Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bob's Fire Mage Guide

At 150 I suggest you stop leveling and get your gear up ASAP. I was able to hit nearly 15k crits at level 150, and, although I never hit this, I believe the combined power of my fire attun and storm could have hit much higher, maybe even 20k. Level 39 firestorm, 50 fire attun, and 45 bolt, 34 incinerate-
Had I been level 180, I could have easily gotten all to level 50 with my ring and bracelet slots.
Not all somewhat new ppl are just able to gear up and hit those stats u listed. I mean a plus 5 or higher silverweb bolt or aggy bolt ring or good tier storm rings can be 200-500k ea on arawn. A plus 5/5 silverweb bolt shards misc i have seen multiple ppl turn down a mil for. And then theres the ammy which would also be a bit expensive. And even then if your in a good clan they wont have alot of top notch gear lying around, most likely already been claimed by someone else. This is just from my experience only at least. Anyways i just suggest to keep lvling, join a good active clan and help with bosses. Eventually the gear will come
So far all of the advice does sound good, as for getting gear yes as a new player I do not have the coins to buy all of that.
Not supposed to buy it. Just work on frozen/faerieland bosses and use celticheroes.info to find the locations of the Yule bosses that drop the firestorm rings and fireattun bracelets. You can also take it a step further and continuely check paradai for the chance of getting i believe +5 firestorm necky with focus and fire magic.

If you're in a good clan at 180, you can also equip mord and hrung gear and possibly a royal necro bracelet if your clan can get it, not to mention the silverweb charm of elements you can get by killing legacys

I very very very rarely buy out my gear, only when it's in ah. I don't search for sellers, but when I see one I take advantage. I geared my mage by farming for my fire attune rings, killing hundreds of frozen and faerieland bosses on spawn, and checking legacy bosses hourly. I was geared fully in under a month.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

And I'm not even going into the Proteus kills coz its not even a legit way of getting kills. A ranger or rogue always dominates prot kills.
No rogue should outdps a well geared mage. Only one rogue on all of arawn can out dps me, but james is a god so won't even go there. prot nerfs rogues bad with its aoe anti haste skill. But I have gotten some legit kills, as in no playing around with lock group. our best ranger Ventius was out for a week or two so I was able to sneak in my 1st-4th kills during that week.
On proteus assuming its my fire lure, I hit 2.3-2.6k, with my highest on prot crit hit being 5.8k i think, usually not paying attention to my damage tho,, thats the highest I have picked up on.

Getting prot kills is definitely a challange, but its a fun one :-)
The other bosses (mordy, necro, gele) are not really possible though. I tried for a necro kill once, got all of our dps to not haste, Ventius still got the kill :/
I believe you should expand on what gears to look out for,that aspect isn't mentioned properly.
A hellfire neck n emberdrake charm is best combo out there but we both know how rare the charms are so should give alternatives like osan neck+ hellfire charms and ofc skain/gara mix sets. Especially shrive set since it has boost to both ice n fire magic where usually a fire mage doesn't have an ice magic gear, it wud help on neutral bosses by boosting shards n blast(ik some fire mages having all 4 skills and inc). Some mages prefer more endurance setups with perceptor ammy and spider charms, both good at respective levels for levelling.
Thank you for the suggestion! Will work on improving this section :-) . I just started to level a new mage on Herne and have started to notice that I need to add some stuff to this guide.
Overall I think you should suggest to sticky this seeing you put a good amount of effort into it and is listed neatly.
Thank you :) A sticky would be nice, but I think I have a little more work to do for the guide before it is on par with Armo and fury's guides.
PS: Equip a void book or gele wand after using the necro wand for storm crit record, you shouldn't use the necro one after casting its skill.
True, I just didn't feel like having to wait for the wand skill to recool down every time.

So far all of the advice does sound good, as for getting gear yes as a new player I do not have the coins to buy all of that.
Hey Mike!
Although as a mage you can invest in the gear Loco outlined you don't need to spend a whole lot of gold to compete with some of the other mages at your level range. Something that a lot of people overlook is build matters more than gear With a mage this may seem kind of silly because there is focus, vitality, and damage skills, not a lot of a challange. But this is what makes mages so challenging, is that it is the small stuff, like timing when you use what skill, when do you lure, making sure your incin is the one on boss, small things like this that determine which mage gets the kill.

