Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: I need your help! || Data collection for Ice Mage gear ranking

It is definitely a valid point and flaw in my statement however for practical consideration and data test purposes ice is indeed more effected by the cooldown and thus a ring order will be dependent on CD and other gear. Two fairly well established rings can easily be swapped in effectiveness based on CD combinations which isnt as much of a factor with fire gear and thus makes a ranking chart for ice a difficult thing.
What I was trying to get at and based off the topic is that cooldown effects ice gear more not because of longer cooldowns* but rather longer casting times. casting times with ice cause alot of overlap but the amount of overlap is directly related to how they match up with CD percentages as I gave an example of from when i switched between 25 and 30 shards CD. Was def an error in posting haha I got myself a lil sidetracked viewing experimental rather then theoretical data.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

It is definitely a valid point and flaw in my statement however for practical consideration and data test purposes ice is indeed more effected by the cooldown and thus a ring order will be dependent on CD and other gear. Two fairly well established rings can easily be swapped in effectiveness based on CD combinations which isnt as much of a factor with fire gear and thus makes a ranking chart for ice a difficult thing.
What I was trying to get at and based off the topic is that cooldown effects ice gear more not because of longer cooldowns* but rather longer casting times. casting times with ice cause alot of overlap but the amount of overlap is directly related to how they match up with CD percentages as I gave an example of from when i switched between 25 and 30 shards CD. Was def an error in posting haha I got myself a lil sidetracked viewing experimental rather then theoretical data.
Ahh gotcha
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

UPDATE - 2/26/18 || I need your help! || Data collection for Ice Mage gear ranking

Hey Mages,
I recently took a 20 day vacation away from the game to focus on real life stuff. Edited out stuff to start flame wars

Anyways, I was recently asked on a 3rd party group as to the status of my Ice Mage Gear Ranking, and I have to admit I have not made any progress other than the initial data collection. This week starts midterms for me (yay... :cry: ) so I am unsure of how much time I will have to work on it, but I have spring break ( :D ) the following week and I plan to publish the data then.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you to those who have submitted data for me to look over. If you still wanted to contribute the link is still active.

-Bob
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

There will never be a 100% accurate when it comes to dps haha i did the servery wish you luck in that regard

For ice consider casting times are significantly longer and thus the impact of CD changes is much higher

A calculator is used to compare an items effect with consideration to the build as a whole (necro rings become replaced by direct rings in effect as you progress and add higher CD and more foc and ability which reduces necro rings effect) which is why its my personal preference, however there are many ways to find how items correspond to different builds.
Doesn't ice magic also plateus so surely the effects of necro rings will drastically vary if u have dg or not?
Hi

There will never be a 100% accurate when it comes to dps haha i did the servery wish you luck in that regard

For ice consider casting times are significantly longer and thus the impact of CD changes is much higher

A calculator is used to compare an items effect with consideration to the build as a whole (necro rings become replaced by direct rings in effect as you progress and add higher CD and more foc and ability which reduces necro rings effect) which is why its my personal preference, however there are many ways to find how items correspond to different builds.
Doesn't ice magic also plateus so surely the effects of necro rings will drastically vary if u have dg or not?
Yes, but I wouldn't use drastically. Ice magic damage gains are already pretty low endgame, and like how attack has a moving plateau, so does the accuracy bonus of ice magic as well.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Yes, but I wouldn't use drastically. Ice magic damage gains are already pretty low endgame, and like how attack has a moving plateau, so does the accuracy bonus of ice magic as well.
That’s not the most accurate way of describing the ice magic role in accuracy of skills. While it does help it plays a much less significant role compared to attack. With 7k fire magic I still have around the same evasions I had at 5k and at 4K. While I may have a slight advantage, the real advantage is the impact it has on my damage.
Bob The God

With 7k fire magic I still have around the same evasions I had at 5k and at 4K. While I may have a slight advantage, the real advantage is the impact it has on my damage.
More importantly it means you have a nice Pierce lure for the DPS ;)
I don’t use pierce lure in current set up. I keep freeze for gele instead as my support skill, but if I ever get DG i’ll prob end up swapping freeze for pierce cuz it’s impossible to run freeze really one DG, and my DPS would be better for Xtals.

While pierce lure helps, it’s the same as expose. Not all rogues use expose, rather barely any do. So why assume all mages should use pierce?
Bob The God