Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Lures

Hi there,

How many skill points should I put into my lures? I am having mixed opinions on the subject and wondered what you all do?

Thanks in advance
(Solo fire Mage)

Re: Lures

Hi there,

How many skill points should I put into my lures? I am having mixed opinions on the subject and wondered what you all do?

Thanks in advance
(Solo fire Mage)
Hey Drann :-) I need a little bit more info to better help you out
-) What level is your mage?
-) do you hotswap rings or other skill gear

Thank you Drann!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Hi, I am lvl 211 fire Mage and had maxed my fire lure at 50. Recently heard that other mages only put 20-25 in there as it has the same affect, I wonder how others think about or has this been tested recently. I don't swap gears often apart from my EDL Helm or hrung +8 firestorm Helm

Also wondering wether to put points onto the lure of assassins instead of all to my fire.

Thanks bob

Hi, I am lvl 211 fire Mage and had maxed my fire lure at 50. Recently heard that other mages only put 20-25 in there as it has the same affect, I wonder how others think about or has this been tested recently. I don't swap gears often apart from my EDL Helm or hrung +8 firestorm Helm

Also wondering wether to put points onto the lure of assassins instead of all to my fire.

Thanks bob

As always, things depend upon your playstyle, clan playstyle, and what other mages are in clan and how often they play. I have never heard of a mage having the lure of their attunement less than 50 at endgame. I say to keep that maxed and whatever points are leftover you can dump into LoA do so.

Thanks bob
For leveling and pvp you don't need a max lure, 30 should do the trick. However for bossing, both EG and EDL/DL you will want a max lure. I guess if it was between a lure and another skill splitting the points wouldn't hurt to bad. But I have had max lures since I can remember.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Levelling is fine to have at 30 or 35. Reason being, is that mobs wouldn't have much fire resistance and they don't go into negative values. E.g. A mob with 400 fire resistance lured with a 35 lure would depreciate its resistance to 0.... But so would 50/50 lure because it doesn't stem into negative values... Therefore you've wasted 15/20 points in lure.

Issue at end game is that you need a max lure to negate Proteus wards. Not only that but bosses have way more resistances that what you can lure so it's more useful to have a max lure.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.