Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Should I buy a War Bear?

Choosing a Wolf might seems obvious because of the Focus boost, but don’t know, I don’t really like the idea of buying a War Wolf. It would give me „just” Focus since I don’t think I’m in need of another damage skill. I like the Vitality bonus/Resilience combo better, it would give me further survivability so I could stay alive longer, because I mostly play solo atm. True, Strength is the most useless stat as a Mage, Dexterity would give me some defence at least. As I said I mostly play solo atm, so I think I benefit more from a Bear than a Wolf, but in the future the Bear might became completely useless, behind the tank, spamming fireballs. Neither of them are perfect, so I’m curious about what other people thinks.

Thought about to wait until OTM will release a caster/support mount but since we know that the next one will be the Str/Dex Horse (which was surprising to me btw) I don’t want to wait additional months to start building a mount. I don’t have the gold to buy a non-token mount so that’s not an option.

I also don’t have a Pet. A Rabbit would be an easy, perfect choice but that doesn’t give me any bonus to my movement speed and as I advance in the game movement speed will become more and more crucial.

What do you think, what’s the best thing to do in this situation? Buy? Wait? Pet?

Re: Should I buy a War Bear?

Choosing a Wolf might seems obvious because of the Focus boost, but don’t know, I don’t really like the idea of buying a War Wolf. It would give me „just” Focus since I don’t think I’m in need of another damage skill. I like the Vitality bonus/Resilience combo better, it would give me further survivability so I could stay alive longer, because I mostly play solo atm. True, Strength is the most useless stat as a Mage, Dexterity would give me some defence at least. As I said I mostly play solo atm, so I think I benefit more from a Bear than a Wolf, but in the future the Bear might became completely useless, behind the tank, spamming fireballs. Neither of them are perfect, so I’m curious about what other people thinks.

Thought about to wait until OTM will release a caster/support mount but since we know that the next one will be the Str/Dex Horse (which was surprising to me btw) I don’t want to wait additional months to start building a mount. I don’t have the gold to buy a non-token mount so that’s not an option.

I also don’t have a Pet. A Rabbit would be an easy, perfect choice but that doesn’t give me any bonus to my movement speed and as I advance in the game movement speed will become more and more crucial.

What do you think, what’s the best thing to do in this situation? Buy? Wait? Pet?
I would advise just buy a standard old chest mount if all you want is the movement boost. Also either battlemounts I would think of them more so as investments throughout the game, as it is really costly to change your mind later. I bought a lvl 3 silver war wolf the other day with bounty tokens. Chose wolf because focus boost and the pierce dmg dps skill is nice, it’s insta cast which will prob help with locking in the future once I level the ability. I have known a mage that went with the war bear strategy but he is a pvp mage (best pvper on arawn). My answer would be it depends on you style. Are you more dps orientated, or do you prefer the mage that can survive.

Personally I chose the squishy mage model, but it’s all preference, no “correct” build. Squishy model is better for dps, but if you prefer the tankier model go for it.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

If you play long enough you might just get both :) Working on my bear mount now after completing wolf mount. I do like the squishy model as well. Massive focus and bigger boomz. Idols are cheap!!
my entire mentality lol, would rather hit 10k bolts and die every 30 seconds than hit 7k bolts and never die :twisted:
Bob The God

I would advise just buy a standard old chest mount if all you want is the movement boost. Also either battlemounts I would think of them more so as investments throughout the game, as it is really costly to change your mind later. I bought a lvl 3 silver war wolf the other day with bounty tokens. Chose wolf because focus boost and the pierce dmg dps skill is nice, it’s insta cast which will prob help with locking in the future once I level the ability. I have known a mage that went with the war bear strategy but he is a pvp mage (best pvper on arawn). My answer would be it depends on you style. Are you more dps orientated, or do you prefer the mage that can survive.

Personally I chose the squishy mage model, but it’s all preference, no “correct” build. Squishy model is better for dps, but if you prefer the tankier model go for it.
Whos this mage

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

Whos this mage
Castrolas
Bob The God