Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ice mage?

I have a couple of questions.
Im a level 50 mage and is it worth it to be an ice mage or is hybrid better for levelling because i don't have firestorm and don't want to waste points on fire attunement to be a fire mage.

Should i bother buying ice blast for 10k and ice attune for 4k? Im on balor btw.

Thank you
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: Ice mage?

Im a level 50 mage and is it worth it to be an ice mage or is hybrid better for levelling because i don't have firestorm and don't want to waste points on fire attunement to be a fire mage.

Should i bother buying ice blast for 10k and ice attune for 4k? Im on balor btw.

Thank you
Ya. Hybrid works alright up to like 70ish before you really are losing dps. As a Firemage I love fire, but it's up to you.
But I would pick ice over hybrid. (By this I mean pick an attune over a no attune build)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Thank you
Get firestorm and switch to fire. Firemages opeee :D
220+Ranger
220+Mage
Plz add autoplay!

Thank you
Get firestorm and switch to fire. Firemages opeee :D
On some servers, like mine, firestorm sells for 50k+, its basically shadow strike... For newer players they don't always have the funds to get the skill right away. Iceblast is common enough it goes for 10 to 15k... I prefer fire but both forms of the the mage have their strengths and weaknesses. Without icemages gele (cuz fire xtals) and edl bosses would be annoying.

Fire is faster, less skill damage but more involved
Ice is slower, massive damage, but less involved and spamming skills
Bob The God

In balor it sells for 150k+ so i have no hope of buying it for now. I will become firemage once i get it.
Damn 150k? Come to Morrigan, i'll give you 5 for free :D
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

There is no right or wrong way to play a mage. It's all bespoke to your current eq and playstyle.

From level 150-180 I was a tank mage using a shield and that worked best for me - now i level as an ice mage because I have the eq to tank 2/3 mobs at once with res pots and smash iceblast on them all. It's all self catered - mix and match different builds and play styles.

At the end of the day that is where the fun from CH comes from - the adventure side of it. The learning the do's and donts and playing around with your class. I have to tell you as a prewarning, though, mages are one of the hardest classes to level because of their cost. I would never recommend levelling a mage as your first class.

Good luck.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

There is no right or wrong way to play a mage. It's all bespoke to your current eq and playstyle.

From level 150-180 I was a tank mage using a shield and that worked best for me - now i level as an ice mage because I have the eq to tank 2/3 mobs at once with res pots and smash iceblast on them all. It's all self catered - mix and match different builds and play styles.

At the end of the day that is where the fun from CH comes from - the adventure side of it. The learning the do's and donts and playing around with your class. I have to tell you as a prewarning, though, mages are one of the hardest classes to level because of their cost. I would never recommend levelling a mage as your first class.

Good luck.
To quote the current president of the united states, "WRONG." :lol:
Wrong way to play a mage: full str with max sacrifice, meditate, recuperate, double attack, and giants lure using e shield skull :P
Bob The God

To quote the current president of the united states, "WRONG." :lol:
Wrong way to play a mage: full str with max sacrifice, meditate, recuperate, double attack, and giants lure using e shield skull :P
What a useful reply
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.