Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage Balance Changes

I went through all the posts in this thread and the divine attunement idea was really good. In mage dl/edl offhands replace the divine damage skill with a divine attunement which can be cast every 1 min or 90 seconds. It would add up to 2k divine damage (for example) to shards, blast when combined with ice attunement and bolt, firestorm when combined with fire attunement however it won't stack with the buff already provided by the elemental attunements. DL offhand would add a certain value then the EDL offhand skill would add a little more. I haven't used the dl offhand yet but I've heard from some people it doesn't do much for dps at endgame compared to rangers and rogues. All other classes have a divine offhand skill to match each other's strengths, so we should have something like that too.
Only issue is that the shards blast number needs to be appropriately scaled higher due to longer CD/cast time.
I’m still a big fan of divine attunement, although there is also a movement towards a % based amount to take into account that better Rangers/rogues through more attack gear and divine rings etc have more DPS on bosses than other rangers/rogues and thus maybe divine damage should scale with strength of your mage as well.
I think divine aftunement is better balanced but either would excite me to see included in the game.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Mage Balance Changes

I went through all the posts in this thread and the divine attunement idea was really good. In mage dl/edl offhands replace the divine damage skill with a divine attunement which can be cast every 1 min or 90 seconds. It would add up to 2k divine damage (for example) to shards, blast when combined with ice attunement and bolt, firestorm when combined with fire attunement however it won't stack with the buff already provided by the elemental attunements. DL offhand would add a certain value then the EDL offhand skill would add a little more. I haven't used the dl offhand yet but I've heard from some people it doesn't do much for dps at endgame compared to rangers and rogues. All other classes have a divine offhand skill to match each other's strengths, so we should have something like that too.
Only issue is that the shards blast number needs to be appropriately scaled higher due to longer CD/cast time.
I’m still a big fan of divine attunement, although there is also a movement towards a % based amount to take into account that better Rangers/rogues through more attack gear and divine rings etc have more DPS on bosses than other rangers/rogues and thus maybe divine damage should scale with strength of your mage as well.
I think divine aftunement is better balanced but either would excite me to see included in the game.
I am not sure about endgame well, yet, but I have participated in a few BT raids of the endgame clan in our server (mostly before actually joining the clan) and I could see that mages skill hits were not too bad. So divine attunement would actually make the skills hit and wouldn't be a bad addition at all, even for ice mages, considering we get the biggest skill hits (most of the times). There is also CDR gear to consider; I haven't done the math and honestly, I don't want to, it'd be pretty tedious. If we do get the divine attunement skill, it'd open the way to more possibilities. As you've mentioned many times before, mage as a class is one of the most interesting classes in the game. We really have lots of options, and just DPS wouldn't make us amazing. However, I don't like the '%' suggestion personally, just an opinion though.