Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

I20-150 build advice please!

I'm a noob mage (110 ATM)

At lvl 120 I'll have the gear to Max ice shards.

I'll also have the gear to get cloak of fire to 44.

I have as shadow ice and void fire Aggy books

I'm on Epona and will buy plat at anniversary.

I could get ascendant archfiend wings 2.5m
(85% speed, 80/80 Regen, 600 shield wall for 15 sec, 250 armor, 1500 mgc dmg proc, 30 phys, 150 heat dmg.)

So my questions are:

1. Should I go ice or fire + maxed shards?

2. Should I use wings at 150 for convince lvling and not needing eboost and 150 offhand or is dps trade off too huge?

3. Should I use cloak of fire since I have gear for it? And how much dmg will it add roughly?
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Re: I20-150 build advice please!

You are on Epona? I have some good mage gear around your level. But anyway, I'll enlighten you a bit. I don't have much info on mages, but I can tell you that fire mate will be the easiest to level, if you get end game, then you may want to switch to ice. But for now, you should do fire mage. Focus on maxing fire bolt, firestorm, fire attunment, and fire lure, after those I'd probably go with a support lure to help your lixing partner, if you have a partner, otherwise do e shield. Don't worry about those wings, I don't think they will be worth it to you.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

(85% speed, 80/80 Regen, 600 shield wall for 15 sec, 250 armor, 1500 mgc dmg proc, 30 phys, 150 heat dmg.)

So my questions are:

2. Should I use wings at 150 for convince lvling and not needing eboost and 150 offhand or is dps trade off too huge?

3. Should I use cloak of fire since I have gear for it? And how much dmg will it add roughly?
1) up to you really. However, fire is a lot easier for leveling (all around agreed, it just is because of faster cool downs so evasions have less of an impact, also ice isn’t really decent till EG).
If you wanted to go fire I have a fire mage guide linked in my signature :)

2) e regen does nothing, like absolutely nothing. If you are struggling for energy I’d say either invest in energy sigils (which you will have to do eventually anyways) or (really and) use energy regen lixs. Wings look cool and maybe could save you a travel in some areas, but you do lose DPS as well as focus (which means less energy). All around you shouldn’t use a mount for leveling past 100 imo.

3) cloak sucks unfortunately. Mages can’t take the damage in autos it would take for the skill to be effective. Better to use energy shield and blast mobs to pieces with your dps skills.
If you wanted to build an auto mage cloak can be useful, but I don’t recommend either of these unless you just wana fool around with diff builds and skills.

If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm and I’ll get back to you ASAP :-)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

So my questions are:

1) up to you really. However, fire is a lot easier for leveling (all around agreed, it just is because of faster cool downs so evasions have less of an impact, also ice isn’t really decent till EG).
If you wanted to go fire I have a fire mage guide linked in my signature :)

2) e regen does nothing, like absolutely nothing. If you are struggling for energy I’d say either invest in energy sigils (which you will have to do eventually anyways) or (really and) use energy regen lixs. Wings look cool and maybe could save you a travel in some areas, but you do lose DPS as well as focus (which means less energy). All around you shouldn’t use a mount for leveling past 100 imo.

3) cloak sucks unfortunately. Mages can’t take the damage in autos it would take for the skill to be effective. Better to use energy shield and blast mobs to pieces with your dps skills.
If you wanted to build an auto mage cloak can be useful, but I don’t recommend either of these unless you just wana fool around with diff builds and skills.

If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm and I’ll get back to you ASAP :-)
Thanks a ton! I'm sure you will hear from me before too long. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.