Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Best Build for Endgame Ice Mage

Yes recast braces if u have gele wand are necessary. For ammy and misc godly Horfrost Riviere and Runestone are best for dps however if you need skill points then godly osan ammy is also a good option
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

With your 2 ice skills securing cooldown gear, you should finish your setup by having a bolt cd. Alot of ice mages skip this unfortunately. If ice cooldowns come from braces then your bolt cd should come from a charm or skull. Use ice gele shards wand/hoarfrost charm instead of the bolt skull/charm respectively on bosses totally weak to ice like rev, crag, 210 dragon etc. And you must carry frostbite. All the top ice mages I've trained in my clan had 5 dps skills, one even had 6. You need exceptional swaps

With rings keep 1 royal+(foc vit, only ice has this combo fire doesn't) necro ring permanently but 2 shards gele ring along with it as well. You will have to swap rings for blast and bolt in addition.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

With your 2 ice skills securing cooldown gear, you should finish your setup by having a bolt cd. Alot of ice mages skip this unfortunately. If ice cooldowns come from braces then your bolt cd should come from a charm or skull. Use ice gele shards wand/hoarfrost charm instead of the bolt skull/charm respectively on bosses totally weak to ice like rev, crag, 210 dragon etc. And you must carry frostbite. All the top ice mages I've trained in my clan had 5 dps skills, one even had 6. You need exceptional swaps

With rings keep 1 royal+(foc vit, only ice has this combo fire doesn't) necro ring permanently but 2 shards gele ring along with it as well. You will have to swap rings for blast and bolt in addition.
Perhaps I've been doing it wrong, but I've always had issues trying to swap for Shards/Blast... It's likely a lot easier to just keep Shards/Blast maxed thru gear, and swap out top ring for lure/frostbite/att/shield rings in their appropriate times.
Also a huge +1 to bolt cd... I got a firebolt cd misc before I got any ice cd gear, and my firebolt is pretty much my auto between ice skills. Between Lure/Shards/Blast/Bolt (with only 15% bolt cd misc), I'm stuck useless on cd for like half a second maybe once every four Shards casts (my landmark for dps). With the new 30% necro brace I just got, I doubt I'll ever be stuck on cd when I alt back to Bolt... (Been carrying pierce lure for plvling alts)
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Hello Guys,
I'm Sn0wflake 228 Mage from Rosmertha and would like to ask any others endgame icemages out there for the best guild they found out.
I can tell u my build atm and what I thing is best.

As amor and weapons I'm using

Edl offhand
Shadow Wand of lunar blast
Dg gloves
Shadow helm of Secrets
Edl amor other pieces
(I know occult mix would be more dmg but I prefer to stay alive then doing a bit more dmg with my shards)

For Jewelerry I'm using

Osan's Flaming Ruby Necklace
Skain Shrivewood Charm ( cause I can't find a Dmg event charm with iceblast )
Goldy recast brace 30% iceshards
Goldly Modris iceblast brace (trying to get a 30% blast recast instead )
Goldy nercal ring of endless night
Royal gele blast ring
Majestic gele blast ring
Imperial spider shards ring ( to max shards)

Any opinions or your setup ?
you said best so here we go

Full doch
Void gele shards wep
EDL offand
Godly frost riverie ammy
Godly emberdrake shards recast
Godly ice blast recast brace
Godly ice shards/iceblast/firebolt mord braces (hot swap them)
x2 godly ice shard gele rings
x1 godly ice blast ring
x1 firebolt/ice shards/ice blast/ice attune/incinerate hotbar rings
Max wolf mount
Max bunny

Skills: Ice attune, Ice shards, Ice blast, Firebolt,, incinerate, ice lure, edl skill, pet, mount skills
DPS fire mages use ice shards so a dps ice mage should use firebolt so it wont run out of skills too often.
Always use an ice skill over firebolt when both ready
I say incinerate cuz attune makes no difference and its extra damage. Just max fire abillity.
Anything different to this is reduction of dps
Last edited by Corrupt on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi

I've noticed that casters using 2-3 permanent gele skill rings and swapping another yields the best results for mages on my server. Why? Because 80 focus and 800 ice magic will not boost your damage by more than 300 points per skill, and a good gele shards ring will boost your shards by 900 points.. better than 300 into that skill from a necro ability ring. You would want to swap mord damage bracers and wear as much CD gear as possible.

Basically, get your skills as good as possible.
i agree with high tier gele rings being better after a point but rember that a godly endless night will not only add to shards damage but to blast, frostbite, bolt, (if u use) attun, and lure aswell so the difference isnt that simple you would have to run a total dps calculation to find which is best
I'm not an ice mage so I stayed out of this thread mostly, but Krummy is accurate on this. However, if my notion is accurate haven't done math to prove, a royal+ ice shard gele ring should be superior to the endless night ring.
this is true however remember the points would allow another skill to be used
Hi

How to build endgame ice mage:

Step 1: use alt book

Step 2: skill as fire mage
Is that what you do for 210 smolach?
As long as a fire mage has ice shard as part of its skill line up it can do decent at smolach. I have an iceshard necro CD brace and occ gloves, switch to those 2 and my dps isn't aweful.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at