Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New mage

On the contrary, you've been most helpful bob. I didn't know of anybody else on Epona other than 7/stormy, and it seems connections are even more important on Epona and a few more should help. Interesting note about clans on Epona, I noticed there are many more clanless people, but also smaller clans I know nothing about, or their players. It also seems that no clans on Epona are ever recruiting :)

Anyway, thanks for your insight.

Got another question to throw your guy's way. I've been following a leveling (mostly) to level up as efficiently as possible, and I just hit 80, and they recommend pirate lootmasters. Now I've been in the "pirate cove" with barrels and stuff, plus on the island but I can't find them. Usually there are four stars on the island, and sometimes three and two's.

So where would you guys recommend leveling around 80 and if it's lootmasters, where are they? Also I'm thinking I might start lixing for the first time (at least a couple). Would you guys say to get a partner if I can? Or does solo work better. Are there any benefits to lixing with a slightly higher, or lower level player? Or is same level the best.

Got another question to throw your guy's way. I've been following a leveling (mostly) to level up as efficiently as possible, and I just hit 80, and they recommend pirate lootmasters. Now I've been in the "pirate cove" with barrels and stuff, plus on the island but I can't find them. Usually there are four stars on the island, and sometimes three and two's.

So where would you guys recommend leveling around 80 and if it's lootmasters, where are they? Also I'm thinking I might start lixing for the first time (at least a couple). Would you guys say to get a partner if I can? Or does solo work better. Are there any benefits to lixing with a slightly higher, or lower level player? Or is same level the best.
For level 80 I usually recommend the level 85 pirates, I’m not sure if they are called lootmasters though. To find these level 85 pirates go left from the pirate keystone along that side of the cove into the tunnel at the very end and it should be the first room on the right.

The other rooms at the end of that tunnel are level 85-89 pirates and I will usually level in these 3 rooms until 88 where I go to the scorpions in Carrowmore or the trees in the other world.

Another alternative path would be to do the OW questline that starts up at level 80 and runs through 140. You can pick this up at the first ley in OW.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Ok, thanks again. Ya, I've never been that far into the cave, I did bounties all the way there once, but got ambushed by pirates before I saw any rooms. I don't remember the main OW quest though, do you remember the first objectives?
I can’t remember what the first objectives are, the furthest I have gotten into the quest was around 105 before I just lixed instead :?
But here is where the quest is and other details that may help you find it:

Bob The God

Ok, yes I have started that one. Funny thing is the second thing it asks you to do is go to fingals cave, which is where I'm at, so I wasn't sure that it was the main OW quest. What would you say about lixing and partners? Also I was looking at master grim and focus of the seer, and I'm kinda confused why people get the focus. 100vit and 100foc is essentially the same as 200foc, you just dump vit for foc if you have grim. There is a little more regen, but I don't see how it's worth an extra 100 to 150k. Would you get the focus over grim?

Ok, yes I have started that one. Funny thing is the second thing it asks you to do is go to fingals cave, which is where I'm at, so I wasn't sure that it was the main OW quest. What would you say about lixing and partners? Also I was looking at master grim and focus of the seer, and I'm kinda confused why people get the focus. 100vit and 100foc is essentially the same as 200foc, you just dump vit for foc if you have grim. There is a little more regen, but I don't see how it's worth an extra 100 to 150k. Would you get the focus over grim?
Small correction to your comments about the masters grim and focus of the seer.
Masters grimoire provides 100 health and 100 focus, however health and vitality are not the same thing. Health is to vitality what energy is to focus in that 1 vitality is 6 health and 1 focus is 6 energy. Thus the master grimoire gives 100 focus and the equivalent of 17 vitality.
The reason I would advise seer would be cost per stat point. Seer can be bought used for 250k, whereas grim is usually 150-160k. Seer is 200 focus, grim is 100.
Seer comes to 1250 gold per focus and grim is 1500 gold per focus.

Another investment that could be made would be to save for a dark grimoire of frost/flame from aggragoth (aka aggy). The cost of these varies server to server but I usually see them go for 50-150k and the stat for the dark version is 125 focus, 100 fire/Ice magic, and level 110 requirement, main hand slot.

For lixing, lixing gets boring (or so i’m told by many players :lol: ;) ) but it does provide the quickest way to level up if you can afford the cost of it. Lixing loses its value if you need to stop between mobs to regen or heal, and as such restos and energy lixs are usually needed.
While the questline isn’t as quick as lixing, you make money doing it and don’t need to worry about rushing and thus can avoid extra costs. At the same time it’s reasonably quick and helps to guide newer players through the different zones of the game.
Bob The God

Small correction to your comments about the masters grim and focus of the seer.
Masters grimoire provides 100 health and 100 focus, however health and vitality are not the same thing. Health is to vitality what energy is to focus in that 1 vitality is 6 health and 1 focus is 6 energy. Thus the master grimoire gives 100 focus and the equivalent of 17 vitality.
The reason I would advise seer would be cost per stat point. Seer can be bought used for 250k, whereas grim is usually 150-160k. Seer is 200 focus, grim is 100.
Seer comes to 1250 gold per focus and grim is 1500 gold per focus.

Another investment that could be made would be to save for a dark grimoire of frost/flame from aggragoth (aka aggy). The cost of these varies server to server but I usually see them go for 50-150k and the stat for the dark version is 125 focus, 100 fire/Ice magic, and level 110 requirement, main hand slot.

For lixing, lixing gets boring (or so i’m told by many players :lol: ;) ) but it does provide the quickest way to level up if you can afford the cost of it. Lixing loses its value if you need to stop between mobs to regen or heal, and as such restos and energy lixs are usually needed.
While the questline isn’t as quick as lixing, you make money doing it and don’t need to worry about rushing and thus can avoid extra costs. At the same time it’s reasonably quick and helps to guide newer players through the different zones of the game.
Yes, you are correct. My mistake, health not vit. Hopefully I will be able to get seer, and I will look for dark :) Luckily a couple of nice people gave me some restos, reg. and other lixs so my first few runs will have been sponsored. I will likely just do some when I need to level up to get the next quest, I don't plan to make it a habit while there are quests to done. The quest line also gives you some restos and knowledge, so that's nice though it might just be a ploy to get you hooked...

Another question for you guys. Is dark grim of flame better than the health version? I used swans fire bolt calculator and it really only adds 10 or so damage, it should evade less I suppose, but I doubt it would be noticeable. So would you say 100hp or 100 fire magic is better?

Another question for you guys. Is dark grim of flame better than the health version? I used swans fire bolt calculator and it really only adds 10 or so damage, it should evade less I suppose, but I doubt it would be noticeable. So would you say 100hp or 100 fire magic is better?
is it better, yes, by how much, not by enough to pay a lot more for it.
If you can get the fire magic one for the same price or close to it then I would do that, but if there is a big price difference go for the cheaper one.
Bob The God