Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage question

Umm Hello! so it comes to my mind to try out mage and I'm loving it with using fire skills. My question is does 3 foc/2 vit stat distribution applies every level or i should change it when I reach a certain level? Also should I use regens if I can't purchase sigils?

Thats all my questions on my mind.

Thank you! :)
"I have a power of 10 hands"

Re: Mage question

Add vit until you don’t need any more health, and rest into focus. The 3:2 is way too generic and would only be relevant if everyone had the same gear.

You can either use regen gear or pop energy/health lixes.

Would definitely recommend getting a few hundred e digs over time though.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

As stated above, only as much health as you need to live.
- The point of this is that you can end the fighter quicker, and therefore take less damage(from being hit less) with higher spell dmg

If you want to save even more hp, learn the ins and outs of energy shield, and use the hit n run tactic.
- Since you only attack with spells(unless you are an automage), there should be no reason to stand and let the enemy hit you, create distance if it's safe to do so to reduce dmg taken(they have to run to you to hit you)

For regen... I always opted for health regen lux over energy regen lux(if any lux), because mages have so much energy that the amount they give is better catered for melee classes

The way I got my energy regen was through the skill energy boost, which regens energy even in combat for 45 seconds. You would need some extra points for this but its worth it if you can pull it off. Energy elixirs should do the trick too, if you have the gold for it.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

if you're group leveling i think hp around 3.5k(lvl 200-220) will be fine. U wont need any regen lux, just use e lixes.
only downside of group leveling is u ll have to wait for others to be free to lix
zkiiii lvl 220 mage
desi ranger, lvl193 ranger
member of PEGASUS, LUGH
server EPONA
zkiii lvl145 mage
member of EVIL CLOWNS
GOD AMONG NUBS

Thanks for the help guys!

But... what should be my health when I hit carrow? like level 140+? For now I always upgrade my focus every level

Also should I change my gear? I use savage warthog 85% speed with 30 hp/energy regen with heroic ammy and 10 per tick hp and energy bracelets(OW Bracelets). My rings are all for increasing skill points like firebolts and fire attune. (Finding a nice +3 or above firestorm though)

Currently level 93 but getting 100 or more this week.

Thanks again! :)

EDIT: I am leveling solo :)
"I have a power of 10 hands"

Meh, I have always used the 3 focus 2 vitality build for leveling up till around 150.
Maybe it’s cuz I’m lazy :P
But ya Armo and everyone else is right though that for mages all you need is enough health to survive and rest in focus, however at the same time if you aren’t able to find that sweet spot I have found that the 3 focus 2 vitality build works really well as a baseline and minor adjustments can be made from there.
Typically after 150 though most mages will switch to a 4 focus 1 vitality build UNLESS they are solo lixing (bolgs suck :/ ).

Anyways for leveling I wouldn’t worry too much about your build or sticking within certain numbers. None of that really matters until EG, but at EG pretty much any DPS mage is just full focus.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Thanks for the help guys!

But... what should be my health when I hit carrow? like level 140+? For now I always upgrade my focus every level

Also should I change my gear? I use savage warthog 85% speed with 30 hp/energy regen with heroic ammy and 10 per tick hp and energy bracelets(OW Bracelets). My rings are all for increasing skill points like firebolts and fire attune. (Finding a nice +3 or above firestorm though)

Currently level 93 but getting 100 or more this week.

Thanks again! :)

EDIT: I am leveling solo :)
As someone said earlier, you would be better off using e lixes than regen lux. Mages have too much energy for regen to be hugely effective so I would generally focus on skill point lux at your level instead, also try to get hold of an aggy fire grim and a level 100 offhand if you can.

Agree with Bob the 3:2 works as a general ratio, start with that and then every time you level just consider whether you could use a little more hp (i.e. are you dying too easily) or can throw it all to focus. As you solo make sure to have a decent amount of points in eshield and you should be fine with the boggans. Try to get the armour quest sets too as they will give you a big survivability bump or if you somehow have a load of spare gold hanging around then I tend to waste some combos if i'm soloing because im super lazy and it makes the whole thing much easier.
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

As another person who soloed, I may be able to help with this.

I leveled 1-190 in 2013, solo, with 63 hp 1-110, and roughly 1.5k 110-190.
- This was through e shield and bear helm play though

Today's gear, crits, and all the new stuff should make it easier on you.

Here's some advice-
If you are looking for focus gear, look for vit gear as well, since vit can be rebirthed into more focus unless full focus
Don't stand around when you fight something, space out the enemy unless it is unsafe to do so
Bear helms are extremely helpful if you find the right ones
Shields are generally better then focuses
Lux mounts are good for leveling
Automage is good for leveling

And lastly and most importantly, stack damage until you find yourself at an issue of needing to fix it, then do so and repeat.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I've done 4:1 until my health was at 3k and from there rest was in focus but from 200 I used a shield til 220
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu