Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The best setup

as ice is generally the less favored element therefore getting gear may be eaiser at endgame.
This isn't inherently true. Most older players are ice and most newer players are fire. That is the real distinction, at least on my server. Ice needed to lock 210 205 edls as well. All in all it comes down to what clas you prefer. fire has higher DPS but lower hits.

#fireforlife
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Being an ice mage is also a viable option :p (can’t wait for armos reaction) but as for dps I will contest any fire mage on my server for kills where the fire and ice resistances are the same, also as ice is generally the less favored element therefore getting gear may be eaiser at endgame.
No you won't. Ice mage and fire mage with same gear equivalents on a boss with equal resists, fire mage wins that match up the skills reload double as fast as ice ones and do much more than half the damage.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Being an ice mage is also a viable option :p (can’t wait for armos reaction) but as for dps I will contest any fire mage on my server for kills where the fire and ice resistances are the same, also as ice is generally the less favored element therefore getting gear may be eaiser at endgame.
No you won't. Ice mage and fire mage with same gear equivalents on a boss with equal resists, fire mage wins that match up the skills reload double as fast as ice ones and do much more than half the damage.
^sadly true^
Back when I played they were basically equal, but then some unknown update came that made all attunes faster, and made firebolt instant cast again, but nothing was done to complement ice. So yes, fire is totally better now, except maybe in pvp.

Make ice great again...
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

My server doesn't really have a powerhouse EG Icemage atm. We had one building up but she quit early on into EG, had a second and he quit a bit ago, so we are on our third atm lol... She's good, but not as good as the other two yet due to item scarcity so idrk how bad the disparity between ice and fire is amongst closely geared mages.

Does anyone play on a server with a powerhouse fire and ice mage??
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

We have 5 dg mages, 3 ice and 2 fire. Last Halloween event, Osan kills were sorta equal between ice and fire mages and a dps druid even got one kill. Banebrands kills are also sometimes ice or fire mage kill, can't really say it favors one type or the other.

Guess it all depends on lucky crits. Before crits, fire mages always outdps ice mages, but when ice mages crit for 30-36k often, they're hard to beat.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

We have 5 dg mages, 3 ice and 2 fire. Last Halloween event, Osan kills were sorta equal between ice and fire mages and a dps druid even got one kill. Banebrands kills are also sometimes ice or fire mage kill, can't really say it favors one type or the other.

Guess it all depends on lucky crits. Before crits, fire mages always outdps ice mages, but when ice mages crit for 30-36k often, they're hard to beat.
Wouldn’t fire mages be criting more frequently as fire skills have faster recast times? Coupled with recast reductions you’d always be using a skill.
Wattzon of Sulis

Wouldn’t fire mages be criting more frequently as fire skills have faster recast times? Coupled with recast reductions you’d always be using a skill.
Crits are random. I could go for 20+ casts and not see a crit on my fire mage and someone else can crit 5x in 20 casts. You really can't measure crit damage as it's not a constant/fixed rate.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.