Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Magic lure

Hey,

Sorry i’m new to this game. I’m building a mage, so far hybrid using ice shard and fire bolt, i was wondering if magic lure was covering both abilities (ice AND fire) or if its something totaly different. I have run into people asking me why i use it.... telling me thats a druid cast. If so why does it says it uses ice abilities and its id as a mage items ?

Selassie mage 80

Re: Magic lure

Hey,

Sorry i’m new to this game. I’m building a mage, so far hybrid using ice shard and fire bolt, i was wondering if magic lure was covering both abilities (ice AND fire) or if its something totaly different. I have run into people asking me why i use it.... telling me thats a druid cast. If so why does it says it uses ice abilities and its id as a mage items ?

Selassie mage 80
Lure of Magic reduces resistance against magic damage (the third type of elemental damage alongside fire and ice). Mages do not have any skills that deal magic damage, the only class that does is Druid. Skills like Lightning Strike, Strangling Vines and Storm Touch all deal magic damage.

When it says that it uses the Ice ability, that just means that the strength of the skill will scale slightly with your ice magic ability.

It's a mage item because an alternate path for mages is to be damage-support...helping other classes deal more damage. Mages also have lures of Giants (crush damage), Assassins (pierce damage) and Soldiers (slash damage), which help increase the other classes damage. Mages have the option of putting points in those skills to help the people they are leveling or fighting a boss with, even if it doesn't benefit the mage directly.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Rip Eragon beat me again :lol: ;)

But he got it exactly right :)
In this game there are 7 damage types, 3 elemental, 3 physical, and one “special.”
Elemental:
- fire
- ice
- magic
Physical:
- slash
- pierce
- crush
Special:
- poison
With the only real difference between physical and elemental being that elemental stats are pure damage, as in they don’t get affected by other stats such as strength. Meanwhile physical strays the stronger you are, as in the more strength your character has, the more damage the physical damage does. As for poison, it works like elemental damage but bosses usually have very low to no poison resist, making it a special damage type while operating like an elemental damage type.

As Eragon highlighted, mages along with being the main elemental dps (fire and ice), they also have the option of a side role to be a “lure monkey” in which they mostly use lure skills in order to help speed up raids and other boss fights. Another use that is just as common is typically a mage will put some points (usually about half what they have in their normal lure skill) into a support lure skill that matches the damage type of someone they lix with.

I hope this helps!
If you have any other questions Selassie feel free to ask :)
— Bob
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Thanks guys, reset skill then....
Also, keep in mind that a lure drops a mobs resistance to the type of damage. But that resistance can only be dropped to 0, so, particularly when grinding, you don’t need your primary lure to be maxed. Half max or slightly above that will often suffice. Max those nuke skills instead.

There are items that mages use that deal magic damage and can benefit from magic lure, but those are a ways away from where you are now.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Mages do not have any skills that deal magic damage, the only class that does is Druid. Skills like Lightning Strike, Strangling Vines and Storm Touch all deal magic damage.

When it says that it uses the Ice ability, that just means that the strength of the skill will scale slightly with your ice magic ability.

It's a mage item because an alternate path for mages is to be damage-support...helping other classes deal more damage. Mages also have lures of Giants (crush damage), Assassins (pierce damage) and Soldiers (slash damage), which help increase the other classes damage. Mages have the option of putting points in those skills to help the people they are leveling or fighting a boss with, even if it doesn't benefit the mage directly.
This is absolutely correct, but I'd like to add that mages, especially eg, can get weapons that deal magic damage. For example, my Void Wand of Necral Chill does magic damage as well as boosting shards and blast by up to 2400. It's a skill, not a proc. Mages should only be auto if their weap has a proc, like dl/edl, else your cast will be interrupted everytime you step forward to cast a shorter range spell and that can cost you the lock.