose some limbs. ,-,“

Here’s the second:

So I went to a burger place with my family one Sunday for lunch. As my dad left to go pay for the food I got inspired by all the typical things you’d find in a burger place. I couldn’t help myself. “You know... I really hope Dad doesn’t leave without us. It’ll be hard to ketchup. Should we meat him at the counter? ‘cuz if he wants us there and we aren’t, I don’t want him kicking our buns. Yeah, lettuce go ahead and head over there... no? Okay. It’s really cold in here... I feel it in my head all the way down tomatoes.” Then I got my napkin stuck in my cup. I was trying to dig it out, and just when I gave up I said, “Alright, this is the last straw...”

Edit: I haven’t put down my worst punny moments because they were so bad I forced myself to forget them.
Last edited by Angmar Reid on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Re: What are your best punny moments?

I have a good habit of making bad puns (and vice versa), however they are all spur of the moment as conversations happen, so I rarely remember them.

That being said, this image is from part of a longer conversation that myself and a few of my coworkers had in our group chat one Friday afternoon a while ago, which I happened to screenshot to send to another friend.

This went on for a while (many more memes, jokes, and random hastily-edited images on that topic), but I only took the one screenshot :?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Zkills wrote:
Zkills wrote:Not as burned as those folks in the arena ;) (pun intended)

I don’t really do puns, but when I do they’re spicy (pun intended). I love being a mage

Hehe, yeah I see what you did there. ;)

Eragon123 wrote:I have a good habit of making bad puns (and vice versa), however they are all spur of the moment as conversations happen, so I rarely remember them.

That being said, this image is from part of a longer conversation that myself and a few of my coworkers had in our group chat one Friday afternoon a while ago, which I happened to screenshot to send to another friend.

This went on for a while (many more memes, jokes, and random hastily-edited images on that topic), but I only took the one screenshot :?

Lolol, those are great.

Oh goodness I wish I could remember some good ones, this thread is meant for me (king of dad jokes and puns right here), but for the life of me I can't think of any of my good ones. It's like Eragon said; it's all about the moment, I won't be able to remember the context now and even if I could, it wouldn't be as funny cause of the setup lol.

Here's a random I came across recently though lol

Pegasus (Lugh) Nosy blighter, aren't ya? lol-Signature and Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader (Warrior)Lethal Ninja (Rogue)
Doge Dandolo (Druid), Photon (Ranger), Shazaam (Mage), Staboteur (Rogue)
CH Community Discord, CH Database, Bitey's CH Guide, Deq the halls

Mind wrote:Oh goodness I wish I could remember some good ones, this thread is meant for me (king of dad jokes and puns right here), but for the life of me I can't think of any of my good ones. It's like Eragon said; it's all about the moment, I won't be able to remember the context now and even if I could, it wouldn't be as funny cause of the setup lol.

Here's a random I came across recently though lol

Hehe, that’s a good one :lol:

It’s true, puns are really all about the moment. If anyone wants to post puns they’ve come across they found funny I wouldn’t be opposed to it. :)

Angmar Reid wrote:Or your worst. Depending on whether or not you are willing to embarrass yourself again. Lol. But we all love puns, so it might be so bad of a pun it’s awesome. Could also be a pun you heard someone else say. Only rule is they have to be appropriate. [Edit 2: You can also post any puns that you’ve come across that you found funny ;)]

I have two punny moments that have always stuck to me. Unfortunately I can’t remember exactly how they go, but this is as close as I could get.

Here’s the first:

So some of my clannies were arguing about something that had to do with trees. This was my response: “Okay guys, stop barking and leaf each other alone. I mean, seriously, have we even figured out the root of the problem? You all should branch out your ideas. Otherwise someone is going to lose some limbs. ,-,“

Here’s the second:

So I went to a burger place with my family one Sunday for lunch. As my dad left to go pay for the food I got inspired by all the typical things you’d find in a burger place. I couldn’t help myself. “You know... I really hope Dad doesn’t leave without us. It’ll be hard to ketchup. Should we meat him at the counter? ‘cuz if he wants us there and we aren’t, I don’t want him kicking our buns. Yeah, lettuce go ahead and head over there... no? Okay. It’s really cold in here... I feel it in my head all the way down tomatoes.” Then I got my napkin stuck in my cup. I was trying to dig it out, and just when I gave up I said, “Alright, this is the last straw...”

Edit: I haven’t put down my worst punny moments because they were so bad I forced myself to forget them.

That's pretty clever, I like it!
I never done puns really, they remind me of dad jokes lol