If you are tight on gold I would suggest buying energy sigils. Lux is alright, and the rings that you can buy from players are alright, but sigils are an item that you can carry through for the entire time you play, unlike all the other items.
Not supposed to buy it. Just work on frozen/faerieland bosses and use celticheroes.info to find the locations of the Yule bosses that drop the firestorm rings and fireattun bracelets. You can also take it a step further and continuely check paradai for the chance of getting i believe +5 firestorm necky with focus and fire magic.

If you're in a good clan at 180, you can also equip mord and hrung gear and possibly a royal necro bracelet if your clan can get it, not to mention the silverweb charm of elements you can get by killing legacys
Loco pointed out some good points as well, that going solo as a mage is a very boring route. The best way to be on top is to join a top clan. You don't have to, but it does help a lot.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

And I'm not even going into the Proteus kills coz its not even a legit way of getting kills. A ranger or rogue always dominates prot kills.
No rogue should outdps a well geared mage. Only one rogue on all of arawn can out dps me, but james is a god so won't even go there. prot nerfs rogues bad with its aoe anti haste skill. But I have gotten some legit kills, as in no playing around with lock group. our best ranger Ventius was out for a week or two so I was able to sneak in my 1st-4th kills during that week.
On proteus assuming its my fire lure, I hit 2.3-2.6k, with my highest on prot crit hit being 5.8k i think, usually not paying attention to my damage tho,, thats the highest I have picked up on.

Getting prot kills is definitely a challange, but its a fun one :-)
The other bosses (mordy, necro, gele) are not really possible though. I tried for a necro kill once, got all of our dps to not haste, Ventius still got the kill :/
I believe you should expand on what gears to look out for,that aspect isn't mentioned properly.
A hellfire neck n emberdrake charm is best combo out there but we both know how rare the charms are so should give alternatives like osan neck+ hellfire charms and ofc skain/gara mix sets. Especially shrive set since it has boost to both ice n fire magic where usually a fire mage doesn't have an ice magic gear, it wud help on neutral bosses by boosting shards n blast(ik some fire mages having all 4 skills and inc). Some mages prefer more endurance setups with perceptor ammy and spider charms, both good at respective levels for levelling.
Thank you for the suggestion! Will work on improving this section :-) . I just started to level a new mage on Herne and have started to notice that I need to add some stuff to this guide.
Overall I think you should suggest to sticky this seeing you put a good amount of effort into it and is listed neatly.
Thank you :) A sticky would be nice, but I think I have a little more work to do for the guide before it is on par with Armo and fury's guides.
PS: Equip a void book or gele wand after using the necro wand for storm crit record, you shouldn't use the necro one after casting its skill.
True, I just didn't feel like having to wait for the wand skill to recool down every time.

Hey Mike!
Although as a mage you can invest in the gear Loco outlined you don't need to spend a whole lot of gold to compete with some of the other mages at your level range. Something that a lot of people overlook is build matters more than gear With a mage this may seem kind of silly because there is focus, vitality, and damage skills, not a lot of a challange. But this is what makes mages so challenging, is that it is the small stuff, like timing when you use what skill, when do you lure, making sure your incin is the one on boss, small things like this that determine which mage gets the kill.

If you are tight on gold I would suggest buying energy sigils. Lux is alright, and the rings that you can buy from players are alright, but sigils are an item that you can carry through for the entire time you play, unlike all the other items.

Loco pointed out some good points as well, that going solo as a mage is a very boring route. The best way to be on top is to join a top clan. You don't have to, but it does help a lot.
I agree with what you said towards mike about not needing the best gear at your level. I was the best geared mage below 180 on arawn with all my +5/6 gear at the time, but I suggest you just level up as much as you can with whatever gear you can get. There's really no point in staying 150-160 unless your clan doesn't kill bosses any higher and you want level lock for frozen and lower dl/aggy bosses
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

I'm really liking the replies on this thread, it does give me a lot to think about and to work towards. I'm on hernes and the auction house is quite empty when it comes to gear for my level.
I'm hoping the cross platform on Monday will give me more of a choice.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

I'm really liking the replies on this thread, it does give me a lot to think about and to work towards. I'm on hernes and the auction house is quite empty when it comes to gear for my level.
I'm hoping the cross platform on Monday will give me more of a choice.
Ya same here lol. Herne's AH sucks :/
Need to find some gear for myself there :P
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at